PDA

View Full Version : How much is my RRA barrel worth?

A10Burrp
11-21-10, 07:22
It's a 16'' middy HBAR. RRA. Chrome lined. 1/9'' I've had it about a year. Less than 500 rounds thru it. It's not a beauty contest winner. I use it for hunting. I want to sell it and buy a 14.5 with pinned FH. Don't know what I should ask for mine.

Your thoughts?

mhanna91
11-21-10, 07:32
Lots of folks on here are probably going to tell you to just have your bbl cut down. I have not a clue who or where the shop is that does it, but I think I read once that the fella does cutting and re-crowning for a little over $100. Dont quote me on that. My guess is that you would be better off doing this, as long as you are happy with having a RRA 1:9, because you would probably take a bigger hit trying to sell in the used market than by just having it cut.

mhanna91
11-21-10, 07:39
Quick search and the company neme is ADCO. http://www.adcofirearms.com/
Go to the shop services at the bottom of the sidebar to look up what you want to have done, if you want to go that route.

A10Burrp
11-21-10, 09:13
I understand I'm going to take a hit, I really don't care. Just want to know what I should ask for it

The_Hammer_Man
11-21-10, 20:07
I understand I'm going to take a hit, I really don't care. Just want to know what I should ask for it

Take the retail price and divide it by 3.. then add 10%. That's my rule of thumb pricing guide for used barrels out of my shop.

Hope that helps.

DJ_Skinny
11-21-10, 22:45

It's probably going to take about the same amount of time to send it to ADCO as it would to sell it, don't you think?

I mean, it's your gun so do as you please, but I think others are trying to point out that sending the barrel out is actually more cost effective in terms of time + money out of pocket.