PDA

View Full Version : Jard LE Triggers?

SA80Dan
11-21-10, 09:19
Has anyone got any experience with these triggers:

http://www.jardinc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12:ar-le&catid=18:ar-15-single-stage&Itemid=6

I'm looking to upgrade my stock trigger for something that is a bit crisper/less creepy. I'm not wanting to get too far away from the stock feel or go too light; I was therefore thinking that one of these in 4.5lb might fit the bill. Searched the web and generally heard good things about Jard - but not too much about this "LE" variant specifically.

Thanks guys

Dan

bigkracka
11-21-10, 14:57
I've never heard of anyone running a Jard. I tried one and it was crappy. Geissele seems to be the favorite right now, I'm running a Timney 3lb and love it. Timney makes a 4lb variant as well, cheapest quality trigger out there IMO.

The_Hammer_Man
11-21-10, 20:03
Jard Triggers tend to be finicky about installation methods. Make SURE you have all your ducks in a row before you start installing one.

That said... when installed properly and given a bit of TLC with some polishing rouge on the contact surfaces they work. I'm not sure about how long they'll work and under what conditions due to the fact that I've never gotten feedback from the guys I've installed these for. Guess I'll have to make some phone calls.

My personal favorite,easy to install, no brainer trigger pack is the Timney "stock" (not the skeletonized competition one) 3lb trigger module.

It's easy peasy to install. (if you follow the rather good set of instructions that comes with it.)

Geisselle makes a great trigger but ,IMHO, it requires a bit more experience and skill with AR smithing than your average user can bring to the table. YMMV