PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use gear in UCP/ACU?

wild_wild_wes
08-06-07, 21:19
I've heard a lot of negative view on the Army's Universal Cammo Pattern as seen on the ACU and field gear, but after buying some examples from SDS, it doesn't look too bad to me, and actually seems like it would work better than other stuff here in California. Do any of you guys use UCP gear off-duty, or do you prefer other colors: OD, Coyote, Woodland etc.?

Erick Gelhaus
08-06-07, 22:35
I have to use the UCP &/or foliage gear for the "side" job.

Otherwise, my LE gear that doesn't have to be black is khaki or RG. Either works with my employer's uniform colors.

Mac679
08-08-07, 17:57
I've heard a lot of negative view on the Army's Universal Cammo Pattern as seen on the ACU and field gear, but after buying some examples from SDS, it doesn't look too bad to me, and actually seems like it would work better than other stuff here in California. Do any of you guys use UCP gear off-duty, or do you prefer other colors: OD, Coyote, Woodland etc.?

I hate UCP and I have to wear it. Thankfully OD, CB, and DCU are still authorized by our CSM and no one knows the difference between OD and RG. I will say one thing for UCP over Woodland, it's a pain in the ass to see at night, even with NVGs...no more look for the dark silhouette in the NODs

M4Guru
08-10-07, 16:39
I wear it so I look like everyone else in theater and don't make myself a target. Otherwise I hate it and think it was one of the worst decisions the Army has ever made.

Harv
08-10-07, 16:57
I have one thing in UCP that I got as a Lark to check it out.... Once I checked it out.. that was enough for me.. OD or MultiCam for this cat...;)

That "Minty Green gayness" makes the Beret seem almost alright...