PDA

View Full Version : S&W's New Double Trouble 410 Autoloader

Jake'sDad
11-22-10, 16:18
The final evolution in defense handguns. I placed my order this morning for one of the first production models. I'm hoping all the holster companies have models out for it as soon as it's released.

Dubbed "Double Trouble" this unique autoloader holds eight rounds .45 Colt or 2½" or 3" .410 gauge, shot or slug ammo. The standard DT is supplied with smooth bore barrels and five interchangeable chokes. The DT may also be ordered with a rifled, or a smooth bore - rifled combination barrels.

"We see this as a tactical weapon for those situations where you want to lay down some serious fire, then get the hell out of there".

http://www.realguns.com/images/frntvwdbleprotosm.jpg

http://www.realguns.com/articles/275.htm

loupav
11-22-10, 16:20
Hahahahahahaha! :D

Jake'sDad
11-22-10, 16:26
Hahahahahahaha! :D

Serious tactical weaponry, is never something to laugh at.....

lethal dose
11-22-10, 16:31
I just shot Pepsi out my nose and threw up in my mouth... at the same time.

Jake'sDad
11-22-10, 16:38
I just shot Pepsi out my nose and threw up in my mouth... at the same time.

Remind me not to go drinking with you......

Spiffums
11-22-10, 17:18
Does it shoot 45 LC too?

That could be a selling point for some of us......:p

willowofwisp
11-22-10, 17:46
its a joke right....

C4IGrant
11-22-10, 18:00
Man that looks like hot garbage. I will be calling S&W tomorrow to give them a good ole fashioned WTF???? ;)

C4

Jake'sDad
11-22-10, 18:09
Man that looks like hot garbage. I will be calling S&W tomorrow to give them a good ole fashioned WTF????

C4

You say that now..... I'll bet you'll be shooting one in the next class.

Just think....the power of a double barreled scattergun....right there in your hand....

This has the potential to become the standard by which all defensive handguns will be judged.....

Seraph
11-22-10, 18:18

Just think....the power of a double barreled scattergun....right there in your hand....

This has the potential to become the standard by which all defensive handguns will be judged.....

I see what you did, there.

jaxman7
11-22-10, 19:02
Now now Jake'sDad all handgun pros know the only REAL test for ANY self defense handgun is if it can blow up a watermelon on a torso with one shot. No other test qualifies.
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/images.jpg
VIVA LA TAURUS!!!!

Jake'sDad
11-22-10, 19:44
Now now Jake'sDad all handgun pros know the only REAL test for ANY self defense handgun is if it can blow up a watermelon on a torso with one shot. No other test qualifies.
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/images.jpg
VIVA LA TAURUS!!!!

With two times as much power, the Double Trouble will cast a wall of lead that nothing could survive.

One gun for defense, big game, bird hunting, sporting clays..... I think the price of two grand is a bargain.

jaxman7
11-22-10, 20:12
Well I stand corrected!! I have been impatiently waiting for a stormtrooper blaster or even a lightsaber but the double trouble supercedes anything I've ever come across. ;)

Jim D
11-22-10, 20:24
Man that looks like hot garbage. I will be calling S&W tomorrow to give them a good ole fashioned WTF????

C4

you say that like you're serious. :confused:

mattj
11-22-10, 20:28
LOL... "Smith & Weston"

mattj
11-22-10, 20:31
...the duck call is what has really sold me though :)

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-22-10, 20:37
Warren Whippet, S&W's VP of Sales and Markup said

That article is hilarious!

Magic_Salad0892
11-22-10, 21:25
Well I stand corrected!! I have been impatiently waiting for a stormtrooper blaster or even a lightsaber but the double trouble supercedes anything I've ever come across. ;)

You could always get a Sterling. ;)

Seriously though.... okay maybe I didn't see it right, but is this a ****ing double barrelled smoothbore 1911 chambered in .45LC that autoloads?!

LMFAO. BEST GUN EVAR.

ETA: 116.2 ounces?! WHAT THE ****?

sammage
11-22-10, 22:28
What the deuce? S&W trying to outdo Taurus at their own game?

Jake'sDad
11-22-10, 22:29
You could always get a Sterling. ;)

Seriously though.... okay maybe I didn't see it right, but is this a ****ing double barrelled smoothbore 1911 chambered in .45LC that autoloads?!

LMFAO. BEST GUN EVAR.

ETA: 116.2 ounces?! WHAT THE ****?

The weight helps soften the recoil for better tactical performance.

And it more than a .45 Colt. It's a double barreled tactical shotgun as well. Entry teams will no longer have to carry a separate breaching gun. A quick mag change is all that's needed.

This gun changes everything.

Jake'sDad
11-22-10, 22:40
What the deuce? S&W trying to outdo Taurus at their own game?

This is twice the gun the Taurus is...

ucrt
11-22-10, 23:00

JD, did you bring an ice chest cause you're really reeling them in...
Hate to see all these sucker fish spoil...

:)

sammage
11-22-10, 23:19
This is twice the gun the Taurus is...

Making it more or less of a gimmick? ;)

300WM
11-22-10, 23:19
I admit, I am one of the biggest impulse buyers when it come to guns. No impulse here.

I also admit, I do like some Taurus models (not the Judge), but the watermelon thing is a little corny. Must be made to show women what the thing will do to head of a rapest?? In high school, we shot watermelons with my dad's .45-70 Gov. Makes really small bits of melon.

Jake'sDad
11-22-10, 23:28
Making it more or less of a gimmick? ;)

Only if you consider two barrels of pain that reload themselves a gimmick......

askani79705
11-22-10, 23:30
"Shooting 500 grain gas checked cast bullets, .45 Colt accuracy was exceptional with groups consistently under an inch at three hundred yards. Fifty yard yammer jammers were easy to hit but swinging bobcats at one hundred yards suggested just a touch of dominant eye cross parallax ventilation. ":happy:
That and the included duck call sold me!!!

ucrt
11-22-10, 23:33
JD, did you bring an ice chest cause you're really reeling them in...
Hate to see all these sucker fish spoil...
:)

... a gimmick......

===============================

JD,
Think you got over the limit. You're gonna have to throw the small ones back.

That grip to hold 3" shells would have been like holding on to a 1X4. But it was pretty funny.

Thanks.

Jake'sDad
11-22-10, 23:40
"Shooting 500 grain gas checked cast bullets, .45 Colt accuracy was exceptional with groups consistently under an inch at three hundred yards. Fifty yard yammer jammers were easy to hit but swinging bobcats at one hundred yards suggested just a touch of dominant eye cross parallax ventilation.

At my age I have some trouble with the 100 yard bobcats as well.

Wonder if there's plans for a factory rds option?

Bolt_Overide
11-22-10, 23:49
MUST..... HAVE..... :sarcastic:

P2000
11-23-10, 01:17
One barrel is for girlymen who can't handle two. How much will it cost, and can I trade iron ore, wolf teeth and bison urine for one because us real men don't use dollars.

bulbvivid
11-23-10, 07:38
I liked this part of the conclusion:

If it makes sense to carry a two pound six inch long derringer or a five pound foot long revolver for personal protection, who could argue with the need for an autoloader version of the same.

This new S&W weapon will complement my choice of a Judge on the hip and a .410 derringer on the ankle. I hope someone makes a shoulder holster for the autoloader post haste. I'll be ready for bears, snakes, and rapists all at the same time.

C4IGrant
11-23-10, 10:00
you say that like you're serious. :confused:

Dead serious. Am calling S&W today and going to have it out with them. ;)

C4

TommyG
11-23-10, 10:25
This would be the ultimate companion to carry as a side arm when you are using that duty AR with the ATI 410 shotshell upper. What a combo!:sarcastic:

Jake'sDad
11-23-10, 12:04
Dead serious. Am calling S&W today and going to have it out with them. ;)

C4

Looks to me like someone wants to make sure they get the first ones.......

Jake'sDad
11-23-10, 12:14
This new S&W weapon will complement my choice of a Judge on the hip and a .410 derringer on the ankle. I hope someone makes a shoulder holster for the autoloader post haste. I'll be ready for bears, snakes, and rapists all at the same time.

This would be the ultimate companion to carry as a side arm when you are using that duty AR with the ATI 410 shotshell upper. What a combo!:sarcastic:

Whoa. Hearkening back to the days of the lever rifle and single action revolver in the same caliber, but taking it to the ultimate. Shotgun, rifle, handgun, and backup gun, all in the same dual caliber, capable of devastating firepower, and energy transfer. (Time for a new round of Strasbourg tests?)

If (when) the SF guys start using these in the sandbox, it could mean a slug of cheap ammo.

Better sell your other calibers now, before the prices drop.

<<<<Runs off to register M410.net

bobbo
11-23-10, 12:17
I've been looking for something to upgrade my Hi Point to. This might just be the platform I was waiting for! :sarcastic:

bubba04
11-23-10, 20:39
This is a real product?.....

Bolt_Overide
11-23-10, 21:15
Of course its real, this thing is ****in awesome!

Magic_Salad0892
11-24-10, 01:22
Grant, when are you taking orders?

cqbdriver
11-24-10, 05:00
I heard that the lower barrel is designed to hit the guy in the groin. You load buckshot in the upper barrel & slug in lower. So, if the buckshot doesn’t take him out, the slug will break his hip bone, disabling his load carrying structure. If you need to take a hostage shot, just turn the gun sideways – gangsta style.

Alpha Sierra
11-24-10, 07:40
Cool, an assault derringer.

Jake'sDad
11-24-10, 10:11
So, if the buckshot doesn’t take him out

Yeah.......like that would happen.

Even if the BG is wearing body armor, the impact alone would knock him off his feet.

Mikey
11-24-10, 10:49
Cool, an assault derringer.

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp304/CharlemagneAllen/v34553_Derringer20Entry20Tactical.jpg?t=1274405734

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp304/CharlemagneAllen/derringer20wtf202.jpg?t=1274405909

Seraph
11-24-10, 13:14
Joke all you want, you jealous bastards! I'm a die hard 1911 fan, but, after seeing this thread, I HAD to have one o' these Tier 1 hand cannons. I pulled some strings at Smith & Wesson (clout... I haz it), and they rushed one out to me, along with a case of their new proprietary ammunition. Well, I didn't bother proving my new blaster at the range, because I know it's Tier 1 kit (any fool can see from the photo that this thing is the real deal). Instead, I headed straight for the woods, with my head dead set on taking down a big elk or a boar.

What happened next was totally unbelievable... I found fairly fresh signs of a large flock of pigs, and tracked them, hoping to catch them at their den. As luck would have it, I eventually tracked them to a clearing, where they were busy feeding. As they scurried around under this one big tree, fighting over some overripe peaches, I took advantage of their preoccupation, and skirted the clearing. Like a panther, I singled out my mark, a great sow who was standing apart from the flock, near the edge of the clearing. After a quick press-check, I deliberately raised ol' Double Trouble, and I took careful aim at COM, for a sure kill... Before I could get my shot off, everything went apeshit! The entire flock of pigs scattered, and started running off into the woods, in about every direction, except... right at me. I figured I'd been made, and cursed TWRA for the blaze orange jacket they'd made me wear. But then I heard a rush of leaves, and limbs breaking, BEHIND ME! With reflexes honed over years of Tier 1 gaming, I quickly whirled 180 degrees, with Double Trouble at high ready. Before I was even turned around, I knew what I was to see, because my nostrils burned with a foul stench like hot garbage, or an old diaper filled with Indian food. I'd only heard about it in whispered stories, but now I was face to face with Big Foot! His great red eyes seemed to bore right through me. Thick saliva streamed from between his dagger-like teeth. I swear he was smiling. In the fight or flight moment, when I felt my knees start to go all watery, I barely fought off the primal instinct to flee, dimly realizing that he would run me down with ease, and likely enjoy it. Then, with his great tree sized arms reaching out to me, I remembered that, in my hands, I held the great equalizer, Double Trouble, and that I had, due to my training, unconsciously leveled its monstrous twin bores right at his solar plexus. With an autonomic squeeze of Double Trouble's match grade trigger, I unleashed a massive searing ball of fire, and it was done. Once my eyes recovered from the incredible flash, I saw his lower body standing in front of me, slightly swaying, with his upper body bouncing through the woods, some 50 or 60 feet behind. Double Trouble had cut him right in half, but not cleanly.

Sadly, I forgot to wear my head cam, and I couldn't document the kill with TWRA, because it's illegal to hunt sasquatch in Tennessee, as they're protected. But, if anyone wants proof, I have some good as hell sausage in the chest freezer.

:big_boss:

TurretGunner
11-24-10, 13:26
Does it shoot 45 LC too?

That could be a selling point for some of us......:p

Indirect Fire? Says it has a smooth bore. Thats interesting.

cqbdriver
11-24-10, 15:54
........Sadly, I forgot to wear my head cam, and I couldn't document the kill with TWRA, because it's illegal to hunt sasquatch in Tennessee, as they're protected. But, if anyone wants proof, I have some good as hell sausage in the chest freezer.

:big_boss:

That wasn't Big Foot but a known local homeless guy who lives out in the woods:
http://www.oakridger.com/localnews/ (http://www.oakridger.com/localnews/x702313764/Treetop-protest)

They call him the "Pig man." Enjoy your wine-seasoned sausage. :mad:

Seraph
11-24-10, 16:00
http://www.oakridger.com/localnews/ (http://www.oakridger.com/localnews/x702313764/Treetop-protest)

Oh... uh... my bad.:sad:

Jake'sDad
11-24-10, 17:39

Hmmm.... If you're going to eat Longpig, marinated in wine would seem the way to go.

Jake'sDad
11-24-10, 17:40
Joke all you want, you jealous bastards! I'm a die hard 1911 fan, but, after seeing this thread, I HAD to have one o' these Tier 1 hand cannons. I pulled some strings at Smith & Wesson (clout... I haz it), and they rushed one out to me, along with a case of their new proprietary ammunition.

I think I hate you......

Any chance of putting a group buy together?

Seraph
11-24-10, 17:51
I think I hate you......

Any chance of putting a group buy together?

I'll see what I can do. Looks like I'm going to have to make a new holster for these magnificent sidearms.

Jake'sDad
11-24-10, 18:09
I'll see what I can do. Looks like I'm going to have to make a new holster for these magnificent sidearms.

Put me down for an IWB with attached Scout Light, 21 degree rearward cant.

Seraph
11-24-10, 18:13
Put me down for an IWB with attached Scout Light, 21 degree rearward cant.

Scout Light - Check.

21 degree cant - Check.

Cutaway for a red dot?

How about tuckable velcro clips?

Jake'sDad
11-24-10, 18:59
Scout Light - Check.

21 degree cant - Check.

Cutaway for a red dot?

How about tuckable velcro clips?

Affirmative on the velcro, but seriously, a rds in an IWB?

I'm just staying with the light and rear sight mounted laser. I want to able to ccw it during summer.

gsxr-fan
11-24-10, 20:49
Hmmmmm... So, S&W is making a modern version of the Confederate LeMat revolver/Derringer thing????

Seraph
11-24-10, 21:54
Affirmative on the velcro, but seriously, a rds in an IWB?

I'm just staying with the light and rear sight mounted laser. I want to able to ccw it during summer.

You're right. I guess I got carried away.

Jake'sDad
11-24-10, 22:00
Hmmmmm... So, S&W is making a modern version of the Confederate LeMat revolver/Derringer thing????

Yes, it's just like that LeMat revolver/Derringer.

Seraph
11-24-10, 22:10

... except not.

w.kyser
11-24-10, 22:41
I may have missed it when I read the review(drool on the puter screen with no wiper blade made it difficult) but did it say when the extended capacity mags would be out?

Seraph
11-24-10, 23:09
I may have missed it when I read the review(drool on the puter screen with no wiper blade made it difficult) but did it say when the extended capacity mags would be out?

A contact told me that ProMag is working out the kinks on a translucent polymer 30rd drum mag, with digital round counter.

Jake'sDad
11-24-10, 23:44
A contact told me that ProMag is working out the kinks on a translucent polymer 30rd drum mag, with digital round counter.

Magpul has already beat them to the punch...

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h384/JakesPop/dtmag.jpg

threeheadeddog
11-25-10, 11:12

Ok, this thread was all good and fun untill someone made this comparison. The LeMat was IMHO one of the coolest firearms in American history. Not to mention that it was used by none other than Jane of the Firefly class ship Serenity.

Just a side note I like Firefly so much that when my wife and I were picking out names for our soon-to-be son I completely forgot that Jane is in fact a girls name. I got a bit of a dirty look for even saying it.

Jake'sDad
11-25-10, 12:29
So she used one of those revolver/Derringer things too?

Cool!

dewatters
11-26-10, 10:47
Hmmm.... If you're going to eat Longpig, marinated in wine would seem the way to go.

Yes, and might I suggest that you serve the liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Jake'sDad
11-26-10, 11:25
Yes, and might I suggest that you serve the liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Too.........cliche.....

I think it would pair better with a Châteauneuf-du-Pape and some roasted fennel.

Seraph
11-26-10, 11:35
I've found best satisfaction comes with fried red potatoes, and a few shots of Jameson.

Jake'sDad
11-26-10, 14:51
I've found best satisfaction comes with fried red potatoes, and a few shots of Jameson.

Hmmmm... I'll occasionally, but reluctantly, ignore my feelings towards the French when it comes to wine........never for whiskey......

Besides, a truly fine meal such as that would deserve something far less pedestrian..... Perhaps a fine Macallan single malt 21 year...... 15 year, if need be for those on a budget....... We do live in difficult times after all...

mudrock
11-26-10, 23:37
My black-ops connection in LA has informed me they're in stock, special discount if you order 1M+ rounds of corroded '70s ammo.

Seraph
11-27-10, 00:22
Hmmmm... I'll occasionally, but reluctantly, ignore my feelings towards the French when it comes to wine........never for whiskey......

Besides, a truly fine meal such as that would deserve something far less pedestrian..... Perhaps a fine Macallan single malt 21 year...... 15 year, if need be for those on a budget....... We do live in difficult times after all...

... Not difficult enough to make me drink scotch. :sarcastic:

Jake'sDad
11-27-10, 00:45
... Not difficult enough to make me drink scotch. :sarcastic:

Then by all means, stick with your French "wheeesky"......:sarcastic:

Seraph
11-27-10, 01:37
Then by all means, stick with your French "wheeesky"......:sarcastic:

:rolleyes:

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-27-10, 02:09
Helz to the yeah. I am holding out for the 8 gauge.

Jake'sDad
11-27-10, 10:22
Helz to the yeah. I am holding out for the 8 gauge.

Impractical.

No devastating defense loads made for it like we have with the .410. Recoil could also be a factor for some.

The world's best defense handgun isn't even in wide release yet, and already some wish to fix what clearly isn't broken...........

:nono:

Jake'sDad
11-27-10, 10:31
:rolleyes:
Sorry for my judgmental faux pas.

I support you choosing whatever beverage is your raison d'être.

C'est la vie.....

Seraph
11-27-10, 11:44
Sorry for my judgmental faux pas.

I support you choosing whatever beverage is your raison d'être.

C'est la vie.....

Je vois ce que vous avez fait là. :suicide:

Jake'sDad
11-27-10, 15:14
Je vois ce que vous avez fait là. :suicide:

Parce que vous êtes plus intelligent que la moyenne de l'ours.....:smile:

Seraph
11-27-10, 17:27

Merci beaucoup, Boo Boo, mon ami!

Jake'sDad
11-27-10, 17:36

Vous avez tout à fait bienvenu, mon ami ursus ....

Maintenant, faire un étui Kydex pour une 229R. :smile:

silentsod
11-27-10, 19:00
Move over Glock and the M&P there's a new premiere service handgun on the market.

Jake'sDad
11-27-10, 19:23
Move over Glock and the M&P there's a new premiere service handgun on the market.

Move over?

More like back to the drawing boards.......

Seraph
11-27-10, 20:25
...Maintenant, faire un étui Kydex pour une 229R. :smile:

Bientot, mon ami. A toute, il y a, toujours, une saison.

Jake'sDad
11-27-10, 20:53
Bientot, mon ami. A toute, il y a, toujours, une saison.

**** la saison.

J'ai besoin de deux d'entre eux maintenant.......;)

Seraph
11-27-10, 21:28
Examiner votre boite de reception.

Magic_Salad0892
11-27-10, 21:44
I wish I could speak French.

**** you guys. :cray:

Seraph
11-27-10, 21:53
My spoken French is terrible nowadays. I'm very slow at it. My reading and writing in French are pretty good, but I need to work on my vocabulary. For instance, I had to wing it, earlier, to express "inbox." I have to look up a lot of words. Also, I'm not too strong on all the weird accent marks, etc, and I'm usually too lazy to screw with it, so I tend to leave them out, which would surely annoy the hell out of the French.

Magic_Salad0892
11-27-10, 22:02
I tried to learn it, but couldn't associate inanimate objects with gender.

I still don't know what makes a toaster female. :confused:

Jake'sDad
11-28-10, 00:22

A great rack......

Jake'sDad
11-28-10, 00:23
Also, I'm not too strong on all the weird accent marks, etc, and I'm usually too lazy to screw with it, so I tend to leave them out, which would surely annoy the hell out of the French.

That's the best reason to leave them out......

Magic_Salad0892
11-28-10, 01:59
A great rack......

Best reply ever. :laugh:

Jake'sDad
11-28-10, 14:40
Examiner votre boite de reception.

Vérifiez votre exemplaire.

M4Fundi
11-29-10, 01:05
I tried to learn it, but couldn't associate inanimate objects with gender.

Because Toast is masculine... just ask Fletch (aka John Cocktoastin):p