PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: North Korea launches attack against South Korea

variablebinary
11-23-10, 05:38
North Korea used an arty barrage barrage against South Korea this morning.

Since South Korea has newborn kitten sized balls, they will do the bare minimum in response.

However, this is a very bold move that should concern the USA, especially those of us in the military.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101123/wl_afp/nkoreaskoreamilitarynuclearweapons_20101123092327

SEOUL (AFP) – North Korea fired dozens of artillery shells onto a South Korean island on Tuesday, killing one person, setting homes ablaze and triggering an exchange of fire as the South's military went on top alert.
In what appeared to be one of the most serious border incidents since the 1950-53 war, South Korean troops fired back with cannon, the government convened in an underground war room and "multiple" air force jets scrambled.
The firing came after North Korea's disclosure of an apparently operational uranium enrichment programme -- a second potential way of building a nuclear bomb -- which is causing serious alarm for the United States and its allies.

Business_Casual
11-23-10, 06:12
NK is a gangster regime - they are shaking down the west for money to prop up their economy. Plus we are so weakened vis-a-vis our position with China (debt), who happens to be NK's parent, we will end up paying for this.

B_C

ForTehNguyen
11-23-10, 06:38
they already torpedoed one of SKs ships and SK didnt do squat.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-23-10, 08:09
If NK invaded SK and got to Soeul, the SK would call it a parade.

stifled
11-23-10, 08:27
If NK invaded SK and got to Soeul, the SK would call it a parade.

Haha. Don't mind the tanks, they just wanted to check things out.

Alex V
11-23-10, 08:37
-World War 5!
-Pete we've been over this before there has to be a World was 3 and 4 first.
-Oh no, Oh no, thats the beauty of World Was 5, its so intense is skip over the other two.

Rmplstlskn
11-23-10, 10:06
I hope it gets solved without escalation... That is the last thing we need right now... Because no one in .gov has the guts and balls to nuke Pyongyang and take out their nuke facilities if it DOES ESCALATE... It would be long and bloody instead...

Lets not forget the following:

The history channel documentary on the Korean War stated the following about how many people DIED in that war:

2.5 million North Korean soldiers and civilians
1.5 million South Korean soldiers and civilians
1 million Chinese soldiers and civilians
55 thousand American soldiers
500 Canadian soldiers
300 Australian soldiers
and a further 5000 UN soldiers from a number of different countries all lost their lives in the Korean war

Ejh28
11-23-10, 10:50
When I saw this on the headlines this morning, I thought "Oh great, here's another conflict for us to get sucked into." This is really a battle between the US and China via our proxies. We'll see how this turns out, but with the continued escalation over the past couple of years, I don't see this going anywhere good. Plus N.K. just spun 4000 more centrifuges up for some more uranium enrichment. . . . Good stuff.

The whole world is going to shit lately. Iran is within 5 years of another revolution, Pakistan and Afghanistan are both in disarray, and like the rest of the "super powers" we're wallowing in a recession/debt. Should be an interesting time.

Todd.K
11-23-10, 10:54
Long?

North Korea does not have the beans or bullets not to mention energy and industry to fight a drawn out war. If they did I doubt I'm the only one who thinks they would have already started a war decades ago.

BC is probably correct, they intend to shake down the South but mainly us to "shut down" the new nuke facilities.

Ejh28
11-23-10, 12:22
Well the Stuxnet virus didn't stop them, what short of military action will stop renegade countries from trying to build nuclear weapons?

If they really are doing this just to shake us down, what would stop them from doing it again in 3-5 years? I think that paying them would set a horrible precedence.

"Build nukes an the USA will pay you to stop! Free money!"

Drop some bombs, clean house a little bit. That'll send a message these people understand.

Todd.K
11-23-10, 12:41
If they really are doing this just to shake us down, what would stop them from doing it again in 3-5 years? I think that paying them would set a horrible precedence.

This is again, not the first time.

The_War_Wagon
11-23-10, 12:48
-World War 5!

WW IV. WWIII started November 4, 1979. :mad:

chadbag
11-23-10, 12:51
This is again, not the first time.

This is true. They somewhat regularly fire artillery at this island. I think the difference is that this time there were casualties.

Ejh28
11-23-10, 12:54
This is true. They somewhat regularly fire artillery at this island. I think the difference is that this time there were casualties.

I think Todd was talking about us paying them to stop building their nukes.

I don't remember hearing anything about us paying them previously. I do remember them walking away from the 6 party talks because we weren't going to give them enough aid, but I didn't think we'd already paid them.

chadbag
11-23-10, 13:03
I think Todd was talking about us paying them to stop building their nukes.

I don't remember hearing anything about us paying them previously. I do remember them walking away from the 6 party talks because we weren't going to give them enough aid, but I didn't think we'd already paid them.

go research Korean diplomacy and agreements during the Clinton administration.

Amicus
11-23-10, 13:15
WW IV. WWIII started November 4, 1979. :mad:

I always thought Trishelle Cannatella would destroy the world.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-23-10, 17:48
"Build nukes an the USA will pay you to stop! Free money!"

A shovel ready project.

Any war there would be a bloody affair. There is no way the North can 'win'. Think of all the smart weapons that we have to counter massed attacks like this.

How long till Japan gets one step away from nuclear weapons?

GermanSynergy
11-23-10, 19:08
I'm sure our brave leaders have the situation under control. :rolleyes::sarcastic:

If the NKPA decides to make a bum rush for Seoul, nothing stopping em from employing WMD's and massive arty barrages on civilian population centres.

The NK leadership is batshit crazy and nothing is off the table with them...

Rmplstlskn
11-23-10, 19:41
The NK leadership is batshit crazy and nothing is off the table with them...

Nor do they respect life (except for the lives of the leaders). People are expendable to them... Just a biological mass of fluids for labor & war... Which is why starving NK soldiers could be so dangerous... Plunder and booty are ageless motivators...

The first 24 hours would be unlike the modern world has seen since I don't know what... Then it will get wet & messy.

But I think there is much going on that we don't know about... So I hope they have their ya-ya's now and will settle down...

Rmpl

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-23-10, 19:47
The first 24 hours would be unlike the modern world has seen since I don't know what... Then it will get wet & messy.

Rmpl

Some bloody blend of WWI trench warfare with a Blitzkreig thrown in and rear action special forces strikes, all with weapons that don't miss.

Kchen986
11-23-10, 20:05
This reminds me of Hitler & Appeasement. I worry.