PDA

View Full Version : NightForce NXS 1-4x24 vs. Trijicon AccuPoint 1-4x24

FullTilt559
11-23-10, 10:39
NightForce NXS 1-4x24 vs. Trijicon AccuPoint 1-4x24

Is the extra $400-$500 for the NightForce really worth it? Anyone have or try these two scopes? You input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jasonhgross
11-23-10, 11:44
After much analysis and wanting to really like the Nightforce, I ended up with the Trijicon. Great scope, and would be my current choice in the 1-4x arena. Caveate that with the fact that I went back to RDS though. The 1-4x's were too much weight for my mission statement.

Fried Chicken Blowout
11-23-10, 11:48
My opinion would be that, if you're in the middle of a foreign country with the job of shooting at people that want to kill you, then the extra money might be worth it. If you're shooting 3-gun matches, I just can't see how spending that extra money would help you. Trijicon makes some topnotch stuff, I would save the money and use it for other stuff...

Dave L.
11-23-10, 12:27
I own two NF scopes and am a huge fan of them. However, between the two scopes you have listed i would definitely go with the Trijion.
I have only held the greed German cross-hair version but the scope is solid and the glass is clear.
When I order mine, I will get the green triangle, but that's personal pref.

P.S. Welcome to the site.

ALCOAR
11-23-10, 14:24
It kinda depends....the accupoint will be faster on target if you grab a triangle/post ret. and it will never get washed out during the daytime. The baby nxs will be more of the precise aiming optic with better ret's and dials/turrets but gets washed out in bright sunlight. Both have wonderful glass from Japan IIrc and I might give a slight edge to the baby nxs but they are again still close. The baby nxs is built like an Abrams tank and nightforce CS and QC is second to none in my experience not to say that Trijicon's is not but you have a real connection to Nightforce anytime you reach out.

I personally would go with the baby NXS but after owning several optics from both NF and Trijicon, I can say either way you should enjoy the scope and it should serve you well for a long time to come.

FullTilt559
11-23-10, 15:42
Awesome! Thank you for all your responses and input!

Singlestack Wonder
11-23-10, 19:01
Anyone know what the moa size of the circle and dot is in the Nightforce 1x4 NSX FC-2 reticule?

ucrt
11-23-10, 19:23
Anyone know what the moa size of the circle and dot is in the Nightforce 1x4 NSX FC-2 reticule?

==========================

Take a look at page 18 on this LINK (http://nightforceoptics.com/nightforcescopes/LIBRARY/Nightforce_Reticle_Manual.pdf). :)

TAZ
11-23-10, 20:50
I have only played with these scopes and don't have trigger time behind them, but IMO they are different animals. The NSX has advantages in the reticle and exposed knob choices. But if you compare the scopes configured similarly ie triangle vs a FC-1 reticles I think the trijicon wins. That triangle reticle is super fast to get on target yet still gives you a finer aiming point if you need. If you look at it from a more precision application mil dot reticle and exposed knobs vs the trijicon the NSX is better.

As with everything the thin that will rule the decision will be the mission requirement. If you're looking for a CQB scope that has the ability to give you longer range and target ID the trijicon is a great choice and the $$ saved can go to ammo and training. The glass on the sample I played with was very good.

If you're looking for more of a precision/DMR/SPR where youre hoping to engage at longer ranges but still be useful up close the NSX would be better.

Singlestack Wonder
11-24-10, 11:18
==========================

Take a look at page 18 on this LINK (http://nightforceoptics.com/nightforcescopes/LIBRARY/Nightforce_Reticle_Manual.pdf). :)

Thanks for the info! I prefer a a larger circle to better allow view of the target around the center dot. The 23.1moa on the ACOG TA44SR-10 is as small as I like to go. I wish Nightforce would offer the NP-2DD reticule in the NSX. Simple dot format.

hjmpanzr
11-25-10, 10:52
I use the NXS 1-4 with the FC-2 reticle on a SR-15. The reticle feels very similar to using my RDS except that it's black during the day (you can illuminate in the evening). I like the set up very much and I've been using it for about 9 months.
I was weighing the differences between the Accupoint and NF and was all set to go with the Accupoint for price reasons. However, at the last minute I came across a great deal on a new NF so there was only about a $225 difference between the two and I opted for the NF as I already had a NF 2.5x10 have had a great experience with the product and the company. After running the NF with the FC-2 reticle I wouldn't trade the NF for the Accupoint.
That said, a $400-500 difference is very significant. And I would probably be using an accupoint if I hadn't come across such a good deal on the NF. Although, I don't know if I would be as pleased with the scope. Occasionally, a NF scope will be posted on the Equip. Exchange and they are very reasonably priced and appear to be in very good condition. Tough choice! I feel your pain.

NightForce NXS 1-4x24 vs. Trijicon AccuPoint 1-4x24

Is the extra $400-$500 for the NightForce really worth it? Anyone have or try these two scopes? You input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MichaelVain
11-26-10, 14:55
I use the accupoint on 24G on my SR25 EMC and it's very fast to pick up.

I chose it for price reasons as it's just a placeholder until the Leup/SB 1-8's come out.