PDA

View Full Version : Warbelt Holster Options

ASH556
11-23-10, 14:02
I read and searched as much as I could find, but didn't get a good answer. I just picked up an ATS Warbelt with an Eagle Duty Belt inside. I can't seem to find a holster that will work the way I want it to. I'd like to Molle something to the Warbelt. The other option I found is to use the Blade-Tech dropped and offset. The Pistol is a Glock 19 w/X300. Who makes something to Molle directly to the belt? I really don't want a drop leg. Also, I have a hard time spending more than $50 for a holster. What are my options?

Thanks!

GlockWRX
11-23-10, 14:30
That $50 limit is going to be hard to keep. I was going to suggest the Peters Spada until I saw you wanted to stay under $50.

I'm using a Blade-Tech with the drop off set and like it a lot.

Tactical Tailor makes a MOLLE holster that might work. Click Here. (http://www.tacticaltailor.com/modularlightholster.aspx)

Muddyboots
11-23-10, 14:55
I've seen people spend $3k on ARs and then refuse to buy any magazines other than the best deal at a gun show...and wonder why their rifle doesn't run well. It is the same logic, spending at minimum $500 on a pistol and then getting cheap-o holsters Especially if it is a carry gun. Look at Raven

Research, buy once, cry once.

Muddyboots

TurretGunner
11-23-10, 15:00
Check out opticsPlanet.

Last week i bought http://www.opticsplanet.net/safariland-6377-als-belt-holster-stx-fde-brown-right-hand-6377-283-551.html

Bad ass holder for my g19 mounted to warbelt. You can get an adapter to drop it another 1 1/2 inches. If you can do it without a light they are 29 bucks each. Its a $130 holdster. Has felt inside to protect gun and a really good, easy retention system.

ASH556
11-23-10, 15:08
I've seen people spend $3k on ARs and then refuse to buy any magazines other than the best deal at a gun show...and wonder why their rifle doesn't run well. It is the same logic, spending at minimum $500 on a pistol and then getting cheap-o holsters Especially if it is a carry gun. Look at Raven

Muddyboots

FWIW, my carry holster is a $150 Milt Sparks, and I will preach that 'till I die for a carry gun. This is for range/work/training when I just want to be able to put a gun, some mags, and a dump pouch on with one click instead of threading the mag carriers and dump onto my pants belt.

ASH556
11-23-10, 15:10
Check out opticsPlanet.

Last week i bought http://www.opticsplanet.net/safariland-6377-als-belt-holster-stx-fde-brown-right-hand-6377-283-551.html

Bad ass holder for my g19 mounted to warbelt. You can get an adapter to drop it another 1 1/2 inches. If you can do it without a light they are 29 bucks each. Its a $130 holdster. Has felt inside to protect gun and a really good, easy retention system.

How do you attach this to the Molle?

Alex F
11-23-10, 15:18
The Safariland 6280 (http://www.opticsplanet.net/safariland-6280-level-ii-retention-mid-ride-holster-stx-tac-black-right-hand-6280-83.html) is what I use. Fantastic holster.

TurretGunner
11-23-10, 18:13

Muddyboots

You really dont know what your talking about. Its not how much you spend, its value and quality. The holster i linked is a top of the line holster that many LEO, Soldiers, Marines, and SF types use some derivitive of. It is selling for an absolute steal and is perfect for the OP's intended application.

danish
11-23-10, 18:36
Check out opticsPlanet.

^^^This^^^...It's great holster for the money. I bought one for my M&P for USPSA and thought maybe the retention system would get in the way for a quick draw. After a day in a pistol course my mind was eased and am now going to purchase another for my Battlebelt since Safariland makes MOLLE adapters at a reasonable cost. Blade-techs do what they are intended to do but feel they are overpriced by about $20. The Ravens, Kaluban Cloak, Atomic Dog, etc. kydex holsters are nice with a 1.5" belt but are little tight against the Battlebelt for a quick draw.

sparkman
11-23-10, 18:57
The $50 limit is a bit light. but I have been using a Raven Phantom LC
for my M&P w/TLR1 on an ATS war belt(weave loops thru Molle) for several classes
(MDFI and Larry Vickers) w/ great results.
I replaced my Safariland drop-leg rig w/ the Raven and have been extremely happy with this set-up.

number9xd
11-23-10, 19:38
I read and searched as much as I could find, but didn't get a good answer. I just picked up an ATS Warbelt with an Eagle Duty Belt inside. I can't seem to find a holster that will work the way I want it to. I'd like to Molle something to the Warbelt. The other option I found is to use the Blade-Tech dropped and offset. The Pistol is a Glock 19 w/X300. Who makes something to Molle directly to the belt? I really don't want a drop leg. Also, I have a hard time spending more than $50 for a holster. What are my options?

Thanks!

I was in the same boat as you. Bought an ATS Warbelt and couldn't figure out what kind of holster to run because I didn't want a drop leg either. After seeing some posts on the VTAC Brokos belt I decided that was the way I wish I would have went. So, after some going back and forth I pulled the trigger and ordered one. And I am glad I did. I haven't used it yet - will this weekend - but right now I've got a simple Fobus paddle hoslter mounted on the belt. I've got a Kaluban Cloak holster ordered that I plan to use if it works out for me.

I really like that you can thread the belt outside the Molle anywhere you want and attach any holster / item you want, where you want, no matter the attach method.

Now I need to take some pics and post the ATS in the EE.

JSantoro
11-23-10, 23:22
You really dont know what your talking about.

Tell ya what I know: you're never framing a post in that fashion ever again. You can talk shit in GD when the time comes. Right now, the two of you are advocating exactly the same thing, just in different ways.

You just got needlessly snotty with somebody that's in agreement with you, because you glommed onto the brand name he used instead of reading and comprehending the actual message he posted.

Steve S.
11-24-10, 01:44
^^^This^^^...It's great holster for the money. I bought one for my M&P for USPSA and thought maybe the retention system would get in the way for a quick draw. After a day in a pistol course my mind was eased and am now going to purchase another for my Battlebelt since Safariland makes MOLLE adapters at a reasonable cost. Blade-techs do what they are intended to do but feel they are overpriced by about $20. The Ravens, Kaluban Cloak, Atomic Dog, etc. kydex holsters are nice with a 1.5" belt but are little tight against the Battlebelt for a quick draw.

I would love to talk to you about this in PM. The company in my sig is getting ready to officially add a MOLLE attachment for their kydex rigs and has some out for T&E with good results. I'm curious because I'm assuming you tried looping the belt loops through? His method will hold even closer than that, so any feedback would be appreciated. I can pass it on or give you the contact info.

orionz06
11-24-10, 07:15
The simplest way that is effective is to flatten the loops on kydex holster of make your own loops. What I have found though is depending on the belt, there may or may not be a few issues. This is where a good "solid" belt comes into play. The molle loops need to be held down and not "floppy" or the holster will pull up before the gun is out. I would suggest try cutting a few strips of kydex and drilling holes in it to make your own loops.

TurretGunner
11-24-10, 09:19
I Just ordered an ATS warbelt, as it looked like the best bang for the buck. I also ordered a VTAC Cobra Buckle belt for the inner. The laddy at VTAC sent me a BOROS belt by accident so I was able to compare the two.

The Boros is much stiffer. I had trouble trying to thread the belt through it. There is much less MOLLE on the VTAC then the ATS. The ATS is open bottomed, so it can slide when its not on you. Once the belt is locked onto you, there is no sliding. I do like the fact that you can thread the belt on the outside of the VTAC , but its very rigid and will reduce the overall diameter of the inner belt by threading it around.

All in All I like the ATS belt better. The stiching on both look to be quality and the ATS is much easier to work with IMO. The VTAC has an intersting padding that is almost like layered fibers folded over itself , and sealed inside mesh. It gives more but is still very rigid . The ATS is more traditional padding, but it does not move at all on my hips. If I were to compare the two head to head, negating price, they would be about even. When you factor in cost, the ATS is easily a better value at 2.5 times cheaper. If money is no cost, Try out both and sell the other one for a minimal loss , as both are still in high demand.

danish
11-24-10, 13:17
The simplest way that is effective is to flatten the loops on kydex holster of make your own loops. What I have found though is depending on the belt, there may or may not be a few issues. This is where a good "solid" belt comes into play. The molle loops need to be held down and not "floppy" or the holster will pull up before the gun is out. I would suggest try cutting a few strips of kydex and drilling holes in it to make your own loops.
I took a couple of Blackhawk speed strips to run through the MOLLE. They have some hooks on the top and bottom to help hold when drawing and re-holstering plus I didn't want to flatten the loops that came with the Kaluban Cloak hoster so I could still use them. I drilled the appropriate holes in the strips, used the hardware with the holster to re-attach, and it held tight. It just seems that the holster is tight to the the belt and I don't get as postive grip on the gun when drawing. When using the holster with a regular belt it's not an issue for me just with a MOLLE attachment....

orionz06
11-24-10, 13:20
I think I found 1-0.080 strip behind the molle and 2-0.080 strips in front, then the rubber washers and the holster to add a little extra room. Perhaps a washer or sorts might help you out a bit.