PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service, at its worst and at its finest!

seanhagerty
11-23-10, 20:58
I am in the midst of a serious case of BRD. I have been buying parts for my second AR, attempting something a little more long range than my current AR which was a mismatch of stuff with no real purpose other than to build an AR.

For this build, I have purchased a BCM upper, and just ordered a stripped lower from RGuns. Next on the line up was a 20" SS bull barrel. It just so happened there was a thread on this forum speaking to where to find a barrel. I looked over all the links and found one for JSE Surplus. I went and looked at their webpage and liked their DelTon 20" ss bull. The picture even showed it had the gas block attached. The verbiage said it was a "20 inch bull barrel with gas block." Here is the website for the barrel. I ordered this, as this was exactly what I wanted.

I received the shipment usps. The box was undamaged. I opened it up, and found the long barrel wrapped securely. I unwrapped it, and immediately found the barrel did NOT have a gas block. I was dissapointed to say the least. I put the barrel back in the box, expecting to be told to send this back to the vendor. I then sent them an email, and called and left a voice mail. (I didnt get the box until late friday night when I returned from a trip.)

Monday morning I called JSE Surplus, and explained the situation. The gentleman on the phone explained the gas block was not supposed to be attached to the barrel when shipped, but was included in the packaging in the box. I went and inspected the box. There was not a gas block inside. I called them back, and spoke to the same gentleman. He asked me to hold on and transfered me to a lady. (I can not remember her name, but wish I could.) I explained that I did not recieve a gas block. She said "Sean, I don't know what to tell you, we put one in there." She also ssaid they would not send me one because in their position, they already had. I could not believe what I had just heard, I said, "Let me be clear, I ordered a barrel with a gas block, and did not receive one. And you are telling me You sent it and its my tough luck?" She said, we sent it, we had three different people inspect that package and it was there. We had one more round of I didnt receive it/we sent it. Then I told her i thought her company had poor customer service and hung up.

I was mad to say the least. The more I thought about it the madder I got. I know, I know. A gas block only costs 30 bucks, but it was the principal of the thing. I felt like I had been robbed and she (the JSE Rep) basically told me "tough, but we arent doing anything!".

So, I decided I would see if Del Ton liked having their name associated with a company that has that kind of customer service. After all, I did purchase a DelTon barrel. I called and asked to speak with their customer service. I was connected with Laura at Del Ton. I explained the situation, and how they had nothing to do with this EXCEPT their name was associated with a company that treated their customers like this. Laura sounded very dissapointed that a customer was treated like this, even if it wasnt their customer. She even offered to call JSE and see if she could persuade them to send me a gas block. Anyway, I discussed the barrel and break in procedures and thanked her and hung up.

Two hours later I decided I wanted a gas block, gas tube, tube roll pin, and stock. So, I called DelTon and ordered those items. I actually feel pretty good about it cause Laura discussed each and every part and made sure it did exactly what I wanted it to do.

So, here we have two companies and two different takes on customer service. I will NEVER spend another penny with JSE Surplus and will encourage others not to. I WILL spend money with DelTon and tell folks about what their customer service is like.

rattlesnake
11-23-10, 21:18
Sorry to hear. Alot of these companies have very poor cs. They need to realize that cs is important. You did the right thing. You attempted to work it out with them, before informing other ar15 enthusiests. They failed to satisfty you, and now they are on google search engine. I really like how m4carbine doesn't throw whistleblowers under the bus like ar15.com. It is important to know people's experiences with vendors good and bad. I've had a terrible experience with c products, and ar15.com banned me for being honest. And it was very clear how wrong cproducts was. I exhausted all other options before typing on the internet forum. Ar15.com can eat donkey balls along with c products. Hopefully JSE will take care of you if not screw them, and they can suck donkey balls too. Please keep us informed.

seanhagerty
11-23-10, 21:23
I wont have any further contact with JSE. I DID contact the BBB today and filled a complaint against them. We will see what happens, but I dont expect they will make this right.

Kudo's to Del Ton.

SW-Shooter
11-23-10, 21:26
I think they are relatively new at TOS, thanks for the heads up they have been put on the CTD "avoid" list.

bigkracka
11-23-10, 21:30
Good heads up on JSE, I have ordered from them in the past, not anymore.

Del Ton really didn't do anything but take your order.

seanhagerty
11-23-10, 21:33
It seemed to me that Del Ton was very sympathetic and helpful. Based on this limited experience, I would order with them again.

chadbag
11-23-10, 21:34
This is where your use of a credit card comes in handy. I would dispute $30 of the total for the gas block or whatever they charge for that same gas block on their website.

Additionally, I hope your RGuns experience is positive. In my experience (only one) they are amongst the worst and most dishonest folks. "There is no honor amongst thieves."

calvin118
11-23-10, 21:35
If you paid with a credit card, issue a charge-back if the item you received was not as described.

Stickman
11-23-10, 21:40
I noticed you are new, welcome to the board.

seanhagerty
11-23-10, 21:46
Thank you for the welcome. I have been a lurker for a while. Lots of good info with no one throwing stones at posters. I have seen a bit of that on another forum.

I was hesitant to post this since I havent posted much here, but I did want to get the word out a bit. If its inappropriate to put this here, let me know and we can delete the thread.

Sean

sly409
11-24-10, 02:32
sorry to hear about your bad experience. Just like others have suggested, I say call your credit card company and file a charge-back for the appropriate amount.

120mm
11-24-10, 08:43
Thank you for the welcome. I have been a lurker for a while. Lots of good info with no one throwing stones at posters. I have seen a bit of that on another forum.

I was hesitant to post this since I havent posted much here, but I did want to get the word out a bit. If its inappropriate to put this here, let me know and we can delete the thread.

Sean

Ok, I'll go out and throw the first stone: If there is "Lots of good info" on this board, what made you think ordering a Del-Ton barrel was even remotely a good idea?

Because out of all the "Lots of good info" I've seen on this board, I can never, ever recall that being recommended as anything but an epicly stupid waste of money.

Nothing personal, but I would hate to see some other person read this and go away thinking "Gee, that Del-Ton must be good to go." Because they are not.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-24-10, 09:48
I was thinking the same thing but as the new guy I didn't want to just blurt that out. Jse surplus is famous for selling cheap crap with bad cs, and del ton is known for subpar quality and materials.

I would file a claim through my cc as this is unacceptable. As far as del ton is concerned, I don't se where they have good cs in the op's post. All they did was take your money and be polite, which is nice, but they didn't go above and beyond to merit public praise, IMO. I don't want to sound like a downer, so sorry.

Sanpete
11-24-10, 10:07
You're sure you didn't toss the gas block out with the packaging?

If three people really inspected it then maybe you're the one in error.

Shane45
11-24-10, 10:45
Id like to see the operation in this day and age that has 3 people inspect ANYTHING!

seanhagerty
11-24-10, 10:52
You're sure you didn't toss the gas block out with the packaging?

I was concerned about that. I opened the box in a specific spot and moved it to one other location awaiting disposition. I did go back and look to see if it had fallen out. No luck. :mad: I still have the barrel sitting in the original packaging.

seanhagerty
11-24-10, 11:22
Because out of all the "Lots of good info" I've seen on this board, I can never, ever recall that being recommended as anything but an epicly stupid waste of money.

Really??

Do we have to throw insults?

BSmith
11-24-10, 11:32
All the good info on this board and we still don't know that Del-ton barrels shoot just fine?

cbyrd556
11-24-10, 11:37
120mm just calls it like he sees it. If you've been lurking you know that. Bottom line is, he is right. Del ton is not among those a barrel should be ordered from. Just my 2 cents. Have a good one.

chadbag
11-24-10, 11:43

IF is the big operative keyword here. I seriously doubt a company like that had 3 people inspect the order. I doubt one person inspected the order. Somebody dumped the stuff in the box, stuck in paperwork, and taped it up.

lethal dose
11-24-10, 11:56
Ok, I'll go out and throw the first stone: If there is "Lots of good info" on this board, what made you think ordering a Del-Ton barrel was even remotely a good idea?

Nothing personal, but I would hate to see some other person read this and go away thinking "Gee, that Del-Ton must be good to go." Because they are not.
Hey, bro... coulda said it a little gentler. While I agree with your assessment, the delivery was inappropriate.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-24-10, 13:08
Really??

I fail to see where any insults were thrown. He politely let the gp know that delton should be avoided if possible to do so. If you don't like that there is a stickied thread at the top of the page for your moans groans or complaints. Thanks and welcome.

rattlesnake
11-24-10, 16:23
I initially thought the same thing. A delton barrel on a bcm reciever? But I figured maybe the stainless bulls were gtg? I could care less what other people choose to buy. The topic was customer service experience, and now we're talking about the quality of a delton barrel. You could put a olympic on a bcm for all I care, but I do appreciate the heads up on poor cs. The ar market is flooded right now, so good cs is important.

sly409
11-24-10, 16:34
I initially thought the same thing. A delton barrel on a bcm reciever? But I figured maybe the stainless bulls were gtg? I could care less what other people choose to buy. The topic was customer service experience, and now we're talking about the quality of a delton barrel. You could put a olympic on a bcm for all I care, but I do appreciate the heads up on poor cs. The ar market is flooded right now, so good cs is important.

^this

the topic reads Customer Service, at its worst and at its finest!

Some of the folks here are going off course and implying its the OPs fault because he decided to buy a brand thats not on the "chart".:rolleyes: Relax, this is a CS thread, not a who's brand is better thread.

randolph
11-24-10, 17:25
Customer service at its finest is calling BCM or Noveske and having a gas block appear in the mail in two days at no charge.

welcome to the newbie :D

raidernation
11-24-10, 19:41
Really??

Dude don't worry. I have a Del Ton upper and have had zero issues with it. Many people that bash Del Ton probably have never owned or shot one. Good luck with the build and shot the crap outta of her.