PDA

View Full Version : Multicam jackets.

Hawkeye
08-07-07, 14:10
Does anyone make a decent mid-weight (about like a M-65 weight wise) jacket in multicam?

Alpha Sierra
08-07-07, 15:03
I don't know, but have you considered an uninsulated waterproof/breathable shell in that pattern and layered insulation? That system would be more versatile.

militarymoron
08-07-07, 15:13
drop zone tactical's recce smock is probably the closest to an M-65-style jacket in MC. very similar in weight and feel.

eggroll
08-07-07, 16:42
the RECCE smock is a better design IMO to the 65 series field jacket.
DZT's design, and pocket layout are far and ahead of that '65 design
that is really does not bear comparison. I have one in Khaki and due to its style, versatility and its functionality, I would not go back to field jacket.

Hawkeye
08-07-07, 17:43
Oh, I agree. DZT's Recce Smock looks MUCH better than a M-65. I dont want another M-65, I was just looking for something about the same "weight" as far as warmth. DZT is definitely one option that I was already aware of. Any others to consider? And yes, a laying approach is also in my thoughts.

Erick Gelhaus
08-07-07, 18:21
One of the Recce Smocks recently arrived here. The construction on it seems very solid and well done. I'll have to wait for a few seasonal wx changes before I can add anything else.

militarymoron
08-07-07, 18:46
weight and general 'feel' is the only thing that compares - i completely agree that the DZ recce smock FAR surpasses the M65 in every other way.

here's a pic of the recce smock to help you along with your decision...:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/militarymoron/mtnexpress.jpg

Hawkeye
08-07-07, 18:48
You do know your evil, dont you....

militarymoron
08-07-07, 19:25
you talking to moi? :cool:

LukeMacGillie
08-08-07, 08:57
I dont have the DZT coat, I have the SAG SAS smock. I like it with the following exceptions:

its really only good for cold, but dry areas. I spent 3 days in the Adirondaks last January. I wore the smock over a USMC Peckam Fleece and kept warm, and my body was dry, But when it started the rain/snow mix the the coat soaked up so much water that it seemed to double the weight of the gear I was carrying. Thus the Smock has become a coat to wear to the mall and not much else.

I would go with the MC hardshell that is in production. Its like 500 bucks, but if you just have to have a MC jacket, and are going to be in wet enviroments, that is the way to go.

Hawkeye
08-08-07, 09:53
Well, I dont HAVE to have one in MC per se, I do have some other jackets I use. I just wanted one just in case, and to go with my MC BDU's.
As for the rain... it does tend to stay wet here in NE FL, especially when we get our lovely wet winter northeasters, and the rain seems to follow me to every state I visit. Especially during the winter. :rolleyes:

LukeMacGillie
08-08-07, 09:56
Dont worry Hawkeye, I like you, except the hot weather tends to follow me. 34 and raining when I want to go showshoeing. Hottest temp on record when I visit Cape Brenton Island, and the list goes on...........

militarymoron
08-08-07, 10:34
yup, the smock isn't rainwear, but i DID use some scotchguard water-repellant spray on it, in case it drizzles. here's the ottegear patrol parka, which is a waterproof laminate if it's raingear you're looking for:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/militarymoron/otte8.jpg

BSHNT2015
08-09-07, 05:03
http://http://www.sealsactiongear.com/catalog/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=522

Have you looked here?

yasnevo
10-02-07, 20:22
I have a DZT Recce Smock... be aware that they are cut biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig! ;)

Mine is an XL and its quite large. Two of me could fit in this smock...and there is allot of me to fit into a smock! I am sure that I could have gotten away with a large.

MM, that MC Patrol Parka looks...hummm...familiar :)

Y-

GIFFMANN
10-03-07, 09:08
John,
The stuff from SEALS Action Gear from Canada is good stuff. The owner, John, is a good guy. His M/C BDUs just got picked up by an Australian or New Zealand group. Also, if you want stuff from him, I can get it for you..... :D

Giff