PDA

View Full Version : Bowie Tactical Concepts??

KM223
11-24-10, 20:46
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble trying to get in touch with Bowie Tactical?? I have my Glock slide there and its been 17 weeks. I emailed at 15 weeks and email and phoned at 17 weeks. No response?

Anyone have any hints, ideas, know the secret handshake.....

cfrazier
11-24-10, 20:50
Dave is a member here. Try sending him a PM.

Ed L.
11-24-10, 21:44
Dave is a good guy and has worked on three projects for me.

He also teaches at TDI, and I cannot remember if he is a part time or reserve LEO any more.

Try contacting him again. The comms might have fallen through the cracks during a busy time for him.

cevtv
11-24-10, 21:58
Last I heard, he is just extremely busy with gunsmithing, the tv show, teaching, and still being active SWAT. I also just read somewhere else that having slide work done is now a 6 month wait. No idea if this is accurate, but it's all I have found.

Bolt_Overide
11-24-10, 22:03
Ive had a hard time reaching him by email as well, but I didnt take offense, the guys obviously busier than a 1 armed paper hanger.

KM223
11-24-10, 22:20
I'm certainly not bitching or complaining. Please don't get me wrong. I was just under the impression that total time for work was 16 weeks. If I can be honest I just want to pay for the work so I can get the bill off the books.

rdm
11-24-10, 23:08
I attended TDI Handgun I-III in October of this year. Bowie was instructing. When I asked him what the lead time is he replied 4 months.
I would not be surprised if it takes a little longer. In my experience he has been a straightforward, no-bs, kind of guy. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but obviously your concern is warranted.

From what he implied in the class, I was under the impression he is still a LEO.

glockkid88
11-24-10, 23:59
This post takes the words right out of my mouth! I have had a glock 19 with him for 5 months. At first he got right back to me when I emailed him, however for the last month and a half he doesnt reply to email or phone calls. I pm'd him through this forum, I even have called his cell phone and left messages. I was wondering if anyone else could get in touch with him. I have had really good feedback from him up until recently. It is really a bit unsettling. An email sure would be nice.:confused:

Lynn Freshly
11-25-10, 02:26
I know David and work with him at TDI. His phone rings almost non stop and his emails pile up by the hundreds. He is a one man operation with no help. He can answer the phone and emails or work on guns, but he does not have time to do both. You decide!!!

Lynn

brianc142
11-25-10, 06:15
Dave is a standup guy and one of the best in the business for Glock or M&P work. I can assure you nothing shady is going on. As others have stated, he is extremely busy. I guarantee he will call you as soon as your work is done.

glockkid88
11-25-10, 11:29
I really believe that David Bowie turns the glock platform of pistols into the best fighting pistol that can be had, period! I never took a step back and thought about the fact that David is a total 1 man show. This is what guarantees that every gun that comes out of his shop is up to his standards. I dont want anyone to think that I am dogging on him or his customer service. I am just like a kid on Christmas Eve. I bought a used g23 that he worked on but the 19 has been my dream gun for years. Now that it is so close I am getting a bit antsy. Sorry if I sounded like a dick and offended anyone who is a personal friend to David. That was not my intention.

one
11-25-10, 12:10
Just a note regarding attempting to PM him here. Back when I had my G19 slide done by him he told me on the phone he does not receive PM's here and does not check them.

Sry0fcr
11-25-10, 16:43
I really believe that David Bowie turns the glock platform of pistols into the best fighting pistol that can be had, period! I never took a step back and thought about the fact that David is a total 1 man show. This is what guarantees that every gun that comes out of his shop is up to his standards. I dont want anyone to think that I am dogging on him or his customer service. I am just like a kid on Christmas Eve. I bought a used g23 that he worked on but the 19 has been my dream gun for years. Now that it is so close I am getting a bit antsy. Sorry if I sounded like a dick and offended anyone who is a personal friend to David. That was not my intention.

I don't think you need to apologize, he has your gun and dropped contact. That's B.S. IMO regardless of one's reputation. I wish gunsmiths would stop taking in guns they can't turn around in a reasonable timeframe. Start working off a backlog list and contact people to ship their stuff in when it's their turn instead of letting people's stuff pile up in their shop. I don't know Mr. Bowie from Adam but poor business practices are poor business practices & I think us gun guys put up with faaaar too much of it or at least enough of it that situations like this become the rule instead of the exception to it.

John_Wayne777
11-26-10, 18:33
I think the original question has been answered. I'm shutting this down before it becomes unpleasant.