PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Marines Reconstruct the Death of Don Alejo Garza

ForTehNguyen
11-24-10, 21:16
Mexican gunmen attempt to seize his property. They got more than what they bargained for. Sic Semper Tyrannis

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2010/11/mexican-marines-reconstruct-death-of.html

When Mexican Marines arrived at the San Jose Ranch, 15 kilometers from Victoria, Tamaulipas, the scene was bleak: The austere main house was practically destroyed by grenades and heavy gunfire.

Outside of the home, they found four bodies. Cautiously, and with their weapons drawn, the troops continued inspecting the exterior and found two more gunmen, wounded and unconscious, but alive.

Inside the house only one body was found, riddled with bullets and with two weapons by it's side. The body was identified as Don Alejo Garza Tamez, the owner of the ranch and a highly respected businessman in Nuevo Leon.

Upon further inspection of the interior, marines found weapons and ammunition at every window and door. This allowed them to reconstruct how, just hours prior, the battle had played out.

Marines searched for more bodies inside the house, but none were to be found. It seemed hard to believe that one person, armed only with hunting rifles, had caused so many casualties on the attackers.

Dozens of spent shells and the smell of gunpowder gave proof of the tenacity of the man who fought to the end in defense, of not only his ranch, but his dignity.

continued in the article

news story of how it went down (Spanish):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGsQJt94qVc&feature=player_embedded

VooDoo6Actual
11-24-10, 22:31
RIP Warrior

Bolt_Overide
11-24-10, 23:44
Too bad the guy didnt make it, sounds like the bad guys got more than they bargined for.

ChicagoTex
11-25-10, 00:24
Am I the only one a bit confused as to why a half-dozen goons saw fit to attempt to seize this particular ranch? The fact that the guy had guns and ammo stockpiled everywhere is a strong indicator that he wasn't simply being prepared "just in case", but expected to be marauded.

Now it may very well be Senor Garza was guilty of no greater "crime" than refusing to fork over protection money to the local cartel branch, but it's obvious to me that he had some sort of relationship with the people who attacked him. Nothing about this feels remotely random.

Just to be clear: I'm not blaming the victim. The scumbags who attacked him absolutely deserved to die. I'm just very interested as to what interactions (if any) led up these events. If anybody knows anything more about it, I'd be extremely grateful if you'd share.

citizensoldier16
11-25-10, 21:30
A true example of a true warrior in the Laconic spirit. Sounds like this gentleman was prepared and not willing to give in to tyranny. Rest easy, warrior...you got more of them than they got of you.

A lone rancher, a man who worked a lifetime to be able to enjoy the fruits of his labor such as his ranch, had defended it to his death.

The marines who were present will never forget the scene: a 77 year old man, who before death, took out four gunmen, fighting the same as the best soldiers: with dignity, courage, and honor.

Syn tai e epi tai! ("with this, or on this")

Ak44
11-25-10, 21:40
He went down with a fight...Moto :cool:

Artos
11-26-10, 06:17
Am I the only one a bit confused as to why a half-dozen goons saw fit to attempt to seize this particular ranch?

This is a rampant problem...if folks on this side realized the magnitued of what the narcos are doing, it would bring most to their knees. Wealthy people do not have problems gettting deer rifles but the average citizen simply cannot swing it due to politics and $$$. There were 4 killed and 2 thought dead but were only wounded. We do NOT know how many more were there to take the ranch from him. It is clear that they thought he would just be another sheep though. These guys had battle rifles and grenades. This is just an awsome story & my gut tells me he did it to inspire the people. The Garza family must be swelling with pride. Everyone should read the entire story.

Hundreds if not thousands of ranches have been taken from people. The entire town of mier & nuevo guerrero have folks living in lock down. Mexico just sent 3000 marinas to gain back control but they have been living like this for almost a year now.

Sr. don alejo has gained somewhat super hero status and has given many of on both sides of the river who are dealing with this nightmare some much needed hope. The heart of mexico came back to life with this mans actions.

This is good stuff here fellas!!

Lnxgeek
11-26-10, 07:13
The bad guys had given him an ultimatum, he had 24 hrs to give over the property. Don Alejo (who is 77 by the way) told them he would not and prepared himself accordingly, he also told his workers not to come in (he owned a sawmill). Bad guys arrived at 4am parked in front got out of their vehicles and fired into the air as a scare tactic. They were not expecting him to return fire. They shot into the house with their rifles and eventually threw the frag grenades that killed him. The mexican news reports Don Alejo only had "pistols and hunting rifles". He killed 4 and wounded 2, the report mentions the rest of the bad guys left the scene before the marines came.

Mexican blogs and twitter feeds are calling him a national hero, there are already petitions to build a statute of him.