PDA

View Full Version : I must be cured of BRD. Going cold turkey next year.

Phazuka
11-24-10, 21:34
I have to finish up my projects this year and go cold turkey next year and just shoot more, not buy anything new. That's my New Year's resolution. No big ticket gun purchases next year, period! Need to buy more ammo and shoot more of what I got.

I was also thinking of going NFA next year......but I need a new car pretty badly and pay off my student loan early.

richdkim77
11-24-10, 21:36
I'm in the same boat. I've got 12 complete rifles I need to shoot the heck out of. 2 training classes next year and competing in the World Police & Fire Games is my goal... ok, maybe just 1 more build (BCM MK12 Mod 0)

Militant83
11-24-10, 22:11
Im sure your not the only one in that boat....im sure all of on here have some sort of a gun problem...I know I do, I have projects in my head that could take years to complete them all.

Scorpion
11-24-10, 23:22
I wouldn't call it a problem, but shooting more is always good. You learn your weapon better that way.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-25-10, 00:19
I feel the same way. I always seem to buy guns more than ammo, and I end up looking at them in my safe more than shooting them. 2011 will certainly be the year of worn out barrels for me haha.

Dionysusigma
11-25-10, 00:43
I feel the same way. I always seem to buy guns more than ammo, and I end up looking at them in my safe more than shooting them. 2011 will certainly be the year of worn out barrels for me haha.

The 1000:1 ratio is minimum amount of ammo per firearm, not the other way around. ;) :sarcastic:

SWATcop556
11-25-10, 03:46
All could benefit from shooting more and buying fewer guns, but buying and building is half the fun!

I'm headed to a few more training classes this next year but I'm also thinning the 1911 herd down to just 2 (1 railed and 1 without). Thsi should free up some funds to make a few more purchases.

I'm also up for promotion in December so the bump in pay grade would help with the BRD big time!!

richdkim77
11-25-10, 04:42
I'm also up for promotion in December so the bump in pay grade would help with the BRD big time!!

Sergeant or Admin? I'll be on our upcoming Sgt's list, but where I place, I won't know until next month.

arizonaranchman
11-25-10, 05:38
No plans to add any new guns this coming year. Maybe do a minor tweak here or there on one of my existing guns, but that's it. Ammo and reloading supplies is the focus now.

SWATcop556
11-25-10, 08:15
Sergeant or Admin? I'll be on our upcoming Sgt's list, but where I place, I won't know until next month.

I'm not admin material. Not politically correct enough. It's just for Cpl in a new division.

markm
11-25-10, 08:20
I've been doing this exact thing for the last 6 months.

The one thing I do want to add is the Vltor A5 stock system. After that, I'm going long in reloading components.

djegators
11-25-10, 08:31
My goal is to limit myself to one more upper (I have a lower in the safe), and other than that, work on accessories, ammo, training, etc. I also have a few non-AR projects to get going, and possibly work on my NFA goals as well. I added a LOT of firearms and gear in 2010, need to work on improving, rather than expanding the stable in 2011.

Surf
11-25-10, 12:55
I need the tax deductions. My tax guy thinks I am a bit looney, but I think he is a bit looney also. ;)

I went a bit overboard with the rifles last couple of years building several just for myself. This upcoming year I will focus elsewhere besides this platform. Might find specific items to fill certain desires for my collection.

21 years OTJ and I am still a corporal. Granted I am one of the senior guys in the unit with my own bit of influence, but still a corporal. Sgt test was this past weekend. Didn't take the test. Promotion means I would have to leave my current unit. Not worth the trade off. Someday old injuries may not allow me to pass the PT standards, but right now I have my dream job and don't plan on leaving for at least another 4 more years. :D

Phazuka
11-25-10, 16:20
Happy Thanksgiving to all and congrats to all those who are up for promotion this year! Hope you all get your stripes!

Eurodriver
11-25-10, 19:30
I need the tax deductions. My tax guy thinks I am a bit looney, but I think he is a bit looney also. ;)

I went a bit overboard with the rifles last couple of years building several just for myself. This upcoming year I will focus elsewhere besides this platform. Might find specific items to fill certain desires for my collection.

21 years OTJ and I am still a corporal. Granted I am one of the senior guys in the unit with my own bit of influence, but still a corporal. Sgt test was this past weekend. Didn't take the test. Promotion means I would have to leave my current unit. Not worth the trade off. Someday old injuries may not allow me to pass the PT standards, but right now I have my dream job and don't plan on leaving for at least another 4 more years. :D

HPD???