PDA

View Full Version : EOTech EXPS

Doru
11-24-10, 22:15
Ran a search and found lots of mentions regarding the EXPS, but nothing dealing directly with them.

Also, I am NOT trying to start or interested in the Aimpoint vs EOTech debate. I own both.

I am looking for feedback from those who have purchased the EXPS and their experiences with them.

Thanks,

Drew

Hmac
11-25-10, 00:08
I have a couple of EXPS-2's. I like 'em a lot. QD mount with 7 mm riser, works great with magnifier, side buttons, no NV to pay extra for.

I just sent the aluminum hood of one of them off to Cerakoted FDE. I see that the body underneath still has the NV button, although obviously the circuitry isn't there since pushing it doesn't do anything.

payj
11-25-10, 01:14
I think if anyone were to go with an Eotech the xps line would be the way to go. I like how their battery compartment is turned, solving their battery/recoil problem. They are also smaller and lighter. It is also offered in three different reticule styles.

Nevermiss
11-25-10, 17:37
I have a couple of EXPS-2's. I like 'em a lot. QD mount with 7 mm riser, works great with magnifier, side buttons, no NV to pay extra for.

I just sent the aluminum hood of one of them off to Cerakoted FDE. I see that the body underneath still has the NV button, although obviously the circuitry isn't there since pushing it doesn't do anything.

Me too!

I think if anyone were to go with an Eotech the xps line would be the way to go. I like how their battery compartment is turned, solving their battery/recoil problem. They are also smaller and lighter. It is also offered in three different reticule styles.

I've heard that there is a problem now with the batteries being sideways and not being designed to handle the recoil force when oriented in this direction. I haven't seen this, but I haven't put thousands of rounds through mine yet.

Belmont31R
11-25-10, 18:27
I had an EXPS for a few months. No issues with it, and appear to be better made/designed than models of the past but still lacking in some areas. The way the brightness buttons are situated its hard to adjust it esp with cold hands or gloves on. The QD lever worked fine. One of the adjustments for zeroing barely had any "clicks" when turning the screw. The other one had sharp feelable clicks. Overall it was fine...just some minor complaints. I do think the quality is better than before. Ive had a 512 and 552 in the past.

I still prefer Aimpoints, and sold the EXPS.

Hmac
11-25-10, 18:31
Me too!

I've heard that there is a problem now with the batteries being sideways and not being designed to handle the recoil force when oriented in this direction. I haven't seen this, but I haven't put thousands of rounds through mine yet.

I've put about 2000 rounds through my original EXPS-2 and haven't had any issues. Someone here quoted a forum where he'd read about this exploding battery issue. I couldn't log onto that particular site without being a member, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. I suspect it's something of a tempest in a teapot, but even if real there are so many variables, including battery quality, that it's going to be hard to sort out. Kyle DeFoor is a well-known gear abuser and AFAIK still gives the XPS/EXPS line thumbs up.

http://www.kyledefoor.com/2010/01/return-of-eotech.html

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=702113&postcount=49

My T-1 is coming off my SBR and going in the spare gear box as soon as I get this EXPS-2 reassembled.

GLOCKMASTER
11-25-10, 19:30
There is plenty of information already here regarding the EXPS. I just conducted a search and found a thread with over twelve pages. I really don't think we need to start another.