PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Used SUUNTO VECTOR WATCH, Great shape, pic

Cold
11-24-10, 22:48
I got this as a gift last year just not a big watch guy. Wore it a bit, just not for me.

I just replaced the battery. Has some wear on the face and edges. Functions great. Has lots of features. From The SUUNTO Vector description online:

An indispensable instrument for outdoor enthusiasts, the Suunto Vector wrist- top computer combines an altimeter, barometer, compass, and thermometer, letting you plan and execute almost any activity with confidence and safety. Regardless of your excursion--whether it's climbing mountains, riding a muddy bike track, or skiing off piste--you need accurate, real-time information about your surroundings to pull off a successful trip. The Vector contributes by not only providing important data, but also keeping track of your activities so you can make rational decisions at key moments.
The built-in altimeter, which boasts a range of up to 29,500 feet, puts all 14 of the world's 8,000-plus-meter summits within the avid climber's range. Among the altimeter's functions are an altitude measurement function that lets you follow the vertical progress between stages, an automatic 24-hour memory that stores the altitude and ascent/decent rate for every hour, and an adjustable altitude alarm. Climbers will also dig the logbook function, which lets you record total and cumulative vertical ascents and descents as well as the number of runs skied.

The Vector also displays the current barometric pressure and temperature--a must for activities in which weather plays a factor. The device automatically records barometric data for the previous four days, with the first six hours manifested in one-hour intervals and the rest in six-hour intervals. When the reference altitude is set correctly, the instrument also displays the present sea level pressure, which makes it easier to read and understand the barometric pressure at high altitudes.

And few things are more important when exploring unfamiliar territory than a compass. The Vector's electronic compass contributes by guiding you with cardinal or half- cardinal points and a North-South arrow. The compass can also be set to track a certain bearing, which helps you follow a chosen direction. Meanwhile, the unit's declination adjustment function allows you to correct the difference between true North and magnetic North.

In addition to the variety of outdoor functions, the Vector also displays normal time, with such add-ons as three daily alarms, a calendar programmed to the year 2089, a stopwatch with split-time measurement, and a countdown timer. The entire design is unified by an intuitive user interface and convenient, easy-to-access control buttons--a handy extra when hiking or climbing in tough conditions. Additional features include an electro-luminescent backlight, a user-replaceable battery, and an attractive black housing.

Think you've seen this altimeter on someone's wrist before? That's because since its introduction in 1998, the Suunto Vector Altimeter Watch has served as the altimeter, barometer, and electronic compass of choice for hard-core adventurists from mountaineers to Marines. Since then, Suunto has greatly simplified the watch interface on this wristop computer to be more user friendly, upgraded the compass to be more precise, and added weather functions for peace of mind.

Product Features
Material: [Housing] composite plastic; [Strap] elastomer
Altimeter: Yes, usable to 29,500ft (9000m)
Barometer: Yes
Heart Rate Monitor: No
Chronograph: Yes
Thermometer: Yes
Digital Compass: Yes
Adjustable Declination: Yes
Low Battery Indicator: Yes
PC Compatible: No
Water-Resistant: Yes to 100ft (30m)
Backlight: Yes
Alarms: 3 Time, 1 altimeter
Battery Type:
Battery Life:
Size: Medium
Weight:
Recommended Use: Casual wear, skiing, mountaineering, navigation

I am asking 110 shipped for this watch. I cant find the box but MIGHT have the booklet around here. Its a pretty intuitive watch, easy to use. You can also get the booklet online.

I take paypal or USPS MO only.

Pics:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4111/5206078362_5058994cd9.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56035385@N02/5206078362/)