PDA

View Full Version : MOE MVG or AFG?

marh415
11-25-10, 09:27
I just bought the MOE middy HG's, can anyone tell me how sturdy they are with attachments?
And finally which would be a better option, the Magpul MVG or the AFG?
I'm leaning toward the AFG, but I wanted to get some opinions first. :confused:

ra2bach
11-25-10, 11:07
what length handguard? the AFG sucks on a carbine length...

Lincoln7
11-27-10, 14:04
I have a MVG on the way for my midlength handguards. Will let you know how it turns out.

ApacheTactical
11-27-10, 14:28
I have a Magpul MVG and I like mine. It's way it attaches is very sturdy. I have not banged it around or anything but for shooting and recoil I have had no issues. The AFG just feels weird to me, I guess it would take getting used to but it is not for me. GOOD LUCK!

BC98
11-29-10, 08:46
I've got the MVG on my middy MOE and it feels very sturdy to me. With that said, I may pick up an AFG and mod it to mount directly to the handguard. I don't like having the extra rail section installed if I can help it.

The_War_Wagon
11-29-10, 09:06
I run AVG's on my middies - it helped correct my front grip on the rails, and got me away from 'choking the chicken' with standard foregrips. :o

I'm building my first carbine-length setup at the moment though (a .22LR AR trainer), and while I dread the thought (but mostly the EXPENSE!) of say, a DD Omega setup, I want to keep the AVG on this rifle, since that's what I run on the rest of my rifles.

I'm open to suggestions!

cbyrd556
11-29-10, 09:21
I'm running an AFG on a Carbine length MOE and like others have said it is just a little on the short side. I think it would be a lot better on the Mid Length MOE. I have a MVG on the way as it is a better option for Carbine length MOE handguards.

AZ-Renegade
11-29-10, 13:58
I run an MVG on my Middy MOE Handguards.

I tried the AFG on my M&P 15-22 and did not care for it. I tend to apply a little rearward pressure with my support hand and I found my hand wanted to slide down the AVG.

yellowv
11-29-10, 17:30
Yeah I just couldn't get the AFG to work for me on the carbine length MOE, but I think it would be much better on a middy. As for how strurdy they are I have hung a bunch of crap on my MOE handguards and they are pretty much rock solid.