PDA

View Full Version : School me on the Sig Sauer P250

CoryCop25
11-25-10, 13:54
This is one of the few pistols I purchased without doing any research on. I picked it up and held it and it just felt right in my hand. I have the 9MM compact and it fits perfectly in my hand. I am a Glock man and will always be. I know Sig has gone downhill lately but I like this pistol. I fired 50 rounds out of it when I brought it home and the recoil was light enough for my 8 year old to shoot and it ran very smoothly. I only found one post in the search function and if anyone has any experience with it, good or bad, please chime in.

Robb Jensen
11-25-10, 13:55
Save your money....

GermanSynergy
11-25-10, 13:58
Total POS. Seen more than one (9mm and .40) take a shit dive during handgun classes, even with a variety of premium ammo. More FTE/FTF than one can count, and the poor end user had to resort to a .38 Caliber revolver to complete the class.

You could not give me a P250, in any caliber.

CoryCop25
11-25-10, 14:00
OUCH GUYS!!!!!
Keep it coming.

GermanSynergy
11-25-10, 14:05
Lets just say that there's a reason that you see em in the clearance racks for $359.00....

CoryCop25
11-25-10, 14:14
Yeah, I paid less than that new in the box with tax. I have a bunch of pistols, mostly Glocks but this one seemed to fit me nice. I have not seen many of these pistols around in my area so there was no way to test it out first. 50 rounds is by far not enough rounds to make a decision on the pistol but it ran fine. My class pistol is a Glock 34 and this P250 would be just one of my shooters. I do not own any pistols that I feel are not good enough to protect myself or others with but I will take everyone's advice and put a few rounds through it and decide if it needs to go into the used gun case at the shop.

John_Wayne777
11-25-10, 14:17
Read this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40091&highlight=P250\\

Highlights:

GAO document on the Sig P250's failure in the BATFE pistol trials - http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm

Also note that the only US agency to adopt the P250, the FAMS, encountered so many problems and failures with the P250 that they recalled the weapons from service. Now about a million dollars worth of P250's sit in a warehouse collecting dust because that's all they were suitable for.

These would all be clues about the suitability of that weapon as a tool of personal defense.

gtmtnbiker98
11-25-10, 14:35
IMO, a High Point would be more reliable and durable than the P250. Sig's reputation is no longer what it used to be. Stick with your Glocks and you'll be well served. No real or compelling need to look elsewhere.

CoryCop25
11-25-10, 14:38
Read this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40091&highlight=P250\\

Highlights:

GAO document on the Sig P250's failure in the BATFE pistol trials - http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm

Also note that the only US agency to adopt the P250, the FAMS, encountered so many problems and failures with the P250 that they recalled the weapons from service. Now about a million dollars worth of P250's sit in a warehouse collecting dust because that's all they were suitable for.

These would all be clues about the suitability of that weapon as a tool of personal defense.

Thanks 777, good read.

FN in MT
11-25-10, 17:15
The Beancounters were fully in charge when the 250 was marketed. A pistol built to a price point. Again...WHY they are available at blow out prices on a few sales sites.

Run away.... And this is coming from one of the SIG faithful too.:(

FN in MT

FVC3
11-25-10, 17:18
This is one of the few pistols I purchased without doing any research on. I picked it up and held it and it just felt right in my hand. I have the 9MM compact and it fits perfectly in my hand. I am a Glock man and will always be. I know Sig has gone downhill lately but I like this pistol. I fired 50 rounds out of it when I brought it home and the recoil was light enough for my 8 year old to shoot and it ran very smoothly. I only found one post in the search function and if anyone has any experience with it, good or bad, please chime in.

When I attended my last Sig LE Armorer's class, the Sig FACTORY Armorer Instructor was discussing which models we would be working with. He held up a P250 and asked "Anyone's agency issue this one?" No one responded. He then said "Good. Then we won't bother with this piece of shit" as he put it back in the box. He added "Makes me embarrassed for the company working on those".

l8apex
11-25-10, 20:14
If I received one for free and couldn't sell it, I'd separate the frame and slide and use one for a garage door stop and the other for a paper weight. I'm not kidding.

Entropy
11-27-10, 08:55
When I attended my last Sig LE Armorer's class, the Sig FACTORY Armorer Instructor was discussing which models we would be working with. He held up a P250 and asked "Anyone's agency issue this one?" No one responded. He then said "Good. Then we won't bother with this piece of shit" as he put it back in the box. He added "Makes me embarrassed for the company working on those".

Hehe, just curious which instructor that was. Some of them are pretty honest about Sigs, and some are full of propaganda to promote the company.

In regard to the P250, I would sell it off. As others have stated, the P250 has earned a reputation for being problematic in law enforcement circles. I certainly wouldn't trust it for anything other than a range gun. As far as other Sigs go, every single new Sig design since the company changed leadership in 2005 has been full of bugs and problems. Old Sigs that are marked as "Made in W. Germany" or under the old company "Sigarms" are quality guns made with the best materials. Basically anything made before 2005 should be on par with H&K quality.

If you want a new gun, I'd go with H&K, Glock, or S&W M&P. Personally though, I rank H&K as #1 and S&W as #2 though based on their ability to achieve excellence in all their models and calibers.

oldtexan
11-27-10, 10:07
I don't own a P250. I did put about 50 rds through a rental 9mm Compact early version about a year ago when my wife and I were searching for a double stack 9mm that would fit her very small hands. My strongest impression was that it had a lot of muzzle flip compared to the 9mm Glocks that I shoot most often. I also had several instances of the slide locking back prematurely but that may have been caused by my weak hand thumb hitting the slide stop lever inadvertently.

I believe that barring some major action on SIG's part, the 250 is probably finished as an agency purchased LEO gun. Unfavorable testing results (eg BATF) have probably seen to that.

As a gun to be purchased and used by an individual for hard use, I think the jury is still out.

Many folks dislike it because of the long reset of its revolver-like trigger. Others will not find that objectionable.

Some folks are still experiencing feed cycle issues in recently-manufactured guns even with factory FMJ ammo. Some folks are experiencing light strike problems apparently caused by issues with the life of some springs in the fire control unit (FCU) in older 250s. At least these two issues seem to pop up fairly often in posts at the SIG forum and the p250 forum.

If a person wants a gun with the expectation of best out of the box reliability, then IMO the 250 isn't the right choice. For someone who strongly favors the 250's trigger, ergonomics, etc, then maybe it's worth making the investment in time and other resources to get the gun running right. That's an individual decision.

GermanSynergy
11-27-10, 10:22
Alas, trying to make the gun into something it is is akin to teaching a pig to drive a car. You're wasting your time, and pissing yourself off in the process.

Time/money/effort are better spent on a proven and reliable handgun platform, and the P250 is best relegated to the "WTF were we thinking" chapter of SIG's history.

I don't own a P250. I did put about 50 rds through a rental 9mm Compact early version about a year ago when my wife and I were searching for a double stack 9mm that would fit her very small hands. My strongest impression was that it had a lot of muzzle flip compared to the 9mm Glocks that I shoot most often. I also had several instances of the slide locking back prematurely but that may have been caused by my weak hand thumb hitting the slide stop lever inadvertently.

I believe that barring some major action on SIG's part, the 250 is probably finished as an agency purchased LEO gun. Unfavorable testing results (eg BATF) have probably seen to that.

As a gun to be purchased and used by an individual for hard use, I think the jury is still out.

Many folks dislike it because of the long reset of its revolver-like trigger. Others will not find that objectionable.

Some folks are still experiencing feed cycle issues in recently-manufactured guns even with factory FMJ ammo. Some folks are experiencing light strike problems apparently caused by issues with the life of some springs in the fire control unit (FCU) in older 250s. At least these two issues seem to pop up fairly often in posts at the SIG forum and the p250 forum.

If a person wants a gun with the expectation of best out of the box reliability, then IMO the 250 isn't the right choice. For someone who strongly favors the 250's trigger, ergonomics, etc, then maybe it's worth making the investment in time and other resources to get the gun running right. That's an individual decision.

CoryCop25
11-27-10, 19:05
I will bring this pistol to all of my shooting sessions and shoot it as much as I can. I have many better pistols that I am more enthusiastic about and deserve to be run hard. I will shoot the P250 and report any malfunctions encountered with it. I may even forget to clean it for about 1000 rounds or failure, whichever comes first. I speak about Taurus and the XD platforms like most of the posts on this thread but for some reason I am attracted to the fit and feel of this pistol and I'll form my own opinion on it and report it to the forum. Hey, at least it's not a Judge I'm speaking so highly about. :sarcastic:

300WM
11-27-10, 19:24
I will bring this pistol to all of my shooting sessions and shoot it as much as I can. I have many better pistols that I am more enthusiastic about and deserve to be run hard. I will shoot the P250 and report any malfunctions encountered with it. I may even forget to clean it for about 1000 rounds or failure, whichever comes first. I speak about Taurus and the XD platforms like most of the posts on this thread but for some reason I am attracted to the fit and feel of this pistol and I'll form my own opinion on it and report it to the forum. Hey, at least it's not a Judge I'm speaking so highly about. :sarcastic:

That's how I feel! Everyone should have a for fun gun. One that feels good in your hand. Just carry your Glock when you take it to the range. For the price you acquired it at, I would put it in my used gun safe instead of the used gun case in town. Plus, you never know, it may turn out to be a good one.

Alric
11-28-10, 00:29
I have a P250 compact in both 9mm and .40S&W. To date, I have fired 3575 rounds through this gun, approximately 600 of those in a 3-day USTC pistol/carbine class. With the .40S&W conversion I've experienced 1 Failure to Feed with Winchester whitebox 165gr FMJ (the second round I'd fired from that conversion), and 5 failures to feed with Hornady TAP FPD 180gr JHP. I haven't had any other failures with assorted Federal, Remington, Winchester, Fiocchi and Blazer ammunition.

I certainly don't have the resources of the ATF or any government agency to do statistical tests, and my sample size is one, but so far I've had a pretty good experience with it.

Having said all of that, I probably wouldn't buy a P250 again. At this point they are worth more to me as training guns than they would fetch in resale, I suspect.

Julian
11-28-10, 18:04
Had to have one when they came out. Took it to a class and learned malfunction drills all week. Sent it back for light primer hits. Got it back after being told they were not having issues with the P250.
First mag through it had two light primer hits so it needed to belong to someone else.
I think that to get the 6.5 pound trigger pull the hammer spring had to be to light. I feel a 7.5 pound pull would have ended the bad hits.

kjdoski
11-28-10, 19:35
I had a P250 shortly after they came out - "Compact" 9mm version. I carried and trained hard with it for over a year. It was completely reliable and noticeably more accurate than my issued G19, and the ergonomics with the "small" grip installed were exceptional.

However, after probably 15,000 rounds through it in a variety of training venues, I found myself consistently "short stroking" the trigger due to it's RIDICULOUSLY long reset. I think this was complicated by the very soft reset - the trigger springs are so soft that it almost feels like there's no resistance in either direction...

When I bought a .40 conversion for the pistol, it would eject brass directly back into my face - hard enough to crack my Oakley shooting glasses. When I sent it back to Sig with a description of the problem and the ammunition that I'm REQUIRED to carry on duty, they tested with a different brand and weight of ammunition, determined there was no problem, and sent it back untouched. That's the point when I wrote off the pistol, and Sig-Sauer as a whole...

Regards,

Kevin

oldtexan
11-29-10, 11:11
....However, after probably 15,000 rounds through it in a variety of training venues, I found myself consistently "short stroking" the trigger due to it's RIDICULOUSLY long reset. I think this was complicated by the very soft reset - the trigger springs are so soft that it almost feels like there's no resistance in either direction...

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin, did you have stroke stroking issues all along, or did they start after a certain point?

Th reason I ask is that a guy over at the p250sig forum site has begun doing trigger work on 250s. He reports that many of the earlier/older guns he's worked on have noticeably weaker trigger bar springs in the FCU than later/newer guns, and that replacing said springs in the earlier/older guns usually results in a stronger reset.

kjdoski
11-29-10, 13:25
Kevin, did you have stroke stroking issues all along, or did they start after a certain point?
I had troubles all along. Honestly, it was most likely a training failure, but, seeing as I carry my G19 when on OCONUS work, it just didn't make sense to keep on struggling with the different trigger systems...

Regards,

Kevin

Mjolnir
11-29-10, 17:36
It's a shame the execution wasn't better as the DESIGN points the way for future handgun design and manufacturing. The internal "chassis" concept is brilliant, it's fairly ergonomic and, if properly executed, would have been very profitable.

That said, I don't like the revolver trigger though it's probably perfectly adequate for someone who fires their pistol infrequently. There is a reflection of the front tritium post on the slide when peering through the rear sight. Proprietary rear sight design.

Bleh, it could have made an impact... The DESIGN CONCEPT (with modifications) will live on, however.

superr.stu
11-29-10, 21:05
Bleh, it could have made an impact... The DESIGN CONCEPT (with modifications) will live on, however.

Couldn't agree more, I think it could have been a pretty decent pistol if someone like S&W or the old sig had put their brain power behind it. Or hell even a smaller company akin to Magpul and the development of the acr.

As it is though, the p250 is nothing more than a paperweight / dry-fire gun.

kLewis
11-29-10, 21:28
I personally put 3000 rounds through mine before finally selling the replacement gun I got from Sig. It's not just internet rumor, they are total lumps of crap. Stay away! Not worthy of use as a door stop!

FTE at about 20%, FTF about 2%, a Double Feed (yes, a real one), all with 4 different magazines, and finally the barrel failing to lock up somehow during recoil and spraining my wrist in more than 3 directions (try holding a gyroscope at 1100fps, doctor had never seen anything like it and the inflammation showed on the X-ray).:big_boss:

variablebinary
11-30-10, 02:25
Turd. Not worth whatever they cost these days, even if SIG is blowing them out at $299.

If SIG had used some type of pre-cocked hammer design like the LEM or DAK, that would have made a huge difference.

The fact that the pistol seems to have serious design reliability issues is the icing on the cake.

CoryCop25
11-30-10, 14:41
100 rounds of Federal 9BP hollow point through it so far. No malfunctions. Shooting is limited the next 2 weeks. I allow hunters in my field and don't want to ruin their hunt by shooting. I am not going to give this pistol my undivided attention because it is truly a range toy but I will keep shooting it and reporting on it.

Muzzy
11-30-10, 23:27
I've had a good experience with mine. Has had militec 1 as lube from early on and kept clean--perhaps this has made a difference?

Not one problem feeding with about 2k rounds. Many, many thousands of dry fire pulls. "Light" primer strikes on Swiss RWS Ammo. And maybe a couple of others on all other factory rounds. All went off with 2-4 pulls.

I also found it easier to be more accurate than the Glock 19. Much faster to reload. Easy ambi operation. Sizeable grip frames and the thin trigger are especially good for those with very short fingers or tiny hands. Hammer is great for added feedback and safety when shooting.

It is an excellent dry fire trainer with that trigger--perhaps the best out there. It teaches good habits and builds muscles. For the price tag it is worth that alone in my opinion.

Also some merit as a live fire trainer to help with trigger "patience."

John Farnam carries one so these guys here arent the only experiences. Would I take it over the Glock 19? When the chips are down--no way. Would I take it over most other guns out there that dont "speak" german--you bet.

oldtexan
12-01-10, 10:37
...... Much faster to reload. .......

Muzzy,

Could you expand on this? What is there about it that makes for the faster reload?

Thanks.

Bowie Tactical
12-01-10, 11:24
I have seen a number of these in teaching classes and only one has made it thru a class without multiple malfunctions. Neat concept but poorly excecuted. Plus why build a hammer fed pistol these days. They sit higher in the hand and add needless parts.

David Bowie

kjdoski
12-01-10, 11:39
Muzzy,

Could you expand on this? What is there about it that makes for the faster reload?

Thanks.I'm not Muzzy, but I found that the metal magazines ejected much more positively from the P250 than the polymer on polymer "slide" out of the Glock magazines... Also, due to the shape/size of the grip, the magazine release was easier to reach and activate.

Regards,

Kevin

gtmtnbiker98
12-01-10, 11:46
I have seen a number of these in teaching classes and only one has made it thru a class without multiple malfunctions. Neat concept but poorly excecuted. Plus why build a hammer fed pistol these days. They sit higher in the hand and add needless parts.

David BowieI prefer a hammer fired pistol, due primarily to my mode of carry. For AIWB, I much prefer having the ability to thumb the hammer during reholstering. Besides, my P30 doesn't sit as high as other TDA pistols.

oldtexan
12-01-10, 13:18
I'm not Muzzy, but I found that the metal magazines ejected much more positively from the P250 than the polymer on polymer "slide" out of the Glock magazines... Also, due to the shape/size of the grip, the magazine release was easier to reach and activate.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin, thanks.

Gary

Muzzy
12-01-10, 19:50
I'm not Muzzy, but I found that the metal magazines ejected much more positively from the P250 than the polymer on polymer "slide" out of the Glock magazines... Also, due to the shape/size of the grip, the magazine release was easier to reach and activate.

Regards,

Kevin

Old texan I concur with kjdoski's observations; it nice to know great minds think alike ;).

In additon I find that its lightning to pinch the slide stop/release with the trigger finger's joint closest to the hand and the thumb at the same time--I find its positive, I've never missed, and I find I do not have to really shift my grip. All in all my fastest reloads from lock back to back on target were with the P250.

Entropy
12-01-10, 21:28
I prefer a hammer fired pistol, due primarily to my mode of carry. For AIWB, I much prefer having the ability to thumb the hammer during reholstering. Besides, my P30 doesn't sit as high as other TDA pistols.

When using Sig DA/SA guns I've had high stress training incidents where the first hammer strike would be a light strike or hard primer, and a second pull of the trigger would set the round off. I don't purposely do the second strike, it is just muscle memory and the repeat action of a stress shoot. We all pull the trigger a couple, sometimes several times on a failure to fire when we are pushing our limits....why not have the advantage of a second strike ability to keep you in the fight and save the time of an immediate action drill. Probably a reason why many military contracts, among other things, repeatedly request double strike ability. Sometimes ammo is not always kept in ideal storage conditions in wartime.

The single trigger condition of striker guns is nice in cutting down on muscle memory requirements, but I think that there are definate benefits to hammer fired pistols that keep them popular with those of us in military and LE. I sure has hell wouldn't use a P250 though. If you want a hammer fired pistol, go with an old Sig classic series or H&K.

sparky241
12-01-10, 21:33
i love sigs, i own 2 but i would pick a taurus over a 250, lousy quality, flimsy material, terrible trigger.

Magic_Salad0892
12-02-10, 03:27
It isn't very comforting to know that I can bend the frame of the P250 with my thumb and index finger.

keysersoze
12-02-10, 04:02
I saw one that had a catastrophic failure due to a bad reload that may have been double charged or severly overloaded. According to the owner the firearm's extractor flew from the gun and the mag almost ejected. The ejector was recovered and re-installed, but this was then it was discovered that the incident cracked the frame.

HETZ1313
02-16-11, 21:52
Just picked up a p250 compact in .40 and love it trigger is awesome. Accurate, no issues yet. I really don't see why everyone is bad mouthing this gun

GermanSynergy
02-16-11, 22:34
Run it hard in a 2 day handgun class and get back to us.

Just picked up a p250 compact in .40 and love it trigger is awesome. Accurate, no issues yet. I really don't see why everyone is bad mouthing this gun

kmrtnsn
02-16-11, 23:02

Curious, just how manny rounds do you have down range through that thing? Just ball or did you try some JHP's? Where did you find a holster made for it? Please, get back to us after 5,000-10,000 rounds.

John_Wayne777
02-17-11, 07:33

It should be noted that there is a qualitative difference between "badmouthing" a weapon and relating the vetted information that is out there about the weapon.

The following are undeniable facts about the P250:

1. Sig has been trying to sell the P250 all over the world for a number of years...and without much success. I only know of two agencies in the world who adopted the weapon, only one of those in the US...the FAMS.

2. Sig submitted the P250 to the BATFE pistol trials which concluded last year. It was a spectacular failure. Even in 2009 as the trials were underway I heard from a number of sources about how poorly the P250 was performing. One individual, familiar with the testing, referred to the fact that the testers actually ran out of incident forms to document failures with the weapons at one point. After being dropped from the BATFE testing for the unreliability of their weapon, Sig appealed to the GAO and in one of the most ill-considered moments in the history of firearms actually argued that the BATFE's focus on reliability was inappropriate. From the GAO report on Sig's protest:

"Sig Sauer also contends that ATF placed too great an emphasis upon reliability in determining which offers should continue to phase III. In this regard, Sig Sauer argues that reliability was only one of a number of elements to be considered in the live-fire assessment, and notes that reliability was not identified as having any more importance than the other elements."

Sig, once a company famed for the reliability of their products, actually argued that reliability should be considered as no more important than "comfort" when it comes to a weapon intended to protect the lives of law enforcement.

3. The FAMS, the only agency within the US to adopt the P250, adopted the P250 under very murky circumstances. Once the weapons started to be fielded in the pilot program, reliability and durability issues became apparent almost immediately. It got to the point that shortly before the GAO report was published I heard from multiple sources within FAMS that the P250 was going to end up being recalled from service. Shortly after the GAO report was published it was recalled from service in the only US agency to adopt the weapon.

Last I knew, over 1 million dollars worth of P250's are sitting in a warehouse collecting dust as the FAMS continue to use their old issue weapons. It would not surprise me to see the FAMS sue Sig for fraud over the whole affair.

None of that is "badmouthing" the P250...that's just the unvarnished truth about how the weapon has performed in honest testing and when subjected to the rigors of life as a duty weapon for an agency that tends to shoot issued firearms quite a bit. For the individual who is interested in purchasing a firearm they can depend on to work reliably and survive serious use...like training, a rather important aspect of preparedness...those facts do not make the P250 an attractive option.

The reason you see Sig P250's on the gunstore shelf in interesting colors for 350 bucks is because Sig can't move them any other way.

Now all of that being said, it is not impossible for someone to pick up one of the bargain basement Sigs and find things they like about it. With a few hundred rounds through the gun they may even think it is a pretty nice piece. One person's opinion based on limited experience with one gun, however, does not override the documented results from two federal agencies who tried the P250 and found it to be almost cartoonishly bad as a sidearm meant for serious social purposes.

Handguns are tools. As a tool, the P250 is documentably inferior to other options on the market. The fact that someone was suckered into buying a gun that sucks doesn't subtract points from their IQ or from their testosterone levels. It's not a reflection upon them as a human being that they made an ill-advised purchase without all the information. I don't think there's a single adult in the US that hasn't at some point made a purchase that in hindsight turned out to be a bad move.

That's life.

It only gets goofy when we start to argue with the objective facts because we don't like them, or because we don't like the idea of having made a bad purchase. I rarely see someone get defensive after they've bought a washing machine that sucks, or if they've bought a hot water heater that doesn't work. With guns and cars, however, objectivity seems to go right out the window for some reason.

Kafir
02-17-11, 09:21
Outstanding statement of facts.

Sig, once a company famed for the reliability of their products, actually argued that reliability should be considered as no more important than "comfort" when it comes to a weapon intended to protect the lives of law enforcement.

This. If you look objectively across the entire product line you find the model of doing business has shifted in Exeter. Coincidentally with the arrival of Mr. Cohen from Kimber.

Draw your own conclusions...but facts are facts.

This from an old school Sig die-hard who loves rolled steel P226's & 228's. Like a train wreck I keep looking at these threads on Sig thinking I'll find something new about the corporation and direction they are taking.

Skyyr
02-17-11, 09:33
With guns and cars, however, objectivity seems to go right out the window for some reason.

Probably because 1) guns and cars are two of the very few purchases that a man makes based solely on his personal preference and 2) lesser men will always associate their choice in items as part of their identity. Combine those two things together and you've got a slew of guys who derive their security from owning those items instead of viewing them as tools that enhance who they already are.

CoryCop25
02-17-11, 09:37
I kind of forgot about this thread. Just to fill everyone in on my P250. I have 100 rounds of Federal 9mm JHP through it. The gun is very accurate. As I removed the slide to inspect it after shooting, I noticed that the guide rod was broken. SO, no badmouthing here just facts. Gun feels good, shoots good but is broken after only 100 rounds.

penates
02-21-11, 07:09
It should be noted that there is a qualitative difference between "badmouthing" a weapon and relating the vetted information that is out there about the weapon.

The following are undeniable facts about the P250:

1. Sig has been trying to sell the P250 all over the world for a number of years...and without much success. I only know of two agencies in the world who adopted the weapon, only one of those in the US...the FAMS.

The Dutch National Police adopted the p250 to replace the Walther P-5 and small number of Glock 17's in service. Hopefully the P-5's will be surplused to the states.

kmrtnsn
02-21-11, 10:06
The Dutch National Police adopted the p250 to replace the Walther P-5 and small number of Glock 17's in service. Hopefully the P-5's will be surplused to the states.

The P250 sold in Europe does not have the drop in fire control unit that SIGUSA though was such a good idea.

texshooter
02-21-11, 14:22
absolutely hated shooting this gun. my dad bought one from his friend who needed the money and i told him to get rid of it asap. multiple failures to fire, terrible trigger, poor accuracy (probably bc of the trigger, not eliminating shooter error although i can shoot any of my handguns extremely accurately at 25 yards)

i was really disgusted that Sig allowed this onto the market.

while i was at the range the other day, the guy next to me was shooting his and walked over and tapped me on the shoulder.

He asked me how the hell i was shooting so accurately. I looked at his target and half the shots were off the silhouette. When i asked him what he was doing and which gun, he was using the P250. told me in order to get onto the paper he had to aim a foot right of center.

he fired one of my XDs and hit inside the 9 ring the first 3 shots... pretty sure he got rid of that POS

Alric
02-21-11, 14:44
Short single-action triggers can mask fundamentals problems that longer double-action triggers can't. I'm not saying that is the case here, but it has worked out that way in my experiences (having owned M&Ps and a P250).

GermanSynergy
02-21-11, 19:22
They're going to regret that purchase. Going from a Glock 17 to a P250 is called "going full retard" in some circles.

willowofwisp
02-21-11, 19:26
They're going to regret that purchase. Going from a Glock 17 to a P250 is called "going full retard" in some circles.

you never go full retard..