PDA

View Full Version : standard midlength handguard question...

Country Boy
11-25-10, 19:05
does anyone know if any are less tapered. i bought some fat guards from cav arms and their a bit much...looked sweet in pics tho. thinking about buying some RRA now, but i already have some that came with my DTI upper.

any help or pics would be much appreciated.

thanks.

ra2bach
11-25-10, 20:20
pm me. I've got some tapered midlength handguards that I can sell.

HeavyDuty
11-25-10, 20:32
I'm personally trying to find a set of A2-style midlengths that aren't tapered as severely as CA's C8 handguards - something closer to an A2 carbine set. Is that what you're looking for?

Country Boy
11-25-10, 20:45
I'm personally trying to find a set of A2-style midlengths that aren't tapered as severely as CA's C8 handguards - something closer to an A2 carbine set. Is that what you're looking for?

yes. something in between the c6 and c8 maybe.

Country Boy
11-25-10, 20:56
honestly tho c8's may work. for some reason the ones that came with my DTI middy upper jst seem like they taper slightly more then ohters i've seen in pics.

Country Boy
11-30-10, 21:36
so i'm still thinking about buying some RRA handguards, but they look different in these two pics.

RRA midlength handguard pics from bravo company:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/v/vspfiles/photos/Handguards%20Mid%20Length%20Black-2.jpg

and these from RRA's website:
http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/products/hgrdml.gif

the ones in the first pic look like what i'm needing. does anyone know if the RRA hanguards have heat shields on both sides?

rob_s
12-01-10, 04:13
I have two midlengths, one with Cavarms and one with RRA. I can't tell a difference in feel, but maybe they measure out differently. The RRA do have heat shields in both halves. The RRA are exponentially more difficult to install and remove, at least on my guns, if that matters to you.

Country Boy
12-01-10, 18:22
I have two midlengths, one with Cavarms and one with RRA. I can't tell a difference in feel, but maybe they measure out differently. The RRA do have heat shields in both halves. The RRA are exponentially more difficult to install and remove, at least on my guns, if that matters to you.

optical illusion in pics then i guess. thanks for the info. guess i'll stick to what i got.

sdcromer
12-04-10, 08:35
I've been looking for carbine diameter mid length handguards since I got my first middy. I too prefer the smaller diameter - even have a set of old 6-hole handguards on my my carbine because they are thinner and less tapered than the newer stuff.

ETA: I currently have RRA handguards on my two middys, but considering a set of MOE handguards - are they skinner than the round RRA ones?

9DivDoc
12-04-10, 15:48
does anyone know if any are less tapered. i bought some fat guards from cav arms and their a bit much...looked sweet in pics tho. thinking about buying some RRA now, but i already have some that came with my DTI upper.

any help or pics would be much appreciated.

thanks.

I've run an assortment of middie handguards and longer on middies

the MOE's are very nice...unless you are committed to the old style...

durus5995
12-05-10, 03:02
I've run an assortment of middie handguards and longer on middies

the MOE's are very nice...unless you are committed to the old style...

Exactly. Is there a reason you like the standard hand guards over the MOE? To me the MOE hand guards are great even if you are not attaching stuff to your rifle and seem to be priced not to bad. Granted they dont have the old school A2 look but they certainly are much better than fat hand guards.

hunter123
12-19-10, 17:05
Exactly. Is there a reason you like the standard hand guards over the MOE? To me the MOE hand guards are great even if you are not attaching stuff to your rifle and seem to be priced not to bad. Granted they dont have the old school A2 look but they certainly are much better than fat hand guards.

I agree.MOE's are great.

Korgs130
12-19-10, 19:15
I agree.MOE's are great.

+1 on the MOE.

steven58
12-19-10, 19:22
I switched my "fatboy" Cav Arms for MOE on my middie. Much tighter solid feel, more comfortable, and better looking!

Here are before and after pics.

sdcromer
12-19-10, 20:50
Bought a set of MOE midlength handguards at the fun show this weekend. Very nice!!! ;)