PDA

View Full Version : HK P30 + light combo setup

chillindrdude
11-26-10, 07:14
what rail mounted lights are you guys running with the P30? I was thinking about picking up a X300, but my X200 doesn't fit because there isn't enough rail to engage the latch.

second question,
does is there a gunsmith out there that will perform mods to make a flat backstrap piece? even the small backstrap has a small palmswell and i'd like to take it out.

thanks

spr1
11-26-10, 07:30
Do you have your X200 set up with the Universal (aka Glock ) locking plate or the Picatinny locking plate. The HK has a Picatinny rail interface.

jamaicanj
11-26-10, 07:41
I slid the x300 on the p30 and there was not enough space to engage the latch

Jim D
11-26-10, 07:58
I slid the x300 on the p30 and there was not enough space to engage the latch

Push the front of the light up towards the muzzle hard, once it's all the way back on the rail. It'll snap into place, rock solid.

1_click_off
11-26-10, 10:36
TLR-2s is what I have. I like it, a little bulky, but the primary reason for the combo is HD. I ordered a Raven so I will see how is carries sometime in January.

I know there is a review on here stating that the laser is not as bright as a crimson trace, but you would never know it unless you put them side by side. I have no issues finding the dot in the light and especally if you are not pointing it at a carboard box 10 feet away. If you are that close and you have the light on with the laser you can simply center the circle of light on your target and you will sill make a hit. I have a large open field next to my house and at night I can see the laser on the treeline 1/4 mile away.

I also got a great deal $200.00 shipped to my door. Didn't think I could beat 200 for a light and laser sight. I did have to buy 2 for that deal. My dad bought the second one so it was win win for us.

gtmtnbiker98
11-26-10, 11:18
i run a TLR-1, no problems.

John_Wayne777
11-26-10, 11:35
what rail mounted lights are you guys running with the P30? I was thinking about picking up a X300, but my X200 doesn't fit because there isn't enough rail to engage the latch.

I use an X200B on mine with no problem. I have the U bracket in the X200. If the light doesn't lock onto the rail immediately, apply a slight bit of upward pressure to the front of the light and it should click for you.

second question,
does is there a gunsmith out there that will perform mods to make a flat backstrap piece? even the small backstrap has a small palmswell and i'd like to take it out.

I don't know if any gunsmiths offer that specific service, but you can call up the polymer wizards like David Bowie and see if they can do it for you. Alternately you can purchase spare backstraps and dremel at them until you get what you want.