PDA

View Full Version : Form 1 help please

msabo1023
11-26-10, 14:56
Any help would be greatly appreciated here. Just got my form 1 from ATF and on the overall length question I have no clue. As well as the lower length. I have the lower all done so would it be stock collapsed or out? I plan on either a 10.5 in LMT or 11.5 BCM still undecided but if anyone knows the overall length of these I appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Iraqgunz
11-26-10, 16:00
It's been asked and answered here a few times. I can't find it now, but take a look and see. I believe that it is with the stock extended, but you need to double check.

Any help would be greatly appreciated here. Just got my form 1 from ATF and on the overall length question I have no clue. As well as the lower length. I have the lower all done so would it be stock collapsed or out? I plan on either a 10.5 in LMT or 11.5 BCM still undecided but if anyone knows the overall length of these I appreciate it. Thanks in advance

LonghunterCO
11-28-10, 10:14
From my approved form 1s:

10.5= 29.5"
11.5= 30.5"
12.5= 31.5"

I believe that that is extended.

DocMolar
11-28-10, 10:57
stock extended all the way

JodyH
11-28-10, 12:48
I wrote down the shortest length possible 23.5", which is a 7.5" barrel and fully collapsed stock.
btw: Once you have the stamp, it doesn't matter what length your rifle is. You can have any length you want above or below what your form says.
It's a non-issue.
One of my rifles is currently at 29" OAL the other is 33.25" OAL, both are listed as 23.5" on my Form1's.
I run everything from a 7.5" to a 24" upper on my SBR lowers.

I also have one Form1 9mm SBR which I swap to 5.56 on occasion.
I contacted the NFA branch and they said it didn't matter, but if I wanted to send in a note as to the caliber change they'd attach it to my file.

On your Form1, just write down a specific length. They will not approve a non-specific measurement like <30".

:)