PDA

View Full Version : Heartbreaking: Six year old boy with HIV lives all alone in China

variablebinary
11-27-10, 04:10
Saddest thing I've read in awhile. No doubt there are equally sad stories of child neglect and abuse in America, but there is something about this kid exemplifying the human spirit despite being given nothing but hardship.

It's so much for a child do have to deal with, especially at age 6. Hopefully he will get adopted by someone in the west. Our Medicine can give this kid a chance.

http://www.chinasmack.com/2010/stories/guangxi-chinese-aids-orphan-a-long.html

Guangxi 6-year-old AIDS orphan lives alone, eats rice and vegetables without oil or salt yet still eats with relish

In your childhood, what were you doing? Begging daddy to buy a toy, being pressed by mommy to learn a foreign language, taking the pocket change that grandma secretly gave you, sharing the bubblegum you just bought with your friends… When you couldn’t get what you wanted, did you sigh like a little adult: “It sucks being a child!” However, A-Long wouldn’t. By himself, he washes his laundry and makes his meals. Alone, he feeds the chickens and raises the dog. Alone, he studies and learns to read. Alone, he goes to sleep. A-Long never feels it sucks being himself, even though he is only 6-years-old this year.

http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/guangxi-china-aids-hiv-orphan-16-560x373.jpg

http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/guangxi-china-aids-hiv-orphan-03-560x373.jpg

The_War_Wagon
11-27-10, 08:50
I have four children with Autism - this is why I fear the Chinese OWNING America, through our Treaury debt and other worthless Treasury paper. When they come to "collect," I could easily see them forcing such children into the wheat paddies or salt mines, to "work off" America's debt here in their newest territory.

I own firearms, so I figure they'll just KILL me... eventually... :mad:

GermanSynergy
11-27-10, 08:56
Terribly sad story. :(

SteyrAUG
11-27-10, 14:04
What a suck situation.

Thankfully there are some folks who are making sure he has food and clothes, but the authorities are basically just gonna wait for him to die. Even his own few relatives don't want him living with them.

And when he starts to go, nobody is gonna be there to look after him and try and make him comfortable. Thank god he at least has a dog, probably his only true friend. Hopefully somebody will try and be there for his "last days" but I sure wouldn't want to bet on it.

Safetyhit
11-28-10, 08:24
Well, between that and the baby rabbit crush fetish video issue also featured in the link I am off to a better start to the day for certain. Why has the otherwise oppressive nation allowed this boy's relatives to dictate that he must live alone when none of them will care for him but an 84 year old woman who visits when she can?

What an often fu*ked up existence we are part of. Thank God for decent, caring human beings.

mr_smiles
11-29-10, 02:37
It's depressing as hell, but at the same time it shows just what people are capable of doing. Being 6 with AIDS and living alone yet he survives, and I'd bet he even enjoys his life at times since it's all he knows. It's not as if he went from xbox's and oreo cookies to living in a shack making his own meals and reading under candle light.

Pretty amazing story of survival.

TY44934
11-29-10, 11:38
That is a really aweful & sad story! Poor kid got a raw deal from the start. Hope the story on that site (I did not follow link) brings him some much needed help.

The_Biased_Observer
11-29-10, 12:16
Some of the comments underneath are hilarious but yet very telling of society: "What do I have to do to donate to him? I want to buy him a television…":sad: Must have been an American who said that....

But being shunned by the village has got to be shitty. He is getting HIV meds so he'll likely live long this way, kind of a sort of curse... Great parents this kid had.:sad:

Tough little shit, wish there was something I could do.

SteyrAUG
11-29-10, 19:28
It's depressing as hell, but at the same time it shows just what people are capable of doing. Being 6 with AIDS and living alone yet he survives, and I'd bet he even enjoys his life at times since it's all he knows. It's not as if he went from xbox's and oreo cookies to living in a shack making his own meals and reading under candle light.

Pretty amazing story of survival.

One can only hope he is finding enjoyment with his life. Just hard to see the upside when you understand what it coming and that he will probably face it alone.

And it depresses me to no end that people with AIDS would have a child and condemn him right from the start.

7.62NATO
11-29-10, 21:38
Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.

Matthew 19:14