PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first Stripped Lower last night..

lil'Zeus
11-27-10, 09:05
..at the local gun show. I have been kicking around the idea of putting one together and this one caught my eye. I purchased a Spikes Tactical lower which I have read good things on. But the kicker was the serial number for me. I don't know why but the number is 15556 and it caught my eye.

Just wanted to share with everyone here...now the parts gathering shall abegin... ;)

Thanks
Shane

ArmySGTPM
11-27-10, 09:12
Nice! A local shop by me has a bunch of Spikes Lowers for pretty good price, I keep meaning to go get one or two myself.

How much did it run you? if you dont mind asking

lil'Zeus
11-27-10, 09:18
I paid 99 for the lower! I know on the site they are on sale for 85 from time to time, but I figured that was a respectable price and I didn't have to pay shipping or a transfer on it.

ArmySGTPM
11-27-10, 09:21
Wow that is pretty good, a lot cheaper than what i was looking at. I think I saw them for 120 or 130....but i figured would be the same if ordered online and had to pay for the transfer fee....maybe i need to keep searching haha

lil'Zeus
11-27-10, 09:28
I saw some at the show for that price as well, but the guy I bought them from always has them for that...I actually bought two, one was for a buddy though. He already bought an upper so now we have to put together his lower and he is ready to go.

Eric D.
11-27-10, 16:50
Nice buy, spikes is good stuff. That is an interesting serial no. too. I want to pick up a few lowers, unfortunately I can't do so until I turn 21 in April :mad:

MistWolf
11-27-10, 21:20
Nice buy, spikes is good stuff. That is an interesting serial no. too. I want to pick up a few lowers, unfortunately I can't do so until I turn 21 in April :mad:Buy a complete rifle & sell off the extra parts:ph34r:

SPARC
11-27-10, 21:28
Looking back, buying my first stripped lower was like buying crack and something I shouldn't have done. I ended up buying two more lowers before I completely finished the first one. Complete lowers just sitting in the safe often look lonely and tend to be matched up with uppers you never intended to buy or build so soon.

Be careful...BRD is real and it hits hard. I never though I would own as many black rifles as I do, but I wouldn't trade any of them for another gun.

rattlesnake
11-27-10, 21:38
Looking back, buying my first stripped lower was like buying crack and something I shouldn't have done. I ended up buying two more lowers before I completely finished the first one. Complete lowers just sitting in the safe often look lonely and tend to be matched up wuppers you never intended to buy or build so soon.

Be careful...BRD is real and it hits hard. I never though I would own as many black rifles as I do, but I wouldn't trade any of them for another gun.

No kidding, I but parts for future builds, but need more black rifles like I need a hole in my head. I bought a box of junk today as a matter of fact. But who can pass up Moe handguards(one full rail sect inc), 2 stocks w/ buffertubes(cnut etc inc) , and 2 command saddles for $50? It sure is an addiction. I never sell my stuff either.