PDA

View Full Version : Storing AR Uppers ????

kattman
11-27-10, 10:18
I find myself with 15 or so complete AR style assembled carbines and rifles as well as that many un-attached assembled uppers. Most have free floats and optics as well as most having the Magpul AFG. The racks and safes in the gun room are overflowing and the uppers are stacked "carefully" like cord wood on a shelfs and benches. I'm thinking about making a dedicated upper storage unit of sorts to hold 12-15 (or more) upper assemblies with the intent being to save space and have easy access. Wondering if anyone has run into this and how you have dealt with this storage issue. Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kattman from Michigan

twodollarbill
11-27-10, 11:05
I did not put any optics on mine, just stacked them in the 4"x4"x24" boxes they came in.
I would measure what size box you need to work with your optics and check out Uline.com and order the same new boxes for all.
That way you'd be organized and stacked.

fdxpilot
11-27-10, 12:10
Maybe some kind of wall rack with dowels to hang the uppers from, going through the rear take-down pin hole.

Twistedsteel
11-27-10, 14:51
I find myself with 15 or so complete AR style assembled carbines and rifles as well as that many un-attached assembled uppers. Most have free floats and optics as well as most having the Magpul AFG. The racks and safes in the gun room are overflowing and the uppers are stacked "carefully" like cord wood on a shelfs and benches. I'm thinking about making a dedicated upper storage unit of sorts to hold 12-15 (or more) upper assemblies with the intent being to save space and have easy access. Wondering if anyone has run into this and how you have dealt with this storage issue. Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kattman from Michigan

Man why you gotta rub it in. J/k I wish I had your problem.

jetspeed8
11-28-10, 08:30
Have you thought of pegboard with rubber coated hangers, on the walls?