PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Machining

sfsmedic
11-27-10, 12:16
I was looking into building a new AR and wanted a lower marked multi-cal. So I can swap out uppers for various reasons. *I was thinking possibly using tactical machining upper and lower. Any positive or negative experiences with this company? *Feedback would be great.*

Mike363
11-27-10, 14:19
Between a few friends and myself I have assembled 8 of their lowers including a .308, not one problem with any of them. On top of that they have great customer service and are more than willing to spend time answering questions if you have any. I would say they are definatly good to go.

sfsmedic
11-27-10, 15:12
Thanks Mike. That's what I was hoping for.

Militant83
11-28-10, 17:17
Spikes Tactical also offers multi-cal lowers and also have outstanding customer service from what ive experienced.

pilotguyo540
11-28-10, 17:31
Between a few friends and myself I have assembled 8 of their lowers including a .308, not one problem with any of them. On top of that they have great customer service and are more than willing to spend time answering questions if you have any. I would say they are definatly good to go.

It smells fishy over here. Do you guys smell that???

If you guys make a great product, fantastic,, but do a proper intro.

sfsmedic
11-28-10, 17:37
It smells fishy over here. Do you guys smell that???

If you guys make a great product, fantastic,, but do a proper intro.

Are you implying that mike works for tactical machining? Please if you have other experience with them share, I don't want to purchase a product that isnt a good product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sfsmedic
11-28-10, 17:42
I think I get why your implying that. My first post and his 8th post. I am in no way associated with TM as for Mike. No clue. I was reading the 68forums and the other AR site (which I'm not a huge fan of due to it's odd layout and not being tapatalk friendly). So joined here and thought I'd ask.

I currently own a Stag home built lower marked 5.56 with a stag factory upper running Troy FF handguard and aimpoint ml3 and 3G magnifier. I love that rifle but want a hunting upper so 6.8. Enter the original question.

Mike363
11-29-10, 00:29
I am in no way, other than a satisfied customer, affiliated with Tactical Machining. I am limited to what lowers I am able to purchase as I live in lovely Califonia and am not LE so I can't own "known high quality lowers" ie. Colt, KAC, etc... I stumbled upon TM by chance and have been very satisfied with their product and customer service. I'm sorry for a low post count but I mostly read on this site and attempt to gather information as I only have been part of the shooting community for about 3 years. Respectfully, Mike363.

pilotguyo540
11-29-10, 00:47
Please forgive my erroneous assumption and accept my apologies to the both of you. It looked pretty bad.

I too am in the peoples republic. Be sure to hit the california sign in thread. I would post a link but it is too much work on a blackberry! Welcome to M4C

jjw
11-29-10, 09:14
i am also a fan and no i don't know the guy and i don't sell lowers. met him at shot the last time it was in orlando. had a small booth. he is a cop in the orland area. seems to be very knowledgeable.

i just use the best i can get. FYI Lynn Freshly and Hackathorn looked at the 1st 1 i got and said it was a fine piece of work. i bought a blemish unit for less money. couldnt find the blem.

no horse in this race except for good gear. my bottom line o.t.d. gun that never leaves my truck has his lower on it nu ff said.

also have purchased 6 more and built 3 of them. never a glitch

hope this helps. i only build for personal use. i don't sell guns

yellowv
12-02-10, 09:39
I used a TM lower on my current build and couldn't be happier with it. The fit and finish are fantastic. I wouldn't think twice about using another one of their receivers.

Echo7847
12-05-10, 15:30
I recently purchased one for my near finished build and couldnt find any good pics of their lowers nor any pos/neg thoughts about them. They are local to me (FL) and I got in contact with them immediately over the phone so my $ went to them to try it out.

Their lowers come with their own aluminum teardrop trigger guard (i.e. magpul, spikes, etc) for free with purchase so it saved me $ right off the bat from having to pick up another magpul tg.

When the lower was freshly assembled with parts kit only p-mags and GI mags would drop free. Last few test runs with a complete upper, only the GI mags would drop free. P-mag's will release but not free fall on their own. Methinks this magwell just needs its legs stretched with more range time.

Here's a few pics :)

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/Echo7847/0031.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/Echo7847/0041.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/Echo7847/0051.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/Echo7847/0061.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/Echo7847/0071.jpg

yellowv
12-05-10, 22:57
My lower has their old logo. It drops PMags free without issue.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/yellowv/003-34.jpg
Here is how it looks now
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/yellowv/006-46.jpg

sfsmedic
12-05-10, 23:07
Called them up and talked to Nathan. Very good customer service from my limited little phone call. I ordered one of their uppers to start a 6.8 spec II build for hunting. I am also in CA btw. I also gottheir forward assist and dust cover while I was at it. Good pricing. I'll take a couple pics once it's here. He said it wouldn't ship until tomorrow.

ramairthree
12-01-15, 14:40
I just started two builds on them.

One a single shot version,
and the other a standard one marked 300 BO.

Both don't let the safety detent in far enough to engage the safety.

two different branded LPKs don't work.

They work in AP, PSA, an Delton lowers I have.

Real nice on the phone. Guy said he just built a 300 marked one from the batch with no problem, but single shot from an older batch.

Offered to build both if I sent them in with the parts and send them back to me.

I think he thinks I am doing it wrong or using the wrong parts.

Neither is the case.

I just think the 1/8 through hole is fine,
but the 5/32 step hole was not drilled the whole .188.

Iraqgunz
12-01-15, 19:49
You know you revived a 5 year old post, right?

I just started two builds on them.

One a single shot version,
and the other a standard one marked 300 BO.

Both don't let the safety detent in far enough to engage the safety.

two different branded LPKs don't work.

They work in AP, PSA, an Delton lowers I have.

Real nice on the phone. Guy said he just built a 300 marked one from the batch with no problem, but single shot from an older batch.

Offered to build both if I sent them in with the parts and send them back to me.

I think he thinks I am doing it wrong or using the wrong parts.

Neither is the case.

I just think the 1/8 through hole is fine,
but the 5/32 step hole was not drilled the whole .188.

ramairthree
12-01-15, 21:57
That's what I get for searching and not looking at dates.

Bret
12-02-15, 20:14
So any updates on their lower and upper receivers? They're selling them on their website for $49 each with whatever cartridge designation you want.