PDA

View Full Version : Report for class

coyote hunter
11-29-10, 16:25
Howdy all,

I'm doing a report for class and I was wondering if any of you could post links to true stories, where a CCW permit holder used their firearm to protect themselves or others. Or anyone using a firearm to defend themselves, I guess it doesn't have to be concealed.

Just some basic info, It is a persuasive piece, where I will be attempting to convince the reader to support CC. (It's not legal here in WI so it’s still an issue)

If no shots were fired that would look even better for this report.

Thanks in advance!

Business_Casual
11-29-10, 19:14
Look up John Lott's "More Guns, Less Crime" for the best study of why private gun ownership is net positive for society.

B_C

John_Wayne777
11-29-10, 19:14
Research articles from the NRA guardian...they usually include several stories of self defense in every issue. Also search out the tale of Blitz_308 who posted his CCW related shooting account on AR15.com.

Search Lightfighter as well...good guys who defend against bad guys generally make news there as well.

w.kyser
11-29-10, 19:16
check out www.backwoodshome.com. They have articles from various writes like Massad Ayoob and others. Also if you listen to the Gundudes podcast on Itunes, they have news stories that might help.

SeriousStudent
11-29-10, 19:55
Look for this book:

"Thank God I Had a Gun" by Chris Bird.

http://www.amazon.com/Thank-God-Had-Gun-Self-Defense/dp/0965678458/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291082069&sr=8-1

OldGreg
11-29-10, 20:33
America Fights Back: Armed Self-defense in a Violent Age (http://www.amazon.com/America-Fights-Back-Self-defense-Violent/dp/0936783508/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291084299&sr=1-1)

Amazon Review:
In America Fights Back, through vivid real-life stories of citizens forced to face the reality of violence, Gottlieb and Workman provide an accounting of America s crime problem largely ignored by mainstream media. --Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President, National Rifle Association of America

Americans love books in which the good guys win. Gottlieb and Workman are adding to that proud tradition with America Fights Back by documenting case after case in which gun-owning citizens who refuse to wear the label victim remain the winners. --Jill J.R. Labbe, Deputy Editorial Page Editor, Fort Worth Star-Telegram

no1ofconsequence
11-30-10, 00:30
Coyote hunter,

The NRA magazine "American Rifleman" has a section in every magazine called The Armed Citizen ... recounting various stories of how people have used firearms to defend themselves, etc. - many WITHOUT shot(s) fired.

Here is the link to the on-line eqivalent:

http://www.americanrifleman.org/BlogList.aspx?cid=25&id=21

coyote hunter
12-02-10, 12:23
The report went well. After I presented the class, and teacher discussed for about half an hour, after the 10 min presentation:laugh:

Thanks for all the help guys. It was tough staying away from the M4C to prepare for this report.