PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Shooting Method 1 Day Carbine Basic Jan 8/2011 Knob Creek CLASS IS FULL

Mr. Smith
11-30-10, 09:25
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/VSM/vickers-shooting-method-logo.jpg

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/Larry%20Vickers%20home%20defince/P7080905.jpg

Topics covered include carbine safety, stance, zeroing sights, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their carbine topics includes field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, strong side & weak side shooting, shooting positions, use of cover, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bulls eye shooting. Malfunction drills and shooting on the move. Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level.

Instructor: Joe Barnsfather VSM instructor

Class dates: Jan 8, 2011

Cost: $150.00 plus a $10.00 Range fee

Range:
Knob Creek Gun Range
690 Ritchey Lane
West Point, KY 40177
www.machinegunshoot.com

Class size: Limited
Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

Carbine:
- Serviceable duty grade carbine
- Serviceable sling (tactical type preferred.)
- Minimum of 5 serviceable carbine magazines
- Optics – (Optional, but highly suggested)
- Minimum 1 carbine magazine pouch - or method to carry at least two spares magazine(s)

Handgun:
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
- Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)

MISC:
- Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
- Good attitude

Zeroed Weapons: 50-yard carbine preferred, but others are acceptable if you have a good reason why and understand it. Know your handguns zero at various ranges.

Ammo Requirements:
- 500 rounds of carbine ammunition
- 50 rounds of handgun ammunition

Must be paid in full by January 1 2010

kwelz
11-30-10, 10:11
I hope to see a lot of people at this class and encourage anyone within a reasonable distance to attend.

Mr. Barnsfather is an instructor of very high caliber and is responsible for 90% of the firearms knowledge I have pick up in the last couple of years.

Come to this class and if you haven't already, make sure you stop in his shop and look over some of the excellent custom guns he has created.

Mr. Smith
11-30-10, 15:25
I hope to see a lot of people at this class and encourage anyone within a reasonable distance to attend.

Mr. Barnsfather is an instructor of very high caliber and is responsible for 90% of the firearms knowledge I have pick up in the last couple of years.

Come to this class and if you haven't already, make sure you stop in his shop and look over some of the excellent custom guns he has created.

Thank you sir.

Mr. Smith
12-03-10, 08:53
Kwelz
I am glad to have you in class and I expect you to win some drills.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/Joes%20class%20kit/100_1628.jpg

kwelz
12-03-10, 14:22
Thank you sir.

I am hoping my paperwork on my SBR you built will be back before the class so I can run it.

So will you be having drills scored on most shots outside the B Zone? If so I may do pretty well. :sarcastic:

Mr. Smith
12-03-10, 14:32
O there will be a score and you will love it.

superr.stu
12-03-10, 19:05
grrr if i only had a carbine

Mr. Smith
12-03-10, 20:00
grrr if i only had a carbine

If you like we can fined one for you.

Mr. Smith
12-08-10, 14:46
Class is half full.

kwelz
12-13-10, 09:36
After the handgun class on Saturday I am looking forward to this class even more.

If people worried about gear I am sure Mr. Smith can help you out. His shop is like a little slice of heaven for those of us who love shooting. If he doesn't have it he can get it quickly. And he will make sure the gear you have is the gear you need.

Mr. Smith
12-14-10, 12:09
Got 2 more students this is going to be a great class.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/ken%20Hackathorn%20ak%20class/100_2494.jpg

kwelz
12-14-10, 12:15
Got 2 more students this is going to be a great class.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/ken%20Hackathorn%20ak%20class/100_2494.jpg

Hey! Who is the fat ugly guy near the end with no optic on his.... Oh wait. That is me. Doh!

Mr. Smith
12-14-10, 18:25
Don't be so hard on yourself bro.

HawaiianBob
12-20-10, 16:25
Time to polish some skill set... I'm in :D

kwelz
12-20-10, 16:41
Great that you will be there my friend.

Mr. Smith
12-20-10, 19:55
Great that you will be there my friend.

Class is getting full, only 3 spots left.

JBRIII
12-21-10, 22:23
I'm in Joe, need to knock of some rust. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

kwelz
12-22-10, 07:51
This class looks to really be shaping up nicely.
What does everyone plan on bringing to the class?

Joe how is it looking as far as experienced vs. Novice shooters in the class?

Mr. Smith
12-22-10, 09:52
This class looks to really be shaping up nicely.
What does everyone plan on bringing to the class?

Joe how is it looking as far as experienced vs. Novice shooters in the class?

Most of the class has had some time on gun with that being sed.
I am not so certain that helps it is perfect practice not practice that works in your favor.
Most of us have run guns and we like to say we try to do things correctly.
In the end what you don’t know is what kills you.

Class from the VSM prospective is a step in the proper direction in my opinion.

JBRIII
12-22-10, 11:31
Being a Lefty I usually run an AK variant, but have a BCM M-4 I'd like to break in and plan on bringing that to class, with a Krink Backup.

Mr. Smith
12-22-10, 18:23
Being a Lefty I usually run an AK variant, but have a BCM M-4 I'd like to break in and plan on bringing that to class, with a Krink Backup.

Glad to have you.

kwelz
12-23-10, 10:05

Great to hear. We were actually just talking about bringing a different type of weapon as a backup and Pro and cons associated with it.

I have decided to switch to my G17 as my secondary for this class but will be running my 14.5 inch M4 as my primary with a 16 inch M4 as my backup. My backup isn't the optimal Training gun since it is a bit heavier and longer but I don't foresee needing it either.

I am also switching out my optic from an Aimpoint H1 micro to a Trijicon TA44 Mini. Will be interesting to see how that does. Worst case scenario I can switch out optic and lunch.

This class looks to be shaping up nicely. I can't wait to see everyone there. Just remember to dress warm!

Appalachian
12-23-10, 17:14
Looking forward to it!

And it was an absolute pleasure sitting down and talking with you today, wish I could have spent more time.

I am looking forward to learning from you.

v/r

Mr. Smith
12-23-10, 17:49
Looking forward to it!

And it was an absolute pleasure sitting down and talking with you today, wish I could have spent more time.

I am looking forward to learning from you.

v/r

I am glad to have you.

Mr. Smith
12-28-10, 12:27
Just got the last person class is now full.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/VSM%20CLASS%2012-11-2010/PC110856.jpg

galaxie500
12-29-10, 14:48
Looking forward to meeting all of you. I plan to bring my new Daniel Defense 14.5 inch Midlength to class. I just put another 500 rounds through it yesterday and it ran great. I don't have a back up right now so it better run. :sarcastic: Anyway, I guess I will be seeing you next Saturday.

Mr. Smith
12-29-10, 14:53
Looking forward to meeting all of you. I plan to bring my new Daniel Defense 14.5 inch Midlength to class. I just put another 500 rounds through it yesterday and it ran great. I don't have a back up right now so it better run. :sarcastic: Anyway, I guess I will be seeing you next Saturday.

We will be glad to have you.

kwelz
12-30-10, 14:08
Looks like the class came together great.

I can't wait to get out there and win some Drills!

Mr. Smith
12-31-10, 15:32
Looks like the class came together great.

I can't wait to get out there and win some Drills!

After today I am confident you will win some.

kwelz
01-06-11, 13:07
Weather reports are looking cold. High of 28 with snow throughout the day.

Looks like I will be learning to shoot in a Shemagh this weekend!

HawaiianBob
01-06-11, 13:14
Good it won't be swampy and muddy

kwelz
01-06-11, 13:30
We are going to find the one place that hasn't frozen over and make you go Prone there.

At least nobody will be getting heat stroke this time...

Just saying. ;)

Mr. Smith
01-06-11, 15:06
Good it won't be swampy and muddy

I have your belt in stock.

superr.stu
01-06-11, 16:28
We are going to find the one place that hasn't frozen over and make you go Prone there.

Just saying. ;)

that mud pit is my best friend!