PDA

View Full Version : AAC M4-1000 Question.

kwelz
11-30-10, 09:29
Does anyone know if this suppressor will work with the 51T style Flash-hiders. I am assuming it will not but figured it could not hurt to ask.

JasonM
11-30-10, 09:44
Well, officially, no, it will not lock on.

It is made to be used with 18-tooth mounts.

It will mount up nice and square and can be shot on a 51T mount no problem, but it can easily back off and must be frequently checked- something that gets tough to do as it heats up.

kwelz
11-30-10, 10:15
Thank you for the quick answer. I figured that was the reply but I was hoping otherwise. I was forced to go with a M4-1000 due to funding issues but was hoping to pick up a M42K in the future as well. But with them not working ont he same mount it may be problematic.

JasonM
11-30-10, 10:17
I hear you. My advice would be to not sweat the M4-2000 and just shoot the hell out of the M4-1000. It's very close in sound and unless you are doing sustained full auto, it'll hold up very very well.

If you ever burn it out someday down the road in the far future, you can get an M4-5000 :)

kwelz
11-30-10, 15:52
Thank you again good sir.
If you would indulge one additional question; Is there any concern shooting a .22 through this. I have an M&P22 that I was considering suppressing as well. It would be a lot easier to just buy another QD for it however some people in another thread expressed concern with possible lead buildup.

Should I just purchase a dedicated .22 can instead?

JasonM
12-01-10, 11:14
Thank you again good sir.
If you would indulge one additional question; Is there any concern shooting a .22 through this. I have an M&P22 that I was considering suppressing as well. It would be a lot easier to just buy another QD for it however some people in another thread expressed concern with possible lead buildup.

Should I just purchase a dedicated .22 can instead?

i would always suggest a dedicated .22 can that you can clean for that use.

That said, much like how you CAN use an 18-tooth silencer on a 51-tooth mount, you CAN use your 5.56 can on a 22 host, but in the long run, it's not worth potentially crudding up the rifle can.

kwelz
12-01-10, 14:19
Thanks Jason. I appreciate the advice. Looks like a good excuse to spend more money with your company. Now if only the paperwork wasn't such a pain.