PDA

View Full Version : New view on sighting in?

Honulea
08-09-07, 04:00
Just read this at policeonedotcom. Might be old news to you but I've never seen a variance break down by distance like that in my searches. Any thoughts?

http://www.policeone.com/police-products/firearms/accessories/sights-scopes/articles/1298015/

Creighton

Pat_Rogers
08-09-07, 06:10
Answered for you on 10-8. The 50/200 yd zero has been the standard for years outside of the mil.

FJB
08-09-07, 12:55
I wrote an article for SOF Mag nearly a year ago (soon to be published) about the pros & cons between the various military battlefield zeros and the 50/200 yard zero used by almost all 'Tier 1' instructors and schools. The article includes diagrams of the different ballistic curves. Pat kindly helped review it, as did Dean Caputo. Bottomline is that for the vast majority of military, LE, and civilians 50/200 yard zero is optimum.

S/F

Honulea
08-09-07, 18:19
Thanks again for your replies, Pat. FJB I'll keep an eye out for that issue, thanks.

Creighton

m4fun
08-10-07, 01:14
Do a search on Chuck Santose IBZ(Improved Battle Sight Zero)

Not sure of the history, but he seemed to be pushing it way before you heard it anywhere else.

It works!

Pat_Rogers
08-10-07, 05:41
My company- EAG- has been using the 50/200yd for at least 19 years. I didn't invent it- i learned it from other switched people who had been using it before me.

Freddie- i'm looking forward to seeing this in print. Slaying sacred cows again?

Harv
08-10-07, 16:23
Ya mean now I'm gonna have to buy a copy of SOF!!!!!

Well.. OK.. I'll do it.. but just for the Col.;)

Unless you tell me it's OK to just stand at the counter and read the article.....:)

FJB
08-10-07, 17:02
Harv,
Lurk if you must, but LTC Bob Brown is a good guy and his magazine is worth supporting. Bob is endeavoring to improve the writing, which is confusing to me why he wants to publish my knuckle dragging thoughts.

S/F

Harv
08-10-07, 19:17
I'm just funin ya Sir.... I'd be lying if I said I never bought a SOF mag... and the Col is a good guy....