PDA

View Full Version : Optic's for CQB rifles: Is it ok to go between different makes?

User Name
08-09-07, 06:40
Hello all! I have a Trijicon Tri Power set up on my Colt 6920 and a EO Tech 553 set up on my Noveske N4. I am not really sure at this moment if I am just screwing myself in training going between the two different optics. Both by the way have their strong points as well as their weak ones (in my limited opinion) Do the majority of the more experienced operators, shooters, trainers on this forum shoot one brand of optic or style on their CQB type weapons and one only. Or do some of you guys run say an Aimpoint on one rifle and a EO tech on another without feeling you are compromising much?

KevinB
08-09-07, 10:25
I run Short Dot's on some carbine -- and EO's on others, in fact I think I have an aimpoint gun around somewhere too.

The only muscle memroy issues I've had with optics have been related to putting Dr Optic's on as a "O.S.S." when I've looked thru the primary glass instead of the Dr.

Alpha Sierra
08-09-07, 15:21
There should be little to no issue in switching between non-magnifying optical sights of different brands and reticles.

The only complication I can see is if you switch between different magnifying optics with reticles that have very different information presentation. Then you might have to train more often for your brain to switch easily.

I am used to an Aimpoint, and this past weekend I tried an Accupoint-sighted M1A right after finishing a carbine class. I was able to use the Accupoint without any conscious effort as its reticle gives me basically the same info that the Aimpoint's dot does.