PDA

View Full Version : what lower parts kit

cymax
12-01-10, 07:22
hello.. well it's the holidays and it's time for a little fun. so time for new build.

my question to you all is what lower parts kit would u go for.

G&R, DD or LWRC( expensive i find)..i can't afford a Geissele trigger.

i would like your opinion on the triggers. i hear a lot of good things about all 3

i am making this a poll but please leave your opinion as well
thank you :)

Artos
12-01-10, 07:27
If you are not going to use the standard trigger, then just go with one of the G&R kits depending on your needs.

SWATcop556
12-01-10, 07:28
I personally would go with the LPK from Grant. The LPKs from DD that I have seen have all been GTG as well. Either would offer high quality performance trigger pulls between the two are good single stage triggers. I only use stock "mil-spec" single stage triggers in any of my social rifles.

I have not had any hands on with LWRCi's LPK other than what comes in their rifles. For personal reasons I stay away from anything LWRCi.

zombie killer
12-01-10, 07:42
I have a DD kit in my gun and it works great, very consistent and smooth. I will have an LWRC later this week so I will have hands on experience with that soon.

Hmac
12-01-10, 07:44
I don't have a rifle, either built or bought, that has a stock grip or stock FCG, so I've never purchased a "store-bought" LPK. I've always just bought the LPK parts individually from Brownells or Midway, springs and detents in 3-packs. I've never bought anything from G&R, but custom assembling an LPK from the options he advertises doesn't sound like a bad idea.

bsmith_shoot
12-01-10, 07:45
All three are GTG, but I would just go with the G&R. I am a fan of Stag too. :lol:

Militant83
12-01-10, 09:17
From your options id go with G&R or DD... But also from what ive seen Spikes Tactical offers a standard and a enhanced price kit for reasonable prices.

d90king
12-01-10, 09:29
Please take the time to do some simple research before starting the 10,000th LPK thread. You could also simply call Grant and see what he recommends based upon what your needs and intended uses are.

A little time reading instead of posting will go a long way. Don't rely on a poll to make decisions for you. RESEARCH on your own and you will be rewarded with knowledge above and beyond what you are looking for.

THCDDM4
12-01-10, 09:29
All are GTG. I'd go with DD...

caelumatra
12-01-10, 09:45
I'd go with DD cause its cheaper than Grants. I've not had a problem with any of the several I've installed. I'm sure Grants are great too, but its $95. DD is $70 @ Dsgarms

TonyTacoma
12-01-10, 10:58
A coworker of mine recieved a DD lpk two days ago and I had a chance to inspect it. Very nice kit for the money, installed it and he is a happy camper, I would recommend it.

cj5_dude
12-01-10, 11:57
I liked the one from G&R because I could get it without a trigger and grip. Once I got it the parts were nice and I was happy with it overall. I was only unhappy with the safety selector. It was very soft and felt like crap. It had no "snap" to it. I upgraded to the BAD ASS selector lever and am happy with that.

fivefivesix
12-01-10, 11:57
ive read alot of good reports on grants kits as well but personally havent used one. i think he buys the best of the parts and puts it together as a pack. ive used dd kit in my dd build and it was great

v-j
12-01-10, 12:04
DD is my choice

The_War_Wagon
12-01-10, 12:44
Hard to go WRONG with those 3, but from EXPERIENCE - Grant's.

Spiffums
12-01-10, 12:45
At least he didn't ask about Bushmaster or DPMS lpks.