PDA

View Full Version : Where to get recent M&P9.

Omega Man
12-01-10, 21:05
Anyone know where i can get an M&P9 that is current production, with the MA sear spring? Im looking to avoid "dead trigger" syndrome.

kartoffel
12-01-10, 21:09
Could always start with your local FFL who's a S&W dealer. Tell them what you're looking for and they'll probably work with you.

Fried Chicken Blowout
12-01-10, 21:21
G&R Tactical

Omega Man
12-01-10, 23:11
I dont think Grant has them at this time.

MassMark
12-01-10, 23:13
Stop by Massachusetts - we're chock full... :p

Seriously though, we have them a-plenty. I'm not sure what the costs involved are, but I would think that your local FFL could just order one?

dc202
12-02-10, 00:17
Anyone know where i can get an M&P9 that is current production, with the MA sear spring? Im looking to avoid "dead trigger" syndrome.

What makes you think that this is the answer to dead trigger syndrome? Have you looked at the Apex RAM as offered by Grant?

Omega Man
12-02-10, 02:45
Randy Lee is advocating the MA sear spring & plunger as the fix for the dead trigger issue. I have not heard anything about the RAM doing anything but improve tactile & audible reset for the M&P trigger.

variablebinary
12-02-10, 02:51

I think you are putting the cart before the horse. Get a standard M&P and shoot it.

The odds of you having a real issue are low.

Dead trigger is akin to limp wristing in terms of being the M&P's boogie-man

Omega Man
12-02-10, 11:22
Before i shell out my hard earned cash for a new pistol, im going to do everything possible to make sure its as reliable as possible. Smith & Wesson didn't correct the problem for no reason. The chances of a dead trigger may be low, but why not bring down the odds even further? Makes sense to me.

ralph
12-02-10, 19:10
Before i shell out my hard earned cash for a new pistol, im going to do everything possible to make sure its as reliable as possible. Smith & Wesson didn't correct the problem for no reason. The chances of a dead trigger may be low, but why not bring down the odds even further? Makes sense to me.

I agree, I had a dead trigger in my M&P 9, happened once, I had a DCAEK installed installed at the time..A quick call to Apex cured the problem. Randy modifed my sear housing, installed the Mass sear spring,As I remember him saying on another board, the Mass sear spring is something like 7 times larger than the stock sear spring.So, yeah, the Mass spring is a permenent cure for "dead trigger" The stock sear spring is just too small to handle the job...

Omega Man, I'd just keep checking with Grant, At least you'll know you'll get a M&P with the latest sear spring, etc..

M4arc
12-02-10, 19:11
Call Grant.

Omega Man
12-02-10, 21:39
Thanks guys. I'll try Grant again soon.