PDA

View Full Version : So, is it Black Rifle sacrilege..........

SW-Shooter
12-01-10, 23:41
So, is it Black Rifle sacrilege to mount a top shelf BCM upper to a Spikes Tactical lower?

The lower is a Safe/Semi marked (no color fill) with a Magpul UBR, MIAD, BAD.

The upper is a BFH BCM., with a Magpul MOE forend, LMT BUIS, MNS light mount w/G2X.

The concept is a K.I.S.S. carbine.

So am I okay with marrying these two, or will I be ridiculed by all of the kewl guys at the super secret squirrel classes?

lethal dose
12-01-10, 23:49
When it comes to lowers, they're like women... it's what's inside that counts... right? Ok, maybe not... but that generally does apply to lowers. Be sure it's in spec, dump some quality guys in it, and enjoy. It's more or less picking your favorite roll mark. Personally, I like the DD lowers because of the flared magwell.

Ak44
12-01-10, 23:53
When it comes to lowers, they're like women... it's what's inside that counts... right? Ok, maybe not..

:sarcastic:

Why do you care about those "kewl" guys and what they think? As long as the important parts are reliable and the gun goes bang, who cares what rollmark you have?

m1a_scoutguy
12-01-10, 23:53
Hell no,,mount away ,,LOL !!! There is nothing wrong with Spikes Lowers,,hell there is nothing wrong with 95% of the Lowers out there,,there is only so many Company's that make lowers anyways,,as long as they are in spec,,and a standard LPK works, (DD,,LMT,,Colt,,etc),you should be good to go !! I wouldn't worry about it !!! :)

lethal dose
12-02-10, 00:00

Why do you care about those "kewl" guys and what they think? As long as the important parts are reliable and the gun goes bang, who cares what rollmark you have?

My point, exactly. As long as the lower is in spec and the guts are quality, it really doesn't matter. That's why I said to just pick your favorite design and shoot away!

ALCOAR
12-02-10, 00:15
While not always a fan of the roll markings, and all the color fill, Tom and Spikes build great kit and I believe in several areas they shine....AR 22 market and the Spikes BCG are two that come to mind.

Eurodriver
12-02-10, 00:27
If it really bothers you, just be sure to post pics from the ejector port side of the rifle so the internet commandos know you don't have a ST rifle...many assume that the rollmark on the lower is the make of the entire rifle...:rolleyes:

Btw, this thread is pointless. Of course its not sacrilege, as long as the color matches and theres no slop. ;)

Ak44
12-02-10, 00:42
Color matching can be solved with krylon :cool:

Magic_Salad0892
12-02-10, 03:43
dump some quality guys in it, and enjoy.

BufordTJustice
12-02-10, 03:52
BCM riding on a spike's lower. runs great. Can't beat the price of a Spike's complete lower.

DSZM4
12-02-10, 06:18
I have a LMT CQB on a STAG and a DD on a DSA so its cool.

ForTehNguyen
12-02-10, 06:37
no

BCM upper on DPMS lower here, mags drop free and all

lethal dose
12-02-10, 06:53
Typo. That's supposed to be guts, not guys. Wow... I just realized how much this thread blows. No offense, op. Haha.

djegators
12-02-10, 07:09
Did one for my buddy, who thought he had no interest in ARs, now it is his most favorite firearm.

Spikes lower, G&R LPK, BCM LW Middy:

http://oi55.tinypic.com/dy0rkg.jpg

Spiffums
12-02-10, 07:46
I dropped my BCM upper on my bushmaster lower. It was made 10 to 12 years old and I love the roll mark.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-02-10, 07:52
When it comes to lowers, they're like women... it's what's inside that counts... right?

It's what you put inside that counts.....

I have Noveske and JP uppers on DPMS and CMMG lowers. Of course the lowers have Magpul furniture, WOA Parts kits and G-triggers ;)

I had a Magpul lower, it never got me laid or helped me make a shot.

I did have an Oly lower years ago I had to take a file to the magwell and the front pivot pin was off.

jaxman7
12-02-10, 07:54
Vltor upper on DPMS lower (w/DD LPK) here.........extreme sacrilege?!? ;)

-Jax

SteveL
12-02-10, 07:59
Is there anything wrong with the Spike's LPK that would come in a complete lower, or is it better to get a stripped lower and add someone else's LPK?

J-Dub
12-02-10, 08:05
If it is, the AR gods are not happy with me...lol

I have a BCM middy upper on a DPMS lower. It was cheap, and it works fine.

liberty057
12-02-10, 08:15
Absolutely not!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4089/4988169105_a9459d8621_b.jpg

Dionysusigma
12-02-10, 09:01
ARs were made to be mixed and matched. Mutts seem to be the norm. :)

Militant83
12-02-10, 12:43
Mount away theres nothing wrong with a spikes lower..

jasonhgross
12-02-10, 12:52
Dont think so. I have a lowly doublestar lower filled with a G&R LPK, sopmod stock, VLTOR receiver extention, and a BCM BHF upper wearing a DD RIS II rail and aimpoint T1.

SW-Shooter
12-02-10, 15:32
I forgot to mention it has a G&R tactical LPK.

Tactical Joke
12-02-10, 20:35
One of my DD uppers sits on an RRA lower, so if it offends the God of Black Rifles, I'll buy you a beer wherever us heathens go.

Arcana71
12-08-10, 01:35
When it comes to lowers, they're like women...
dump some quality guys in it, and enjoy.Dude, this is the best typo of all time... of all time.
I forgot to mention it has a G&R tactical LPK.Oh Hell... go knock yourself out, then. I'm sure you'll be fine.

And by the way... based on a lot of what I've read on this board, a Bravo upper on a Spike's lower is like Henry Tudor marrying Elizabeth of York to end the War of the Roses.

asme
12-08-10, 01:56
Someone on calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=305071) has a noveske upper on a plum crazy lower.

Hey, whatever works, right?

kwelz
12-08-10, 07:50
Someone on calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=305071) has a noveske upper on a plum crazy lower.

Hey, whatever works, right?

Hey now, everything has limits!

I have a Spikes Upper/Lower combo with a Noveske a barrel and BCM internals.

Nothing wrong with it at all. Better this type of combo than a Daniel defense lower with a DPMS LPK and upper.

lil'Zeus
12-08-10, 08:24
Id say if your worried about the rollmark, just ad a redi mod and tell them its whatever you want if your worried about it. I have aBushmaster and a spikes lower...they work well!!!