PDA

View Full Version : Bit the bullet and ordered DD Rifle today

Singlestack Wonder
12-02-10, 14:58
Took advantage of the Smartgunner.com deals on Daniel Defense equipment.

Rifle included:
16" Hammer Forged M4 barrel
RIS II FSP Rail
BCG
DDM4 Lower
1 - 30 Round PMAG

Price delivered - $1088 :)

Thanks to Tommy at Smartgunner for this great deal!

Militant83
12-02-10, 15:04
Looks like you got a good deal there. Have fun with it.

THCDDM4
12-02-10, 15:08
Congrats! You got a good deal on a great rifle. Enjoy it!

jasonhgross
12-02-10, 15:18
I did something similar, adding it to my colt/sopmod lower. Also from Smartgunner:

14.5" CHF lightweight barrel (mid-gas)
RIS II Rifle length in FDE
Pinned battlecomp 1.5
Pinned gas block

I plan on making this my go-to upper after I reliability test it. Unfortunetly I won't shoot it all that much after I get about 2000 rounds through it. I will end up using my BCM BHF 16" midlength for training instead. Kind of like how I have a g19 I use for carry that was reliability tested and now rarely gets shot. I have a different and identical g19 I use for training that rarely gets cleaned, lubed only, and shot a whole bunch.

JmacAr
12-02-10, 15:48
One badass gun you are gonna have there for a great price.

fivefivesix
12-02-10, 16:57
like others have said you have a great rifle. i love mine.

cbyrd556
12-02-10, 17:58
I guess I will join in the fun, I just bought a DD M4V1, and couldn't be happier. I'm waiting for my Aimpoint ML2 to come in and then its range time. Congrats on the purchase.

fdxpilot
12-02-10, 22:19
I jumped on the DD 16" middie with 12" Omega rails for $499, and added a BattleComp 1.0 for $125. Now if it would just get here.

Frntsyt
12-02-10, 22:28
I couldn't resist their deal either...
Government profile mid-length gas with mid-length omega x rail...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/Twoj238/smartgunner003.jpg

Jake Bauer
12-02-10, 22:47
Awesome! you'll love it. Post pics when you get it.

Ironbutt
12-02-10, 22:55
Nice, Singlestack!

I e-mailed Tommy with a few questions the other day & got a prompt response. I'm about to hit the "Add to Cart" button on a build-it-yerself 14.5 mid-length upper.

BBJones13
12-02-10, 23:40
I jumped on the DD 16" middie with 12" Omega rails for $499, and added a BattleComp 1.0 for $125. Now if it would just get here.

I am assuming you got an Omega X. If you did, I got the same thing with LW profile barrel.
I have a Noveske lower with a matched stripped upper that is waiting for it.

I am guessing it will take a couple weeks more.

MrMilspecer
12-03-10, 00:20
Nice choice. Its good to see people spend their money wisely.

11B101ABN
12-03-10, 02:09
I couldn't resist their deal either...
Government profile mid-length gas with mid-length omega x rail...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/Twoj238/smartgunner003.jpg

Eff you.:p

That upper, is the cat's ass. Very nice.

Madball13
12-03-10, 07:05
I also snagged an upper from smartgunner, got the standard M$ upper with the free Magpul MOE. I decided to make a Magpul fan boy rifle cause i wanted a lightweight AR with the MOE hand gaurd and most likely the MOE stock, although i haven't decided on the butt stock yet.

CQC.45
12-03-10, 07:13
I did something similar, adding it to my colt/sopmod lower. Also from Smartgunner:

Pinned battlecomp 1.5
Pinned gas block

I plan on making this my go-to upper after I reliability test it. Unfortunetly I won't shoot it all that much after I get about 2000 rounds through it. I will end up using my BCM BHF 16" midlength for training instead. Kind of like how I have a g19 I use for carry that was reliability tested and now rarely gets shot. I have a different and identical g19 I use for training that rarely gets cleaned, lubed only, and shot a whole bunch.

Do the gas blocks come pinned by defult from the factory, or do you need to specify that when ordering?

BBJones13
12-03-10, 10:49
Do the gas blocks come pinned by defult from the factory, or do you need to specify that when ordering?

They come pinned by default, but you can request the clamped version if you want.

RogerinTPA
12-03-10, 12:11

Pinned battlecomp 1.5
Pinned gas block

Well done. That upper is the cat's ass...I just ordered that same upper, with the fixed DD sights, along with the DDM4 lower. I've been wanting a light weight DD CFH barreled middy upper for a long time and can't wait to get my hands on it. For under$1200 bucks and all of the premium features, it's a steal. A few years ago, a similarly configured Tier 1 weapon went for well over the 2K mark.

Daekwan
12-03-10, 13:54
Whats the difference between the DDM4 lower and the DDXV lower?

Why do I even click on this threads.. my credit card is just staring at me with that look!

Rider79
12-03-10, 13:59
I got a pair of the 11.5 carbine uppers with 10" Lite rails.

Here's one with a BC 1.0 on a full auto lower:

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab278/Rider79/th_005-1.jpg (http://s871.photobucket.com/albums/ab278/Rider79/?action=view&current=005-1.mp4)

boomhower
12-03-10, 14:10
Whats the difference between the DDM4 lower and the DDXV lower?

Why do I even click on this threads.. my credit card is just staring at me with that look!

MOE stock and trigger guard. For $40 I went with the MOE stuff. It's sitting here waiting on my upper to arrive from SG. (16" LW ML with 9" Omega X)

Jake Bauer
12-03-10, 23:59
My DDXV came with the Magpul trigger guard.

Singlestack Wonder
12-16-10, 10:04
Waiting for an answer back from Smartgunner as to whether these uppers can be ordered with an 18" barrel as well. If so, another upper on the way! :laugh:

It's important to also note that if one orders a low profile gas block, it comes taper pinned, no set screws or clamps!

lowdowndad
12-16-10, 11:24
I've also ordered a DD 16" gov't pro, middy from SG. E-mailed Tommy twice and haven't gotten a response about delivery timeframe. Ordered on 12-07-10. Does anyone have an idea as to how long they're taking to deliver?
As always, TIA.
lowdowndad

Fr3EK
12-16-10, 11:29
I'm loving the uppers everyone. Daniel Defense knows how to make a great product :)

Madball13
12-16-10, 11:30
A buddy an i ordered from SG on 11/28. I got the DD w/o the rail and he got the DD mid-length with the rail. He just got his in 2 days ago and i was told mine will ship sometime this week.

Quentin
12-16-10, 12:02
I also ordered a DD LW 16" midlength upper from Smartgunner last week. At Tommy's prices it was a no-brainer, especially since I had an extra lower. I'd intended to go BCM but they've been sold out of their LWs for months. Many times I almost went with the BCM standard middy (a great choice, too) but glad I waited for the profile I really wanted.

Doubt I'll get it by Christmas but still hoping.

BBJones13
12-16-10, 12:07
I've also ordered a DD 16" gov't pro, middy from SG. E-mailed Tommy twice and haven't gotten a response about delivery timeframe. Ordered on 12-07-10. Does anyone have an idea as to how long they're taking to deliver?
As always, TIA.
lowdowndad

Last time I heard it was 2.5-3.5 weeks to ship. They will send you a confirmation email and tracking info once it has shipped. You can also call DD directly and reference your smartgunner order (I would not bother them, however, as you are at least a couple weeks away from shipping). Holidays and black friday purchases might make this time frame even longer. I ordered on 11/26 and don't expect to lay my hands on it until after Christmas.

Be patient. You are getting a custom configured factory made upper at a great price.

edit- weird you didn't get a response from Tommy. I have emailed him numerous times and he responded w/in 12 hours.

sparkman
12-16-10, 12:21
I also ordered a DD LW 16" midlength upper from Smartgunner last week. At Tommy's prices it was a no-brainer, especially since I had an extra lower. I'd intended to go BCM but they've been sold out of their LWs for months. Many times I almost went with the BCM standard middy (a great choice, too) but glad I waited for the profile I really wanted.

Ditto's (almost) exactly...I ordered the LW middy 14.5 w/BC 1.5.
BCM' s have been BO's for a long time now...and sell out almost as fast as they get them back into stock. Plus I already own the BCM standard middy 16incher....need (want) a lightweight.

lowdowndad
12-16-10, 12:47
I just ordered the MOE LPK from Palmetto S.A. so I gotta build the lower when I get that. Its going in a Mega Gator Multi lower. All that and a cheapo $50 3X9 I picked up and I should be GTG for a start.
After I shoot out the scope I'm liking the Millett 1X4 for a good glass.

lowdowndad

warlord260
12-16-10, 15:59

I ordered the same with the omega x 12" also last week. Am excited!

Madball13
12-16-10, 16:45
Just got an e-mail that my upper shipped!!

fdxpilot
12-16-10, 16:49
Just got an e-mail that my upper shipped!!

Good deal. Mine shipped and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Of course, "Murphy's Law" applies and I'm on a trip until Monday night, but at least my wife can spend the weekend looking at the box and grumbling about how much money I spend. :laugh:

BTW - For anyone wondering about shipping times, this upper was ordered on Nov 29, so it will be 18 days from order to delivery.

BBJones13
12-16-10, 18:35
Good deal. Mine shipped and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Of course, "Murphy's Law" applies and I'm on a trip until Monday night, but at least my wife can spend the weekend looking at the box and grumbling about how much money I spend. :laugh:

BTW - For anyone wondering about shipping times, this upper was ordered on Nov 29, so it will be 18 days from order to delivery.

Darn you guys jumping line. I ordered on 11/26 and no shipping notification yet.

lowdowndad
12-16-10, 19:56
I just got an e-mail from SmartGunner that my order has "partially shipped". I wonder what this means.

lowdowndad

Madball13
12-16-10, 20:03
I just got an e-mail from SmartGunner that my order has "partially shipped". I wonder what this means.

lowdowndad

Did you get the free magpul MOE handgaurd? If so your going to see that first.

Rider79
12-16-10, 20:16

lowdowndad

The upper ships direct from DD, I think everything else comes from smartgunner. So if you ordered anything else it'll ship separate.

BrentC
12-16-10, 20:18
ordered mine Nov. 19 just got an email yesterday saying the 12" lite rails are being made this week so it should ship anytime.

BBJones13
12-16-10, 21:34
Darn you guys jumping line. I ordered on 11/26 and no shipping notification yet.

Spoke too soon. Mine was delivered today. I never got a shipping notification. Christmas came early.

lowdowndad
12-16-10, 21:59
Yeah, I ordered the MOE & the BCG in black. First AR so I figured I'd go black. 'ats why they call 'em E.B.R's I guess.

lowdowndad

Madball13
12-17-10, 08:22
Yeah, I ordered the MOE & the BCG in black. First AR so I figured I'd go black. 'ats why they call 'em E.B.R's I guess.

lowdowndad

I saw my MOE before the upper. Don't get to excited like i did

mjkeat
12-17-10, 12:41
Ordered mine 11-18 and still no notification. Tom did say 3-4 weeks so we're still within the time frame.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-17-10, 14:33
Nice order op!

That smartgunner deal is really helping alot of people get over the fear of buying a nice AR. Hopefully other companies start following the trend.

ribeyejonson
12-20-10, 10:34
Anybody ordered with T1 deal? is that coming from SG?

CougarBlue
12-20-10, 11:05
Placed my order last night. 14.5" Middy with 12" Lite rails and Battlecomp 1.5.

Great deal, and lots of positive feedback from others who swooped in on this early. It's always nice to know that you are giving your money to good people.

I'm happy to be in the back of the line and impatiently waiting for it to ship :)

GermanSynergy
12-20-10, 11:55
:D Screaming deal & superb selection!

M4arc
12-20-10, 12:06
I ordered a DDM4 V1 on Friday and I'm looking forward to getting my grubby mits on it soon!

BrentC
12-20-10, 15:13
Just got off the phone with one of the guys at DD and they said that the 12" Lite rails are still going to be a few more weeks.

LiveFreeOrDie
12-20-10, 16:07
Just got off the phone with one of the guys at DD and they said that the 12" Lite rails are still going to be a few more weeks.

:sad:

It is what it is. I can only imagine how many more units they are assembling with the SG deal.

I will sit here and twiddle my thumbs and wait for my upper to arrive. After all, Mother said "Patience is a virtue!"

BrentC
12-20-10, 16:54
:sad:

It is what it is. I can only imagine how many more unties they are assembling with the SG deal.

I will sit here and twiddle my thumbs and wait for my upper to arrive. After all, Mother said "Patience is a virtue!"

I didnt mean it as a complaint. I am more than happy to wait for the price i paid.

redfernsoljah
12-20-10, 17:27
That deal on the t-1 is almost as good as the pro-deal aimpoint has. Definitely the best deal around right now.

LiveFreeOrDie
12-20-10, 17:35
I didnt mean it as a complaint. I am more than happy to wait for the price i paid.

I think, in the end, most people are MORE than willing to wait a month or so to save some serious $$$.

I ordered my upper on Dec. 2nd knowing full well that I more than likely would not have it until after the first of the year. This deal gives people access to top quality parts that they might not have otherwise been able to fit into their build on their set budget

warlord260
01-28-11, 16:58
Ordered a 16" Lw upper with 12" omega x rail on 12/10/10.
It has been 49 days now. I have e-mailed DD with no response. I have called 6 times, as well as e-mail, no response. As far as i know DD might not even have my order.
Even if i wanted to cancel my order i cant contact anyone.
What should i do? Just wait some more?

livnlife
01-28-11, 17:05
I ordered a 16" lw upper, 12" lite rail and a 1'' bc on 11/24 and just got an email this past Weds that it was being shipped. I think DD just got overwhelmed

jklaughrey
01-28-11, 17:24
They did get overwhelmed. Spoke with Tommy yesterday. DD is out of stock on Lite rails. That being said, they are working furiously to produce more and ship an order as soon as all parts are available. So if you ordered an upper with a Lite rail figure about 3 more weeks or less depending upon available parts of course.

Keep in mind DD isn't just taking care of us, they have many other orders, vendors, contracts, and then the Government to take care of. I consider orders from a non Mil./Leo/Gov't type vendor low on the need scale.

Iraqgunz
01-28-11, 17:26
Please do not post issues with Smartgunner here. It has nothing to do with M4C.

Ordered a 16" Lw upper with 12" omega x rail on 12/10/10.
It has been 49 days now. I have e-mailed DD with no response. I have called Tommy at smartgunner 6 times, as well as e-mail, no response. As far as i know DD might not even have my order.
Even if i wanted to cancel my order i cant contact anyone.
What should i do? Just wait some more?