PDA

View Full Version : Search not working?

Ejh28
12-02-10, 20:25
I've been trying to search for a while now, and I can't get it to complete the search. It just hangs at the "m4c.net/do.process" or whatever.

Refreshing or opening in a different browsers to no avail.

Just a heads up, or maybe it's just me.

aspiderfreak
12-03-10, 01:03
I've been trying to search for a while now, and I can't get it to complete the search. It just hangs at the "m4c.net/do.process" or whatever.

Refreshing or opening in a different browsers to no avail.

Just a heads up, or maybe it's just me.

site:m4carbine.net "what you want to search for"

Copy/paste the above into google, and insert what your looking for between the quotation marks. ;)

Cameron
12-03-10, 06:10
Just use the orange search button on the top bar. It is a google search button, rather than the site search button, which has been messed up for awhile.

There is a sticky about it right in this forum Google Search Tool is now Active (http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=58243)

We have added a Google Search Tool to the forum to help with the search functionality. It is the "Search Button" located at the top of the screen (between the Calendar and FAQ buttons).

Cameron

Ejh28
12-03-10, 08:27
I know how to do a search, I was stating that an "Advanced search" was not actually pulling up results, but hanging at the page that performs the action.

It is working this morning so I'm going to assume it was a temporary thing.

SteveL
12-05-10, 06:31
I was having trouble with it too. I prefer the advanced search option sometimes because it brings up more specific results. I couldn't get it to work yesterday either. I would search and get a white screen saying internet explorer could not display the page. If it hit the refresh button I would get the screen informing me I had to wait 30 seconds between searches. (I've never understood why I have to wait 30 between searches on a forum.) Wait 30 seconds and repeat process. I finally found what I was looking for, but it was a much slower process.