PDA

View Full Version : Tactical stores in austin

Dfarmer786
12-02-10, 22:15
I'm not sure where to post this but I was wondering if there are any stores in Austin that sell rails and things like that besides GT ?

Belmont31R
12-02-10, 22:20
I'm not sure where to post this but I was wondering if there are any stores in Austin that sell rails and things like that besides GT ?

The Gun Store in Cedar Park has some. Not much but some. I mainly pick up cleaning & lube supplies from them and do transfers.

What type of rail are you looking for?

sadmin
12-02-10, 22:20
jabtac.com is awesome, and Jonathan is a good guy. check 'em out.

Merry Christmas!

edited to add: not sure if they have a brick and mortar store though...

anatolian B
12-02-10, 22:23
Mooney's Firearms in Round Rock has a good selection on his web page and will meet you to deliver a purchase. He does not have a brick & morter store front.

Red's and McBrides are really hit and miss on AR parts if they have any at all.

Dfarmer786
12-02-10, 22:26
I'm looking to get a Troy trx extreme FDE but I've just seen rails online I want to actually hold them and compare and stuff I'm going to be up there for a few days and was just wondering where to go

Dfarmer786
12-02-10, 23:12
Does Jabtac have a walk in store? And shouldn't this be in the Texas area? Sorry

UCFiveOh
12-03-10, 10:31
If you're willing to drive south a little The Bunker Gun Store in San Marcos/Dripping Springs has an okay selection of rails, tac accessories.

Website's not much to look at.

http://www.thebunkerguns.com/

rjacobs
12-03-10, 10:41
GDS down on 71 and 1st st has a lot of stuff.

I went in there a time or two when I lived in Austin. I dont honestly know what all they carry, but they had a ton of stuff. I went to have my ASAP sling plate installed and the guy couldnt get my original castle nut off without wanting to cut it in half so I left and never went back(went to a buddies house and we got it off no problem). So, while I would not let them work on one of my guns, I would have no problem buying parts from them and putting them on myself.

sadmin
12-03-10, 10:45
Does Jabtac have a walk in store? And shouldn't this be in the Texas area? Sorry

jabtac is in austin; im guessing no on the walk in, sorry for the quick fire off...he has some trx extremes in stock on the site though, maybe give him a shout and you can meet him to check them out.

austinN4
12-03-10, 12:25
..........but I was wondering if there are any stores in Austin that sell rails and things like that besides GT ?
Well, yeah.....it is called Larue Tactical.

rjacobs
12-03-10, 15:10
Well, yeah.....it is called Larue Tactical.

Except you cant go there and pick things up and they also do not do any kind of installs. So while they are located in Austin(well, north of it), they dont seem to care about the local customers. At least that was my take on trying to buy some stuff from them.

austinN4
12-03-10, 17:45
Except you cant go there and pick things up and they also do not do any kind of installs. So while they are located in Austin(well, north of it), they dont seem to care about the local customers. At least that was my take on trying to buy some stuff from them.
My bad - I should have read the whole thread before responding. As others have said, there are a few small stores with limited selections. And Larue isn't going to sell Troy anyway. I always just shop the Internet stores - saves time, gas and money.

C4IGrant
12-03-10, 17:55
What is funny about this is you guys are looking for a tactical store that specializes in AR parts and knows how to install them correctly.

We specialize in AR's, have all the best names and know what we are doing. Just one problem, the majority of the locals around me have no interest in what we sell. :sarcastic:

C4