PDA

View Full Version : Recommend small, multi-ccw handgun safe for my father

Phazuka
12-03-10, 01:20
My dad has a few pistols that are pretty small, 2 charter arms and 2 keltec ccw's that are subcompact. I also want to give him a 1911 I've had for a while. Maybe something biometric or something that just holds 2 pistols, a 1911 full size and a sub compact. Something that can be bolted to the wall or something to that effect. Something around $100. Something quick to access for an older, retired veteran.

gtmtnbiker98
12-03-10, 08:06
I use a 3-shelf safe made by Stack-On that works very well for my needs. I use this safe to store my loaded CCW firearm in my closet. I think I paid less than $100 for it. It uses a numeric keypad for access and like I said, it works very well for my needs. I can easily store six full-size handguns in it.

Argus
12-03-10, 20:22
I use an older version of this (http://www.stack-on.com/categories/security/products/53).

I keep 3 Glocks (17, 19, 26) and a Kel Tec P3AT in there. It is fairly fast to open, but I unlock it when I go to bed for faster access during the night. When I'm up, the safe is locked and one of the above pistols is on my person.