PDA

View Full Version : Small Arms Review Show

MarkG
12-03-10, 07:06
The 3 day show is happening in Phoenix this weekend. I think it will be interesting to see if anyone shows up with any money or if it is going to be another tire kicking weekend.

Iraqgunz
12-03-10, 09:34
I won't be back for another 13 days or so. I really wanted to go.

The 3 day show is happening in Phoenix this weekend. I think it will be interesting to see if anyone shows up with any money or if it is going to be another tire kicking weekend.

pennzoil
12-05-10, 12:59
I haven't gone to this show in a couple years but I went yesterday with a few buddies and it was 90% crap. Very few vendors selling quality stuff. I was looking to tie up a few odds and ends regarding gear but it was almost all knock off junk. :sad: Did see a few deals but few and far between.

I paid my AZ CDL dues for the year, picked up some parts at glockmeister, and snagged ammo. A ton of tire kicking from what I saw on saturday. To be honest I didn't spend near what I planned due to not being able to find good gear though.

Tacteam369
12-06-10, 00:21
It really is a shame on the cost of the gun shows anymore. I can remember paying $3.00 to park and $5.00 to get into the show. Now it's $10.00 to park and $15.00 to get into the show. People used to make deals on guns and make it worth your time going and now it seems they charge more the day of the show than what they normally charge. I stopped going for several years and made the choice of going yesterday. I remembered why I stopped going. I did however pick up several items that I wanted but if you add the parking and entry, I overpaid for the items. I stopped by and spoke with Dr. Dater and the people from Bowers and both were very nice and informative. I stopped by a couple of other tables (withholding names) and they acted like they were being stabbed in the eye when people asked questions. Ken Elmore from SAW was very helpful as well. The NFA items for the most part were very overpriced like used cans (surface rust and small dents as well as about 10 years old) for $1500.00 when you could buy the newest versions of these same cans for a couple hundred less. Found a Colt 614 for $18500.00 just to name a few. These are just my opinions so take them for what they are worth. Rant over.:rolleyes:

wargasm
12-17-10, 12:43
I'm in late on this one, but the SAR West Show beats any LV show hands down. I combined an R&R trip with the SAR Show, and it was time and money well spent, especially after running into an old buddy who is a contributing author to SAR magazine. I literally "ran" into him at the dump (hotel) I was staying in (he also has refined tastes in hotels as I do). I like being able to spend more money playing and shopping, than watching cable and spewing on expensive sheets. I'll be stuffing the piggy for another weekender next year in Feenicks! :D