PDA

View Full Version : Bolt wont pull back

ghost762
12-03-10, 15:21
So I picked my RRA M4 up from my storage unit after coming back from deployment and and now when I pull on the charging handle to cock the gun I get nothing. I even separated the upper an lower and tried again. Still nothing. I sprayed som Triflow on the bolt and am letting it soak in right now. If that doesn't do it does any one have any good ideas to get the bolt unstuck?

Mute
12-03-10, 15:59
Rubber mallet on the charging handle with the upper separated from the lower. Ease into it.

1_click_off
12-03-10, 16:19
collapse the stock and slam the butt on the ground/workbench. You can pull on the charging handle at the same time if you like. I assume this is a cleared chamber and does not have a corroded round stuck in it?

HeliPilot
12-03-10, 18:35
Another method I've seen is to anchor the charging handle on a sturdy workbench and hit the rear of the stock. This procedure was for clearing a jam after shooting wolf ammo. I've seen it work many times, maybe it'll work for you.

Clint
12-03-10, 19:13
It it the bolt carrier frozen???

Try this.

Take the upper only and hold it facing away from you or use an assistant.

With your other hand, take a small hammer ( ball peen or deadblow ) and tap the tail of the bolt carrier.

Think bolt bounce.

This may crack it loose.

Applying rearward pressure on the CH while tapping may help too.

Country Boy
12-03-10, 20:32
spooge on kroil oil....wait...beat on it some, but i wouldn't use steel hammer....no worky...more oil, let sit over night...beat on it some more. try getting a screwdriver in the mag well and pry on the carrier some.

good luck to you.

AngeredKabar
12-03-10, 20:49
You assembled the bolt carrier group with the firing pin in it right?

ghost762
12-03-10, 23:24
I got it with a cleaning rod with a patch in front of it to protect the bolt face. A light tap on the rod with a hammer a few times and it came free. I think I need to get a chamber brush cause that was all gummed up and I think that was what jammed it in there.