PDA

View Full Version : Sig P229 SAS GenII w/ Retro Fitted E2

l8apex
12-04-10, 02:00
After less than two weeks, SAI sent back my former EDC P229 [now regulated to mostly safe duty] after getting some work done. Haven't shot it yet, will run it through it's paces this weekend along side my normal Glock runs. I was impressed with the service, good communication and thorough explanation of the process. My work that was done..

AEK [Action Enhancement]
E2 Conversion
STI [Short Trigger Installation] was not done, sent email to find out why and request refund
Rear Trijicon Sight removed for plain one.

The SAS already comes with the short reset, but I wanted to find out how the STI would work with this package. With that said, my index finger has no problem reaching the first joint at the center of the trigger with the standard trigger, so maybe SAI missing the install on the short trigger may have been a blessing in disguise even though I was charged for it. More thoughts later this weekend, but it will still be hard for this to displace my Glocks.

Here are some photos to get an idea of the reduction in grip. Since I've been shooting a G19/17 99% of the time the missing hump feels a little odd, even naked if that makes sense.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj283/l8apex/SIG%20229%20SAS%20Project/DSCF4212.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj283/l8apex/SIG%20229%20SAS%20Project/DSCF4211.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj283/l8apex/SIG%20229%20SAS%20Project/DSCF4209.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj283/l8apex/SIG%20229%20SAS%20Project/DSCF4207.jpg

crazynova
12-05-10, 01:50
What was the turn around time with Sig on the work? I want to send my 226 in for the E2 conversion and SRT, but it's my only full size gun and I don't want to be without it for long.

l8apex
12-05-10, 02:51
Left Monday, retuned the following Friday.

Solvability
12-05-10, 19:08
I would love to the the cost of the grip conversion and the SRT - I have 226 that would love this treatment.

Jim

l8apex
12-05-10, 23:10
SAI is running a special through the end of the year I believe. They have flyers out [posted on their website], or you can just call to get more information.

Rounds: 250

My findings today were positive as expected. The Action Enhancement removed all the grittiness out of the DA, which matters for my style as I do not prep the trigger for the DA shot, just a simple pull straight back with no prep for the break. Still not as crisp as my Kahr, but thats a whole different story. With that said, it was refreshing to remember how easy the P229 is to shoot briskly and accurately. There was a much steeper learning curve when I transitioned back to Glock. YMMV.

I did find multiple follow up shots enhanced by the E2 conversion. It feels flatter shooting, which is interesting since I can't get a high a grip in the tang area even with the conversion as compared to a Glock or MP. With that said, the overall reduction in grip, although it does not give one more leverage over the bore axis, does help mitigate muzzle rise during brisk shooting.

As I mentioned, SAI forgot to install the short trigger [not the reset] and seems to be a blessing as I found no need to install the short trigger while shooting today.

One of the items that I noticed is the E2 also prints significantly less than the standard grip [AIWB]. The texture however, may grip certain types of clothing as it is more rough, but that is easy to get around with proper dress.

It's been an overall good experience and will more than likely bring this safe queen back into rotation.

ra2bach
12-06-10, 12:59
SAI is running a special through the end of the year I believe. They have flyers out [posted on their website], or you can just call to get more information.

Rounds: 250

My findings today were positive as expected. The Action Enhancement removed all the grittiness out of the DA, which matters for my style as I do not prep the trigger for the DA shot, just a simple pull straight back with no prep for the break. Still not as crisp as my Kahr, but thats a whole different story. With that said, it was refreshing to remember how easy the P229 is to shoot briskly and accurately. There was a much steeper learning curve when I transitioned back to Glock. YMMV.

I did find multiple follow up shots enhanced by the E2 conversion. It feels flatter shooting, which is interesting since I can't get a high a grip in the tang area even with the conversion as compared to a Glock or MP. With that said, the overall reduction in grip, although it does not give one more leverage over the bore axis, does help mitigate muzzle rise during brisk shooting.

As I mentioned, SAI forgot to install the short trigger [not the reset] and seems to be a blessing as I found no need to install the short trigger while shooting today.

One of the items that I noticed is the E2 also prints significantly less than the standard grip [AIWB]. The texture however, may grip certain types of clothing as it is more rough, but that is easy to get around with proper dress.

It's been an overall good experience and will more than likely bring this safe queen back into rotation.

who/what is SAI - SIGarms International?

l8apex
12-06-10, 13:07
who/what is SAI - SIGarms International?

That's correct.

ra2bach
12-06-10, 14:15
That's correct.

didn't see it on the site. any help?

B Cart
12-06-10, 14:21
I've been looking to do the same thing to my P229. If you don't mind my asking, what did all that cost you?

l8apex
12-06-10, 14:47
Looks like the special may have already passed. But I'm sure you can call to see if they will still honor the special. Always had good dealings with SAI service.
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj283/l8apex/photo-15.jpg