PDA

View Full Version : Gas Block Alignment

SilentSniperVT
12-04-10, 13:27
I had just recently replaced a Front sight base with a gas Block and was trying to find the best way to properly align the gas port and the gas tube? thank you in advance

exiton
12-04-10, 14:16
On my custom build ARs, it was Trial and Error. Some barrels that have a dimple on the opposite side can assist in alignment. If not, just keep trying until it looks 100% then use loctite.

SilentSniperVT
12-04-10, 15:15
On my custom build ARs, it was Trial and Error. Some barrels that have a dimple on the opposite side can assist in alignment. If not, just keep trying until it looks 100% then use loctite.

I had looked at the Gas block and the rear screw hole lined up so i drew a line around the barrel and lined everything up and it looks good just need to get out and fire it. but thanks for the help

Kuiper
12-05-10, 02:58
You'll most likely want have a space of 0.025" between the shoulder of the barrel. An easy way to check this is to use the thickness of a handguard frontcap.

This thickness of the sheetmetal is what you're looking for.

It becomes easier when you didn't install a freefloating handguard, just push the gasblock on to the handguard cap. Check if it's level, and you're most likely will have functioning weapon.