PDA

View Full Version : Ambi mag release with BAD lever.

chillindrdude
12-04-10, 13:56
i'm a lefty, so i'm trying to make my carbines ambi. i'm looking to install the Norgon Ambi-catch and Magpul BAD lever. But it doesn't look like they will be usable on the same lower. Seems like one would interfere with the other.

Has anyone installed them on the same lower? experiences? If you can only install one, which one would you choose? the Ambi-Catch or BAD lever?

I have fairly long fingers, so i can basically hit the bolt catch with my index, with a slight shift in my grip. Therefore, I'm leaning towards just installing the Ambi-Catch. your thoughts?

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-04-10, 14:23
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=66063

Fairly recent and cover pretty much all the points.

ALCOAR
12-04-10, 15:02
i'm a lefty, so i'm trying to make my carbines ambi. i'm looking to install the Norgon Ambi-catch and Magpul BAD lever. But it doesn't look like they will be usable on the same lower. Seems like one would interfere with the other.

Has anyone installed them on the same lower? experiences? If you can only install one, which one would you choose? the Ambi-Catch or BAD lever?

I have fairly long fingers, so i can basically hit the bolt catch with my index, with a slight shift in my grip. Therefore, I'm leaning towards just installing the Ambi-Catch. your thoughts?

Those two portions in bold imo should never go together. If your a left handed shooter than you were blessed at birth and thereby you get to use your index finger on your left hand which is the undisputed Battery Assist Device and the best part is when your done assisting the battery you can put your index finger away, that little lever thingy is always hanging on the side of your gun regardless how much its in use.

chillindrdude
12-04-10, 15:05
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=66063

Fairly recent and cover pretty much all the points.

*face palm*

apologies...shoulda used the search function.:(

chris914
12-04-10, 15:13
You should watch some video of Larry Vickers doing reloads with a carbine. He uses neither. Just a thought.

coues7
12-26-10, 10:25
Link? I shoot lefty and it sure would be nice to try one of these on my Anvil lower.