PDA

View Full Version : Hallelujah Chorus

platoonDaddy
12-04-10, 20:10
Flash Mob singing “Hallelujah Chorus” at the Mall in Welland, Ontario

This happened near Buffalo, New York, just across the Niagara River in Welland, Ontario! It has more than 9 million views on YouTube and TV stations all around are sharing it with the world on their newscasts, including Buffalo’s WGRZ, Channel 2! –Mark Weber

total hits: 9,467,512

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

MistWolf
12-04-10, 23:01
A well done performance. Is Flash Mob a choral group or something?

kwelz
12-04-10, 23:02
A well done performance. Is Flash Mob a choral group or something?

HAHAHA.

Not even close my friend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_mob

ALCOAR
12-04-10, 23:20
This is a wonderful example of why imo America of yesteryear specifically all those hero's that served during the WWII generation is so long gone.

Look at what the younger generations watch, listen to, support, etc. and it might be just me but I cannot see my grandfather or even my father meeting up a bunch of his ghey friends at the local mall's food court so that they can embarrass this shit outta themselves while looking so ghey it makes you cringe or at least it does to me.

Oh well, this is par for the course in America today...zombie tv like American Idol, Survivor, Dancing with the half stars..I mean stars, etc. The central theme is a bunch of talentless hacks trying to achieve fame or attn. good, bad, or indifferent.

Sorry for the rant but I honestly would never be friends with anyone who thinks acting that ghey is fun and cute. What balls it must take those zero's to do that and interrupt that many people.

MistWolf
12-04-10, 23:22
So according to the Wiki link, this wasn't a Flash Mob. It was a Smart Mob.

It was too well performed and professionally filmed for it to not to have been practiced ahead of time.

Still, Hallelujah Chorus is very powerful

Preferred User
12-05-10, 00:58
This is a wonderful example of why imo America of yesteryear specifically all those hero's that served during the WWII generation is so long gone.

Look at what the younger generations watch, listen to, support, etc. and it might be just me but I cannot see my grandfather or even my father meeting up a bunch of his ghey friends at the local mall's food court so that they can embarrass this shit outta themselves while looking so ghey it makes you cringe or at least it does to me.

Oh well, this is par for the course in America today...zombie tv like American Idol, Survivor, Dancing with the half stars..I mean stars, etc. The central theme is a bunch of talentless hacks trying to achieve fame or attn. good, bad, or indifferent.

Sorry for the rant but I honestly would never be friends with anyone who thinks acting that ghey is fun and cute. What balls it must take those zero's to do that and interrupt that many people.I agree that the current generation do not get it. However if you watch that video there are quite a few people that are nearly WWII generation bringing a little bit of the real reason for the season to a place that exemplifies what the season has become. And I do not see how that is "ghey", although it does take balls to profess your faith in such a public manner.

The reality of it is that very few people that saw that performance would ever seek out a "real" performance of the Messiah. (and honestly apart from the Hallelujah Chorus I do not have a great appreciation for the entire Messiah performance)

I am with MistWolf I vote POWERFUL, not "ghey".

platoonDaddy
12-05-10, 03:52
I am with MistWolf I vote POWERFUL, not "ghey".

For sure VERY powerful!

montanadave
12-05-10, 09:27

Sorry for the rant but I honestly would never be friends with anyone who thinks acting that ghey is fun and cute. What balls it must take those zero's to do that and interrupt that many people.

A group of talented people publicly performing an inspirational piece of music to the delight of both young and old is "ghey" and emblematic of all that's wrong with this country?

To quote a phrase: Wow! Simply wow!

Enjoy the holidays but don't be overly surprised if you get paid a visit by several ghosts on Christmas Eve.

Erik 1
12-05-10, 10:37
That was awesome! Thanks for posting.

GermanSynergy
12-05-10, 13:35
Isn't this a crime in Canada?

Macx
12-05-10, 13:56
Isn't this a crime in Canada?

Civil disobedience? Oh, that would make it even better!

GermanSynergy
12-06-10, 19:06
My comment wasn't meant to be tongue in cheek. I know Canada and the UK have certain laws regarding speech which can be classified as "hate speech", and they censured a minister there for speaking out against homosexuality.

I was wondering if these folks would be censured/punished as well by the PC forces.

Civil disobedience? Oh, that would make it even better!

theblackknight
12-07-10, 20:18

Look at what the younger generations watch, listen to, support, etc. and it might be just me but I cannot see my grandfather or even my father meeting up a bunch of his ghey friends at the local mall's food court so that they can embarrass this shit outta themselves while looking so ghey it makes you cringe orat least it does to me.

I think its JUST YOU.

CarlosDJackal
12-07-10, 23:29
Now that's the type of Flash Mob I can get behind and applaud.

The sad thing is if this had been done in a mall in the US these guys would have been arrested and jailed for choosing a Christian-centric piece.

CarlosDJackal
12-07-10, 23:31
This is a wonderful example of why imo America of yesteryear specifically... blah-blah-blah...

Um, if you weren't too busy being a toll you would have read that this actually happened in Ontario. If you don't where that is then why don't you look it up.

But I guess if these were a bunch of thugs rapping about busting caps into each other's ass and mistreating their ho's, you'd be fine with it? :rolleyes:

platoonDaddy
12-08-10, 04:17
Now that's the type of Flash Mob I can get behind and applaud.

The sad thing is if this had been done in a mall in the US these guys would have been arrested and jailed for choosing a Christian-centric piece.

I agree if this happened in one of our malls someone surely would have been protesting. Would have loved to been there, it was very awesome.

God bless the USA

ALCOAR
12-08-10, 04:25
Um, if you weren't too busy being a toll you would have read that this actually happened in Ontario. If you don't where that is then why don't you look it up.

But I guess if these were a bunch of thugs rapping about busting caps into each other's ass and mistreating their ho's, you'd be fine with it? :rolleyes:

Please enlighten me as to what a "Toll" is exactly, not sure whether my feelings should be hurt.

SWATcop556
12-08-10, 08:53
Whether he meant "tool" or "troll" everyone needs to knock off the name-calling as personal attacks are NOT allowed. Everyone can disagree, but we WILL do it in a civil manner or this thread will go the way of many GD threads before it.

Irish
12-08-10, 09:07
Please enlighten me as to what a "Toll" is exactly, not sure whether my feelings should be hurt.

I had to Google "ghey" as I didn't know what that was either. A PC way of saying gay but taking the homosexual connotation out of the word... now that's gay! :sarcastic:

The video seems harmless, not really flash mob per se, and people are having fun and affirming their faith. 2 thumbs up in my book.