PDA

View Full Version : LAV rifle give-away....?

Bobert0989
12-05-10, 04:08
I have noticed quite a few "members" throwing in on this rifle that have 1, 2, 3, (less than 10) post counts. Are these considered legitimate entries? I mean, what's keeping someone from creating 50 accounts and selecting a number on each of them?

Not saying it IS bogus, just fishy... Should there be some sort of guidelines for eligibility to enter the give-away? I'm not trying to stir up crap, just wanting it to remain fair to all the actual members. I think that a single post (being the number selection for the give-away) should not constitute someone as a contributing member to the forum...

Thanks,

Bobby

SHIVAN
12-05-10, 09:33
We'll certainly run an IP check before the giveaway is considered complete.

Stickman
12-05-10, 11:54
I would think this giveaway would draw a lot of new people, hopefully they are quality posters and remain on the board.

Karcas
12-06-10, 02:17
I've only posted a few times on this board and havn't been here all that long (like 7 months).

I do know that around the same time I joined this board I was planning on purchasing my first personal AR15. I got out of the Army in Feb. and just kinda missed havin my weapon all the damn time. I talked with quite a few of my local LEO's and they all swore up and down how great DPMS was. I was set on purchasing my TOP SHELF DPMS...lol.

Thankfully I am the type of person to reasearch things to death before I actually click the "checkout" button. In my research I found M4C... This place has filled my brain with loads of info that I never even knew mattered.

Thanks to this site I now have (in hand or on the way)

BCM BFH 16" Middy upper w/ BCG
BCM complete lower
MOE handguard, grip, MVG
BCM Gunfighter mod4 ch
Vltor EMOD stock
Magpul rear mbus
Noveske QD receiver plate

Should all be here by this Friday. Only problem now is... now my wife wants one too. :laugh:

Bobert0989
12-06-10, 13:31
Like I said, I don't think anyone here would care if a newer member were to win the LAV rile, I was only concerned that the many 1-post counts in that thread may have been someone trying to get extra chances at it...

Didn't want to start any troubles, just wanted it kept fair.

Thanks

Bobby

taylodr
12-06-10, 13:51
Odds are there are a lot of people like me... Just found the site a few months ago, and really don't have the expertise or experience to add a lot to the posts. I would imagine a year from now I'll still have WAY too few posts to even post in the GD section.

That is OK, I have learned a lot and appreciate it all.

Latimer Jones
12-06-10, 18:00
I don't have that many posts, because I only tend to contribute if something hasn't already been mentioned and if I have some other fact based personal hands on information I can contribute to the forum.

I’m sure SHIVAN and the other Staff and Moderators will make sure no one who didn’t win legitimately will get the rifle or win the LAV course give away.

leftfield
12-06-10, 18:04
I'm in there with my first post. I have been reading the MOUNTAIN of info here and trying to digest it before I chime in with some newbie question. If you are that worried about shill accounts, they can be traced to a single IP.

Bobert0989
12-07-10, 12:59
As stated, I don't think ANYONE here has a problem with newer members participating in anything (except GD, of course)...

I only asked the question to make sure it stayed fair to everyone...

Thanks

~Bobby

Panzerfaust
12-18-10, 02:45
I've been lurking around this forum for a few months. (Since around the end of May.) The LAV rifle competition was what finally nudged me towards actually creating an account here. I have had an AR-15 for only a little less time. (Since the middle of June.) Thanks to coming to this website first, rather than going somewhere else, such as arfcom, I have learned the virtues of things such as HP/MPI Shot Peened Bolts, Staked Carrier keys, and of great companies to buy from such as Bravo Company. I'll readily admit that I am new to the AR-15 platform and am very thankful to have happened upon a source as useful as this site, where the positions provided are provided by those with first hand experience and are supported by evidence and clear facts and are presented in a clear, mature, and respectful manner.