PDA

View Full Version : Question stag arms vs. double star

macddesign
08-10-07, 18:42
Im getting ready to do my second build and was wanting to know which would be a better lower a stag arms or a double star. are they about equal. I know the price is pretty much the same. some pros and cons of each would be helpful.

thanks

C'yotecaller
08-12-07, 00:48
As far as quailty and workmanship go they are the same. One is no better than the other. However, the finish on the Stag is a really really dark black finish. Some people complain to dark. As far as markings, One has a big deer head on it, the other a drangon. So if that matters, I would personally go with the Double Star. I have one of there lowers and I love it.

mhmills
08-13-07, 05:01
I recently assembled two lowers using Double Star lowers one with DPMS LPK, the other with Stag LPK

I will use a Stag LPK over a DPMS LPK

jacketch
08-14-07, 18:42
I bought a DoubleStar lower just cause I liked the Fallopian tube logo :D

Whytep38
08-17-07, 18:38
I bought a DoubleStar lower just cause I liked the Fallopian tube logo :D
Getting in touch with your feminine side, eh? :D

I just finished building a Stag lower. I kind of like the Stag deer head logo, but I don't spend much time looking at it (or any other logo).

For me, the difference between the two boils down to two questions: 1) Which logo do you like the most (or dislike the least); 2) Which one has the lowest total cost (part + shipping/tax). I can't see how you could go wrong with either one if you answer those two questions to your best comfort level.

macddesign
08-17-07, 18:45
I went with the double star. thanks for the info everyone.

macddesign
10-14-07, 18:00
The double star turned out to be a pretty good choice went together much smoother than my essnential arms lower.