PDA

View Full Version : FSP rail contacting FSB

AnimalMother556
12-05-10, 13:47
Any issues with the heads of the taper pins touching the rail? The FSB was damged by a local smith and the taper pins were loose so I sent it off to have the pins re-drilled and reinstalled properly. Upper is shooting reliably, but the FSB is canted in the direction of barrel nut torque and the pin heads are touching the rail. Don't have the means to re-install the barrel nut myself to see if I can correct the FSB cant. Upper zeroed without issue.

EW1066
12-05-10, 16:09
Take it back to the ham handed gunsmith and tell him to make it right. IF he is a professional he should repair the damage he created without charge.

Vince

Spiffums
12-05-10, 18:52
Take it back to the ham handed gunsmith and tell him to make it right. IF he is a professional he should repair the damage he created without charge.

Vince

Or just make it 100 times worse. While I agree with you that he SHOULD repair it at his cost, if he was worth a rat's beast of burden to start with the problem wouldn't exist.

AnimalMother556
12-05-10, 19:16
Taking it back to the guy who messed it up is out of the question. The FSB has been repaired and is no longer loose and the rail is aligned perfectly with the upper receiver rail. The FSB is canted a bit and is causing the heads of the taper pins to contact the rail. As I stated the gun is running fine and I had no issues zeroing the weapon. I'm really just curious as to whether or not there could be and issue with the rail and barrel touching especially at longer range. Also, I have a tendency to overthink things and was wondering if repairable or if I should just shoot the piss out of it.

Quiet-Matt
12-05-10, 19:44
Tell us where you're located. There may be someone in your area that can lend you a friendly hand.

AnimalMother556
12-05-10, 20:02
NW Indiana.