PDA

View Full Version : M&P9 misfires

Dirty McCurdy
12-05-10, 15:43
I am having a little problem with my M&P9. I was at the range today shooting WWB and Tula black box out of the 250rds fired I had a couple misfires. When I chambered the rounds in my M&P9c they fired fine. I think I am getting light primer strikes.

This problem occurred a couple times earlier while I was shooting reloads with Wolf primers. I have heard online that wolf primers have a harder cup and sometimes will not go off in striker fired weapons so I wrote it off. Today While I was firing WWB I had 4 misfires. I have never previously had problems with this ammo but I haven't shot WWB since I installed the Apex DCAEK kit.

When I compared the striker springs on the two they were different. The tension on them felt the same but I dont have the best calibrated fingers. Could I have a bad striker spring or striker? Or could the DCAEK kit be to blame??

m39nut
12-05-10, 15:56
The first thing I would check is to make sure your striker channel is clean. Excess dirt/lube in the channel is the most likely culprit.

If it is clean, then you have to look at the striker assembly. I think the striker asssemblies are the same between the full size and compact models. If so, you can change the assemblies between the two and see if the problem follows the striker. Assuming it does, then call Smith and have them send you a new one. They have great customer service.

G34Shooter
12-05-10, 17:09
Is the striker black or silver? The silver one is the latest revision that has more mass, a stronger striker spring and something else that slips my mind. I had 2 light strikes in 50 rounds with the original black one shooting RWS ammo but after putting the newer one in I've had none since with any ammo.

Robb Jensen
12-05-10, 17:29
Per M4C rule number 4 you need to contact S&W and allow them to fix/upgrade or figure out your pistol.