PDA

View Full Version : HK pistols

murphy j
12-05-10, 20:52
As someone who has been looking at HK pistols off and on for awhile and having owned an HK45c... I'm still unclear as to some off their variants. What I'm trying to figure out is if there is variant in the USP, P2000 or P30 lines that's DA/SA or SAO, has a thumb safety, but no decocker on the thumb safety and allows for locked and cocked condition 1 carry(I come from a 1911 background). I've looked through their catologue and read through the different variants, but I'm still unclear if what I'm looking for is an option. My preferences are within the USP/P2000 lines and 9mm, but I'm open to 45acp. Any help in clearing this up would be great. Thanks.

Defaultmp3
12-05-10, 21:34
I don't know about the P2000, but the P30S and P30LS should be able to be carried cocked and locked; you'd still have the decocker, but it'd be in the back by the hammer, rather than it being one of the thumb safety functions.

The HK45, HK45C, standard USPs, and USPcs on the the other hand, can be carried somewhat like SAO, if you install a V9 detent plate in place of a V1. It's not a true SAO since you can still pull the trigger and the hammer will drop again if the gun is somehow decocked (primer light strike or maybe manual decock), but it can definitely allow you to carry it in condition one without having to worry about accidentally decocking the pistol. V9 detent plates for the USPs/UPScs can be found here: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Detent-Plate-For-USP-Variant-5-6-9-10-198p1247.htm

V9 detent plates for the HK45 and HK45C can be bought directly from H&K CS, assuming they are in stock. It takes about 3 minutes to swap out a V1 plate for a V9 plate, and all you need is a screwdriver to move a locking pin in and out of place.

Vlobb
12-06-10, 02:22
Defaultmp3 nailed it. The P2000 does not have a "cocked and locked" or condition 1 variant though.

I currently have my USPC 9mm set up in V9.

murphy j
12-06-10, 16:58
Thanks for the info. That's pretty much what I'm after.