PDA

View Full Version : Possible GTG/Meet-Up?

doughnut
12-05-10, 21:30
I was curious if anybody might be interested in a GTG in the Tri-Cities area. I know the holidays are in full effect but we could shoot (no pun intended;)) for 2011. Something that might be of some interest is the recent opening of an indoor range in Piney Flats. I haven't had a chance to check it out but I plan to before the end of the week. It looks promising. http://myshootersedge.com/home.php If you guys have been there I'd love to here your opinion of the place. The guys running it seem pretty nice.

If any of you folks are interested maybe we could get something going. If not this, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Icculus
12-14-10, 15:35
I would be down for it possibly. Only about an hour away for me. Unfortunately, my shooting is side-lined for a while till at least Jan 6 when I get the pins taken out of my hand.

doughnut
12-14-10, 15:59
I would be down for it possibly. Only about an hour away for me. Unfortunately, my shooting is side-lined for a while till at least Jan 6 when I get the pins taken out of my hand.

Ouch, goodluck with that. We'll try to get something formulated. I've yet to be able to check out the range. Hopefully soon.

ZZBLAZEZZ
01-04-11, 20:20
Let me know when you guys plan on meeting. I'm down to get together again. Maybe same as last time in Greenville. I'd like to get a night shoot going.

bulbvivid
01-04-11, 20:48
I'm up for it.

I've been somewhat keeping up with the progress at Shooter's Edge. Looks interesting but expensive and limited in what you can do. It would be nice, though, to jet over there to get a few downrange in the evenings. I'd also be up for a get-together there just to check it out.

I have talked to a few other people here who might like to come out. I'd like to get together and get something of a plan, like certain drills or whatever, working with both pistols and long guns. Preferably at TAC2 or similar.

I'll try to PM a few folks and see if anybody else wants to get together. I may go to the two original threads and post there and see if anyone is interested.

We need to make a meet-up thread or something so that these posts get emailed to all who are subscribed to it. I usually just go to the new posts from the link on the homepage, and I never saw this one come up.

doughnut
01-05-11, 19:32
Some low-light shooting would be very nice. I've shot at Shooters Edge twice as of tonight. I got there at 6PM and there were two other people shooting out of 15 lanes. The previous time I shot there was noon-ish and I was the only person shooting. The RO and staff are cool and the facility is top notch. My main gripe is the prohibition against shooting from the holster. It's pricey but it's convenient for me. I'm up for a GTG no matter the location and I'll try to take off work if necessary.

Icculus
02-17-11, 13:25
Well the pins are out of my hand; anybody up for some shooting this weekend or next? I looked at Tac2's schedule and it looks like they have 3gun going on this weekend but you guys would know better than I if we could get on there. Or are you guys going to the 3gun?

bulbvivid
02-17-11, 15:39
I'm at the wonderful world of Disney. Will be back this weekend and will likely shoot the 3-gun match. The weekend after looks better for me. And I think I'm in love with Rapunzel. Just so y'all know.

doughnut
02-17-11, 21:16
I'm working all this weekend but I'm off the next (25,26, 27).

Icculus
02-18-11, 11:13
Taking a few days off as well so any of those 3 days (25, 26, 27) would work great for me.

I'm at the wonderful world of Disney...And I think I'm in love with Rapunzel. Just so y'all know.

Careful with Rapunzel; I hear the big rat has a thing for her and packs a m&p :D Enjoy Disney

bulbvivid
02-19-11, 19:00
I'm back. Didn't shoot the 3-gun so I could get a little rest and finally get my reloader going.

I could do something next weekend. Let's chuck some times out there. Saturday would likely be best, but I can do Sunday too.

ZZBLAZEZZ
02-19-11, 19:09
Count me in for the weekend of the 26th. I can make sat or sun.

mnoe82
02-19-11, 20:09
Im there.

bulbvivid
02-20-11, 16:19
What day, what time?

doughnut
02-20-11, 19:27
How about Saturday?

mnoe82
02-20-11, 21:11
How about Saturday around 10 am?

Icculus
02-21-11, 10:16
10 am on Sat works for me (as long as I can shake this cold I think I'm coming down with). I could probably be there as early as 9 if need be.

bulbvivid
02-21-11, 10:37
Saturday at 10 works for me.

Icculus
02-21-11, 11:43
Last time I guess we were your guests at Tac2 but not sure how that will go second time around. Range fees?

bulbvivid
02-21-11, 11:55
Last time I guess we were your guests at Tac2 but not sure how that will go second time around. Range fees?

I can take guests from outside of the 7 surrounding counties as many times as I want. Doughnut's the only one to worry about, but he wasn't even there last time, so this will be his first visit. :ph34r:

doughnut
02-21-11, 12:43
I can take guests from outside of the 5 surrounding counties as many times as I want. Doughnut's the only one to worry about, but he wasn't even there last time, so this will be his first visit. :ph34r:

;) You're right, I was a no show but I will be there Saturday.

The Cat
02-21-11, 20:24
Are we talking Tac 2 or Shooter's Edge?

Icculus
02-21-11, 20:38
Tac2 as far as I know

bulbvivid
02-21-11, 21:04
TAC2.

Schadenfreude
02-22-11, 21:15
You guys better mind your p's & q's docs on the warpath lately over people not following the rules out there, I suspect he'll be watching closely if he's around.

The Cat
02-23-11, 11:21
You guys better mind your p's & q's docs on the warpath lately over people not following the rules out there, I suspect he'll be watching closely if he's around.

Good point.

I'd like to be there - not sure yet though.

bulbvivid
02-23-11, 11:43

If Doc has something to say about it, I'll just challenge him to a duel. I gotta feeling it will work out in my favor. :D

There's no problems. I just talked to Doc, we're good to go.

Schadenfreude, now that you've chimed in, I assume you're coming Saturday?

Schadenfreude
02-23-11, 11:54
I would love to but have to work on moby dick - my car

bulbvivid
02-25-11, 08:11
Alright, folks, looks like we're rolling at TAC2 at 10:00 am.

See ya there.

Schadenfreude
02-26-11, 22:37
So how did it go?

The Cat
03-01-11, 19:37
So how did it go?

Yeah, how was it?

mnoe82
03-01-11, 20:45
I only got to go for a few hours. I had a funeral to go to. We had a good time though. Made me decide to ditch my AR and go with something else. It was a frustrating shooting day for me, but still fun.

doughnut
03-01-11, 21:11
It was great, the weather was perfect. mnoe82, bulbvivid, Icculus, and myself made it out. We started out by checking our zeroes on our carbines and then moved to a bay to shoot handguns. My Sig was singled out by M&Ps 3:1. If I remember correctly we started by warming up with some slow fire on 8" paper plates and bulbvivd's "you suck" targets. We shot a couple rounds of the FAST drill and then moved onto the carbine. We did some failure style drills with a reload incorporated. Next up was a SOTM drill using a 5" circle target. I realized that my usual practice of shooting on my dept. Q-style target isn't giving me enough feedback so I'll be using a similar 5"-8" target to keep myself honest. mnoe82 had to leave soon after and the three of us moved to a longer range with steel targets at various ranges from 100-300yds varying in size from 8"x8" to torso sized targets. This was awesome for me because most of the ranges I have access limit me to 100yds and in. Yeah, we shot our pistols on this range too, why not?:D Finally we shot some steel in a bay that had a saloon-style set up. We shot from a doorway at an array of steel plates. Freestyle, SHO, WHO, all timed. It was humbling but great fun.

I enjoyed seeing/meeting everyone again. Look forward to the next one.