PDA

View Full Version : BCM Sales

benw315
12-06-10, 18:05
Does anybody know how long BCM plans on keeping their uppers on sale for? Forgive me if this is a dumb question. A quick search found nothing. I'm hoping to get a lower (stripped or complete) at a gun show this weekend. Thanks!

Ben

Tycho
12-06-10, 18:40
it's been going on forever. i bet you'll be fine through the weekend. why not just order the upper now if you're worried?

benw315
12-06-10, 18:45
I'm not too worried, just hoping it lasts a while yet lol. I'm still undecided as how I want to do the upper (I'm a noob) so I figured I would most likely buy a lower first and go from there.

SteveL
12-06-10, 18:46
They've been on sale as long as I've been aware of BCM's existance.

Militant83
12-06-10, 20:35
Just order your barreled receiver now then once you figure out what else you want by the add-ons later

digitalid99
12-06-10, 21:11
Hey ... While you are pricing lowers, keep in mind the blem cost for bcm at G and R tactical. 90 off for blem lower. Best I've found in pricing research and knowledge/support.

I should post this on the blem thread actually. I just ordered a BCM blem lower from G&R. I have inspected closely and struggled to find an imperfection. Much respect to Grant and BCM is all I can say. I'm new to this forum, and greatly respect these folks. FWIW I would keep the price in mind while you research options.
T

benw315
12-06-10, 21:50
Hey ... While you are pricing lowers, keep in mind the blem cost for bcm at G and R tactical. 90 off for blem lower. Best I've found in pricing research and knowledge/support.

I should post this on the blem thread actually. I just ordered a BCM blem lower from G&R. I have inspected closely and struggled to find an imperfection. Much respect to Grant and BCM is all I can say. I'm new to this forum, and greatly respect these folks. FWIW I would keep the price in mind while you research options.
T

Yes I have seen this, thank you. If I go to the show this weekend and don't buy a lower, I'm either ordering from Grant or directly from BCM. The only reason I'm leaning towards ordering from BCM is the fact that I can get the modstock with it and avoid additional shipping. With it being christmas time I do not have the money to purchase the upper and lower all at once.

triggs75
12-06-10, 22:34
I just can't wait until they get more of the 14.5"uppers available.

Chad

SWATcop556
12-07-10, 05:57
Yes I have seen this, thank you. If I go to the show this weekend and don't buy a lower, I'm either ordering from Grant or directly from BCM. The only reason I'm leaning towards ordering from BCM is the fact that I can get the modstock with it and avoid additional shipping. With it being christmas time I do not have the money to purchase the upper and lower all at once.

FWIW if you email Grant and tell him exactly what you're looking for he can put together a complete lower with your choice in stock, grip, etc. You just pay for the parts used and only pay shipping once. Just a thought.

Spiffums
12-07-10, 06:00

Chad

I bought mine before I really planned to. Everything was going out of stock so I jumped on mine while they were still in stock. Not sure the one I wanted ever did go out of stock........ I was too busy fondling it to go back and check.

The_War_Wagon
12-07-10, 06:24

T

Definite second on this - mine had two light surface scratches & a tiny gouge on the front of the magwell. One Birchwood Casey bluing pen letter, & you can't tell WHERE they were! :D

LONGBOWAH
12-07-10, 07:45

T

I just took delivery of 2xBlems and had to hunt to find what I guess was the imperfection.

The even better news is if this is a reflection on BCM's attention to detail, BCM owners have nothing to worry about with the rest of their rifles, uppers, parts.

SteveL
12-07-10, 08:26
FWIW if you email Grant and tell him exactly what you're looking for he can put together a complete lower with your choice in stock, grip, etc. You just pay for the parts used and only pay shipping once. Just a thought.

That sounds like a winner to me. It looks like I'm finally going to be able to start piecing a rifle together in January and I'm starting to lean toward BCM now. I'm guessing he would do the same thing with an upper as well....?

120mm
12-07-10, 11:43
I'm not too worried, just hoping it lasts a while yet lol. I'm still undecided as how I want to do the upper (I'm a noob) so I figured I would most likely buy a lower first and go from there.

Well, since you are a self-admitted noob, the answer to this is easy. Get a basic, plain jane upper and an iron back up sight. Put it on a lower and then shoot it a bunch.

No way do you know what you really want/need, and trying to get it "right" right now will only end in frustration and rebuying stuff.

I hope this is helpful for you.

benw315
12-07-10, 13:25

I already messaged him about that... he said he wouldnt put the modstock on the bcm blemished lower

benw315
12-07-10, 13:26
Well, since you are a self-admitted noob, the answer to this is easy. Get a basic, plain jane upper and an iron back up sight. Put it on a lower and then shoot it a bunch.

No way do you know what you really want/need, and trying to get it "right" right now will only end in frustration and rebuying stuff.

this is actually what i plan to do... leaning towards lw middy with moe handguards

Phazuka
12-07-10, 16:51
this is actually what i plan to do... leaning towards lw middy with moe handguards

This, with a Cav Arms MkII lower!

benw315
12-07-10, 16:57
Thats not a bad idea if you don't want a collapsible stock... nice and lightweight. I should just ask for 20 bucks from everybody on this site then I could build a few different rifles, and one would be perfect haha

usmcvet
12-07-10, 18:37
They've been on sale as long as I've been aware of BCM's existance.

Shoot them an email there customer service is awesome. I had several questions answered last Saturday. They've been on sale for a while I paid more for my uppers! The sale is awesome. If you're considering an SBR G&R has BCM 11.5" CHF Bbl and a KAC micro rear sight included which is a sweet deal. The deal is on the EE now. Get an SBR if ya can. I wish I had not waited soo long to buy my first.

SteveL
12-07-10, 18:55
Shoot them an email there customer service is awesome. I had several questions answered last Saturday. They've been on sale for a while I paid more for my uppers! The sale is awesome. If you're considering an SBR G&R has BCM 11.5" CHF Bbl and a KAC micro rear sight included which is a sweet deal. The deal is on the EE now. Get an SBR if ya can. I wish I had not waited soo long to buy my first.

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking to start my first AR build in January so I'm going to go with a more conventional 16" barrel for starters. I may look into an SBR further down the road.

Dionysusigma
12-07-10, 19:08
Heck, I'm four days away from having enough saved up for the upper I wa... I mean, need, and they go and sell out of them! jerks :D

My 20" I bought from there couldn't be better. Accurate, reliable, blah blah blah... with the rate I'm going at, it should be worn out some time next century. :sarcastic:

akcavscout
12-14-10, 00:14

Chad

I'm waiting on a middie 14.5" pinned BCM myself!

polymorpheous
12-14-10, 04:49

This is very sound advice.

I'll also echo what many have said here.
Go ahead and order the BCM blem lower now.
Don't waste you time or money at a gun show. You really don't know what you are getting at them. You will probably learn to hate them shows.
BCM has a lifetime warranty.
$270 for a complete, quality lower can't be beat.

polymorpheous
12-14-10, 04:54
I already messaged him about that... he said he wouldnt put the modstock on the bcm blemished lower

I can't imagine why.
Unless he no longer has and of the original modstocks.

If you order directly from Bravo you can get the modstock.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/bcm%20lrg%20blem%20order%20form.pdf

Korgs130
12-14-10, 07:09
I have went with the BCM Blem lower on my first and only AR. Like others have said it's hard to find any blemishes on it. It is a great deal.

Outlander Systems
12-14-10, 10:56
While we are discussing BCM's sales...

What sort of flaming hoop do I need to jump through to get an IoB BCG?

Either I look at exactly the wrong time, or they've been OOS for ages. Does anyone other than BCU even carry them?

Icculus
12-14-10, 15:29
What sort of flaming hoop do I need to jump through to get an IoB BCG?...Does anyone other than BCU even carry them?

G&R has them on their page so they carry them but also out-of-stock

benw315
12-14-10, 17:32
This is very sound advice.

I'll also echo what many have said here.
Go ahead and order the BCM blem lower now.
Don't waste you time or money at a gun show. You really don't know what you are getting at them. You will probably learn to hate them shows.
BCM has a lifetime warranty.
$270 for a complete, quality lower can't be beat.

Thats my plan! I'm going to get ahold of my FFL (hopefully tomorrow if he answers.. He's my friend's boss) so I can send my order into Bravo Co. I didn't get to go to the gun show last weekend because of all the snow in Minneapolis.

LONGBOWAH
12-14-10, 21:29
While we are discussing BCM's sales...

What sort of flaming hoop do I need to jump through to get an IoB BCG?

Either I look at exactly the wrong time, or they've been OOS for ages. Does anyone other than BCU even carry them?

Get on the e-mail list for it and be prepared to POUNCE when the e-mail you that is in stock.

87GN
12-14-10, 22:02
I would recommend a 16" midlength upper. It's unlikely that you'd be disappointed (especially if you bought a lightweight). You won't have to deal with pinned muzzle devices right off the bat, but you can always go that route later if you want.

benw315
12-19-10, 16:01
Ordered my blemished BCM lower with modstock yesterday!!! And some pmags from AIM today. now the waiting begins...

benw315
12-19-10, 16:30
And now a vickers combat applications sling! It's been a good weekend:dance3: