http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz307/CRC_Gunner/DESERTUPPER4.jpg

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz307/CRC_Gunner/DESERTUPPER6.jpg

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz307/CRC_Gunner/DESERTUPPER5.jpg

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz307/CRC_Gunner/DESERTUPPER3.jpg

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz307/CRC_Gunner/DESERTUPPER7.jpg

Thanks for looking

redr8er
12-07-10, 19:15
Looks great! What does a job like that cost?

Eagle1*
12-07-10, 19:15
very nice, will look good when you mount it on the lower!

SteveL
12-07-10, 19:16
That's awesome. Great job.

TackDriver15
12-07-10, 19:24
Looks great! What does a job like that cost?

PM Sent

TackDriver15
12-07-10, 19:25
Thanks guys

Militant83
12-07-10, 20:15
Looks good Ive had a couple rifles hydroprinted in the past.

DaBears_85
12-07-10, 20:27
Wow, that turned out excellent! Have you guys received your FFL yet?

TackDriver15
12-07-10, 20:35
Wow, that turned out excellent! Have you guys received your FFL yet?

Paperwork is submitted, hope to have it back shortly after the first of the year. We will make an announcement as soon as we do.

Thank You

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-07-10, 21:39
What sort of protective coating do you put on after it's done?

TackDriver15
12-07-10, 21:43
What sort of protective coating do you put on after it's done?

We use a flat clear coat specifically designed for this process on firearms. It's the same materials used by major firearm and bow manufacturers on their camo finishes.

Thanks

warnerd
12-07-10, 21:44
I was looking at your pricing on your site and I didn't see how much it would cost for a whole AR-15 rifle (with AFG, Acog, collapsible stock, pistol grip, quad rail, barrel, upper + lower receivers, and receiver extension)

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-07-10, 21:45
Im very interested in getting this done through you guys. With a conservative estimate, how fast would you say the finish fades/wears? How scratch resistant is it?

TackDriver15
12-07-10, 21:47
I was looking at your pricing on your site and I didn't see how much it would cost for a whole AR-15 rifle (with AFG, Acog, collapsible stock, pistol grip, quad rail, barrel, upper + lower receivers, and receiver extension)

We are in the process of getting our FFL right now, hoping to have that wrapped up right after the first of the year. I'll PM you a quote on your rifle.

Thanks

OhioFinance
12-07-10, 21:50
That looks fantastic. How long of a process is it?

DaBears_85
12-07-10, 21:57
There's a lot of info in here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=65799

TackDriver15
12-07-10, 22:01
Im very interested in getting this done through you guys. With a conservative estimate, how fast would you say the finish fades/wears? How scratch resistant is it?

It's very durable, it's hard to give a time frame on the wear due to the fact that usage varies from person to person. It is a well proven coating with manufacturers such as Remington, Bushmaster, Ruger and all the major bow manufacturers using it to camo their stuff. We recommend staying away from extremely harsh cleaning chemicals such as carb cleaner or brake cleaner, we recommend Gun Scrubber for Synthetics and Camo coated guns. It is specifically formulated for this. We use Cerakote on all assault rifle barrels due to excessive heat in most cases. The Water Transfer coating is good to roughly 300 degrees, more then enough protection for anything on the rifle aside from the barrel. If someone wants a barrel coated we would normally use a Cerakote color that blends well with the pattern on the rest of the rifle. I hope I answered your question to your satisfaction, let me know if there is any other info I can provide for you.

Thank You

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-07-10, 22:07
It's very durable, it's hard to give a time frame on the wear due to the fact that usage varies from person to person. It is a well proven coating with manufacturers such as Remington, Bushmaster, Ruger and all the major bow manufacturers using it to camo their stuff. We recommend staying away from extremely harsh cleaning chemicals such as carb cleaner or brake cleaner, we recommend Gun Scrubber for Synthetics and Camo coated guns. It is specifically formulated for this. We use Cerakote on all assault rifle barrels due to excessive heat in most cases. The Water Transfer coating is good to roughly 300 degrees, more then enough protection for anything on the rifle aside from the barrel. If someone wants a barrel coated we would normally use a Cerakote color that blends well with the pattern on the rest of the rifle. I hope I answered your question to your satisfaction, let me know if there is any other info I can provide for you.

Thank You

You more than answered my question! Thanks! I look forward to doing business with you here soon.

TackDriver15
12-07-10, 22:07
That looks fantastic. How long of a process is it?

It takes 3-4 days to complete the process due to drying times between steps. We usually have roughly a 2-4 week turn around depending on how busy we are in the shop at the time.

Thanks

TackDriver15
12-07-10, 22:08
You more than answered my question! Thanks! I look forward to doing business with you here soon.

Thank You Lowspeed!

J_B
12-07-10, 22:31
Looks great!! Just not sure if I can justify it on a duty weapon.

Cazwell
12-07-10, 22:37
Looks fantastic! Thanks for all the info, the answers you provided to others answered all my questions too.

jrau13
12-08-10, 00:03
Looks fantastic! Thanks for all the info, the answers you provided to others answered all my questions too.

Same here, looks great!

TackDriver15
12-08-10, 00:13
Thanks everyone, if there is any other questions feel free. I try to answer everyone as quickly as I can. If anyone has questions regarding pricing just shoot me a PM.

ALCOAR
12-08-10, 01:10
I would love to support a fellow Alabamian and your work looks excellent.

As far as the rail covers go...could you perform your finish on rail covers like these?

TackDriver15
12-08-10, 09:20
Trident, we can coat the stippled parts. The pattern may not be as well defined on these because it's such a rough surface but it can be done.

Robc1219
12-08-10, 09:53
That looks great! can you PM me price info as well for a complete AR with optics?

TackDriver15
12-10-10, 18:22
If anyone knows how to contact mhanna91, I need to return a PM but his inbox is full. Thanks in advance.

Nevermiss
12-11-10, 11:24
I'll keep checking back on your FFL status. I want to send my complete upcoming 300 AAC BLACKOUT build (along with a Magpul AFG, a few mags, and Eotech) in for your Reaper treatment. It should look great on this rifle!

mhanna91
12-11-10, 14:00
If anyone knows how to contact mhanna91, I need to return a PM but his inbox is full. Thanks in advance.
I got it cleaned out. I apologize for that!

Thanks,

Mark