PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MOE Mid-Length Hand-Guard OD Green?

d30gaijin
12-07-10, 20:21
Has anyone found the Magpul mid-length hand-guard in OD green available anywhere? If so, a web site URL would b greatly appreciated. Of the sellers I frequent they have all been out of stock for months... but then maybe I should also ask is the Magpul mid-length HG available in OD yet?

Thanks,
Don

Dionysusigma
12-07-10, 21:49
Black is all that's been released so far. Not sure when/if other colors come out--look how long they've waited to release the MVG and RVG in non-black. I'm fairly certain they will; in the meantime, paint is pretty much the only option.

warnerd
12-07-10, 21:49
Man I looked all over can't find one in stock. I would wait till Aim starts stocking em.

warnerd
12-07-10, 21:52
Black is all that's been released so far. Not sure when/if other colors come out--look how long they've waited to release the MVG and RVG in non-black. I'm fairly certain they will; in the meantime, paint is pretty much the only option.

Well I found FDE Mid-Lengths like this---> http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XMAG418DKEAR&groupid=52

Just can't find OD (Midway also has mid-length in FDE)

Facejackets
12-07-10, 22:08

Uhhhhh no. I was playing with a MOE midlength in FDE last week at my favorite paycheck depository.

ucrt
12-07-10, 22:53

I got my 3-month backordered FDE from MidwayUSA 2-weeks ago.

Magpul told me in an e-mail the green would be the last one.

Dionysusigma
12-08-10, 11:15
I stand corrected. :)

Icedaddy56
12-08-10, 13:15
Which green will be last? Foliage or OD ?

ucrt
12-08-10, 17:41

This was in October e-mail said "...FDE out in November and the greens out later."

Dunno??

d30gaijin
12-08-10, 18:49
Thank you all for the help. Guess I'll just have to wait... bummer... or maybe in the meantime I could dress my BCM 416 SS mid-length up like a Popsicle? It currently wears a Magpul CTR stock, MOE grip, and Armalite handguard, all in OD green. I could substitute the MOE OD grip for a foliage green MOE grip and put a Magpul FDE MOE handguard on it for that multi-colored Popsicle look? Hmmmmm.......

Don

warnerd
12-08-10, 19:55
Which green will be last? Foliage or OD ?

Probably Foliage, but that's just a guess.

warnerd
12-08-10, 19:57
Thank you all for the help. Guess I'll just have to wait... bummer... or maybe in the meantime I could dress my BCM 416 SS mid-length up like a Popsicle? It currently wears a Magpul CTR stock, MOE grip, and Armalite handguard, all in OD green. I could substitute the MOE OD grip for a foliage green MOE grip and put a Magpul FDE MOE handguard on it for that multi-colored Popsicle look? Hmmmmm.......

Don

That would probably look pretty cool :cool:. But wait a couple more months to see if it comes out you never know....

9DivDoc
12-08-10, 22:15
Has anyone found the Magpul mid-length hand-guard in OD green available anywhere? If so, a web site URL would b greatly appreciated. Of the sellers I frequent they have all been out of stock for months... but then maybe I should also ask is the Magpul mid-length HG available in OD yet?

Thanks,
Don

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk253/9DivDoc/IMG_0001-3.jpg

usmcvet
12-09-10, 00:51
I would say just buy the black and paint them. It is easy and fun. A can wil last you a LONG time.

jdub75
12-09-10, 01:09
Aim surplus also has them in OD green

usmcvet
12-09-10, 01:17
Even better. I like the OD furniture best.

edweirdo
12-09-10, 10:04
Midway tells me my OD Midlength handguards will be in 12/31. This is probably the 30th date given since I ordered them in April. There is a definite Lucy - Football - Charlie Brown thing going on here.

usmcvet
12-09-10, 10:11
OD Krylon is your friend.:D

d30gaijin
12-09-10, 19:27
Aim surplus also has them in OD green

I checked the Aim Surplus site and they only show the mid-length available in black and FDE.:sad:

Don

d30gaijin
12-09-10, 19:33
OD Krylon is your friend.:D

Does Krylon stick fairly well to plastic, such as the Magpul plastic? I always try to use Krylon when I paint from a can but have never painted plastic parts.

Thanks for the tip,

Don

jdub75
12-09-10, 19:48
Dur carbine lenght! Sry

TinMan556
12-10-10, 23:37
My buddy just did his whole rifle in the MOE OD green and it is very nice made me want to build my next rifle the same way.

groobash
12-30-10, 11:58
Bumped into it on SKDTAC on Tuesday. Placed the order, but was anticipating a typo and disappointment. Arrived today, less than 48 hours later. Was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box.

http://www.skdtac.com/Magpul_MOE_Handguard_Midlength_p/mag.319.htm

(I think they're a forum sponsor)

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics. I am clearly no Stickman.

SomeOtherGuy
12-30-10, 14:07
Does Krylon stick fairly well to plastic, such as the Magpul plastic? I always try to use Krylon when I paint from a can but have never painted plastic parts.

Thanks for the tip,

Don

I know it's a while ago but I'll reply for posterity - Krylon makes a "Fusion" series of paints for plastic that are supposed to bond better. I have used a couple cans on black nylon rifle furniture (FAL Penguin furniture) with very good results. Follow the directions and it sticks very well. It also takes at least a week to reach reasonable strength, probably a month to be fully scratch resistant, and it's never as hard as some of the better enamels, but it's good enough for most uses and it does stick.

Krylon's camo paints now advertise the same "fusion technology" but I haven't tried them out yet.

9DivDoc
12-30-10, 18:09
Krylon works fine ....as long as you prep your work

Clean and degrease... keep your coat light... let dry... and reapply